Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

A bit of info drop on the 6 strains in the 4x4.

The CBDs - all of them are MMG (medical marijuana genetics). I was looking for strains aimed mostly at treating anxiety, muscles spasms and/or pain relief.

Candida - steady 20:1, Harlequin x ACDC, 9 weeks to flower - although I have heard 7 weeks is the sweet spot, so we’ll just have to wait and see.

Nightingale - Shiskaberry x Candida, 8-9 weeks to flower. The most varied results of all MMG strains. The indica leaning tends to be closer to 20:1, and sativa leaning tends to be closer to 1:1. Judging by how stretchy mine has been, I would guess it’s more of a sativa leaner.

Hiydrow - Candida x Girl Scout Cookies, 2:1 7-8 weeks to flower.

The THC - mostly indicas to help mama sleep! I didn’t make note of the THC% because I kinda don’t care. I’m more interested in how it makes me feel. Mr H has brought home strains from the dispensary that boast 28% THC and higher, and I didn’t even blink at it. Maybe I took 2 bong hits instead of 3? I really don’t care about it, I only care about the high and how it makes me feel. :)

Northern Lights - 7-8 weeks. The lineage only stated Afghani landrace.

Critical Mass - 6-8 weeks. Afghani x Skunk #1.

I’m glad I’ve got some Afghani seeds in my collection, so many of my strains have her as a parent!

Mango Kush - my only familiar face. 8 weeks. I went back to my first grow (Mango Kush) and she was harvested at ~8 weeks. Looking at the trich pics, I probably would let her go longer, but I remember really liking it as it was when I smoked it. Hmm.

Current day, I’m just over 2 weeks into flower in the 4x4. If some of these plants are ready ‘on time’ I should have room in that tent in about 5-7 weeks. This brings me to my clones dilemma. Even if I drop down to one clone of each cbd (which would be 3 total), I don’t think I’ll be able to veg them for that long in the small tent, space-wise. This also throws a little wrench in my seedsman grow situation. What am I going to do friends?! o_O

I found it helpful to run all different strain autos. A little complicated during the grow, but rewarding to have the ability to switch and change gears based on your needs and wants. Happy hunting!
Don't sweat the seedsman grow. Like your title, jump in when you can (or don't :laughtwo:).
:passitleft:

Once the autos are harvested can you turn down the lighting in that tent with the clones to slow down the growth until you free up space in the flower tent?
The light has a veg switch and a bloom switch. I could turn off the bloom, but that’s about it as far as the options with that light go. I also have a severely blurple 75w light that I used during the initial cloning.
Don't sweat the seedsman grow. Like your title, jump in when you can (or don't :laughtwo:).
Lol, oh my! I think I would feel so guilty!! Unless a couple more hermies pop up (hopefully not), but that’s the only way I wouldn’t drop them. I’m really interested in both of those strains, shoot, I helped tailor the choices!

So far, I'm the only one showing Hermi on the Dr Seedsman and Critical Purple Kush

Think we have 4 in flower, plus me, ish

I can say....they are amazing looking plants...

Do maybe wait a bit to decide.

Plus if yer 6 weeks out to start them mine will be harvested by then.....

My $1.02 worth

If the current grow will give u enough CBD flower.....no need to rush the Seedsman grow

If not...I'd try the Dr Seedsman.
I flipped mine at 36 days I think....and it's huge...so wouldn't take long to see if it's a he-she

Looking great HH ... I missed your harvest! And saw there was some chat back there about when to harvest CBD. I think Shed said it at the time, but CBD is at peak ripeness and concentration when trichomes are all cloudy. Same as THC. They degrade after harvest with time, temp, touch, heat etc. so I prefer to have no amber at harvest - ie harvest CBD at the first sign of amber.

A few of us threw this around a year or so ago and found Mark from Dinafem discussing the question with folks at the Autoflower network. Here’s a screenshot of his post. AFAIK things are still the same.

B15C22D8-85B5-43FF-9630-8FC775E6FDD2.jpeg

Thank you so Amy! :Namaste::thanks: So nice to have you back again!!

Looking back at my old journal‘s trich photos for buds I really enjoyed, is making me re-think what I’m looking for right now with these OGs. I’m so so tempted to get a choppin.:hippy:

Chop chop matey!

You can always force degradation if you want with bad storage techniques. That sounds like a joke but it’s not ;). My perspective is that the only reason to push harvest times is to get more bulk into the buds and colas. When they’re ripe they’re ripe, right?

Oh and I meant to say...
have heard 7 weeks is the sweet spot

Might depend on the phenotype. My outfit one went 9 weeks comfortably, pretty sure it was the sativa leaner.
only care about the high and how it makes me feel. :)
Exactly this for me too. It’s the terpenes, terpenoids flavonoids and cannabinoid ratios that determine that. I only consciously aim for super high THC levels if I’m looking to make topical oil.

My bubba Hash is becoming everyone’s favourite including mine. I think it’s only 15% and it’s super potent! Whacky for a good while, and then whacked

You can always force degradation if you want with bad storage techniques. That sounds like a joke but it’s not ;). My perspective is that the only reason to push harvest times is to get more bulk into the buds and colas. When they’re ripe they’re ripe, right?
I love the way you explain things, Amy.
I missed you.

Hidey ho gangsters, I took some new OG trich photos. I’ve decided not to wait for 5% amber after all. I looked at some of my past harvests and after listening to Amy’s perspective on it, I’ve decided to just look for cloudiness. Plus these friggin autos are slow as molasses, but I won’t harp on that again!
OG Kush #1
56C88B62-BD4D-455F-B4B9-0A8250837ED2.jpeg
15504552-FDEC-4C65-A46C-0F11DDD4FF14.jpeg
817B027F-E5CC-4B68-97C5-93BC25E38CEE.jpeg
C6EEB2F5-F036-42B1-A5F7-5B0897501770.jpeg
33393820-61B9-4B9D-96D5-AAE832A4A0EA.jpeg
534D3D87-0E8A-44CC-8983-D0C2C5DD4418.jpeg
D8BFBFEF-F201-45B8-B6FA-F2A9FC9C4DB5.jpeg
47AD9B69-388F-4A15-8C5A-06FFA19AE3A4.jpeg
27F469F5-9EB7-437D-9801-B09F1BCFD075.jpeg

I think she’s ready and I was considering harvesting her today, but my neck is a little bit jacked up and I’m wrestling with a headache. I also didn’t set her in the dark either, so double unprepared. How important is the dark period before harvest?? And why do we do it again?

Anyhow, more trich photos coming right up!!

Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Trim jail!
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, let 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Trim jail!

I tried the dark period and it did nothing. Dutch tried the dark period and it did nothing. SweetSue tried the dark period and it did nothing. Other growers swear it increased the trichome production (do trichome stalks just pop out of a calyx and ripen in 48 hours? No clue!).

Don't let the lack of dark dissuade you from chopping though. Rawhide!

OG Kush #2
096A4905-2259-4191-B387-8256A75BDC69.jpeg
19E9CB24-4A18-4EB5-9C96-EA2D101232F9.jpeg
B86DDFBD-4D8C-4586-B2C3-D565B7E90603.jpeg
B1484D14-259B-480A-A5E0-752B591B60C6.jpeg
4FB32BBF-AFFC-40CF-A54D-DB8F278D531B.jpeg
8B205CA0-A688-4995-A5B2-F71801218DD5.jpeg
B47E0533-97C6-40FF-BD70-AC599CF7BAA4.jpeg
111BB154-B1CD-4C95-9D3F-F7123B5218BB.jpeg
AD4EE64F-6008-4833-8B96-7A42B8680D77.jpeg
E776B70C-AA29-4C66-8B8E-EAA10DDE1AF3.jpeg

I think she could use another day or two, but I’d love to hear opinions for both OGs! And with all my nonsense, I have a serious urge to drop some Jack Herer auto seeds. Lmao, I won’t, but I want to!!

I love my Bed Buddy from Bed Bath & Beyond. I own four. Feel better soon!
Bed buddy huh, sounds a little dirty. Maybe I’ve just been hangin out with VG a lot lately? ;) Thanks Shed, and thanks for the good news about the dark period. If I’m feeling okay at nap time, I’ll put myself in rawhide trim jail (which also sounds dirty!) :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom