Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

I’d love to hear opinions
I’m a donkey what do I know. I say chop.
after listening to Amy’s perspective on it, I’ve decided
Snap :high-five: Me too. Trim jail buddies? Get ya snips out;)
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Trim jail!
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, let 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Trim jail!

I tried the dark period and it did nothing. Dutch tried the dark period and it did nothing. SweetSue tried the dark period and it did nothing. Other growers swear it increased the trichome production (do trichome stalks just pop out of a calyx and ripen in 48 hours? No clue!).

Don't let the lack of dark dissuade you from chopping though. Rawhide!
Shed I can’t even read that earworm without it derailing my day :straightface:
Luckily, my neighbours are listening to great music now. Whether they like it or not.

I’m a donkey what do I know. I say chop.

Snap :high-five: Me too. Trim jail buddies? Get ya snips out;)

Shed I can’t even read that earworm without it derailing my day :straightface:
Luckily, my neighbours are listening to great music now. Whether they like it or not.
:rofl::rofl:

I think I will get out the snips!! I just won’t do the usual photo session first, she’s a little ugly anyway. Poor thing has been through the wringer. Luckily she doesn’t hold a grudge and still makes me some beautiful little buds.

I forgot, I also got a pic of the clones. They’re really starting to hit a groove and have a couple of new leaf sets out.
7870C939-3977-4D2F-8472-7E6D806793FF.jpeg

What am I gonna do with you girls? I finally threw out the puck clones yesterday. I don’t like doing that... I never thought about what I would do if they all survived, I was too busy worrying none of them would!

Looking great HH ... I missed your harvest! And saw there was some chat back there about when to harvest CBD. I think Shed said it at the time, but CBD is at peak ripeness and concentration when trichomes are all cloudy. Same as THC. They degrade after harvest with time, temp, touch, heat etc. so I prefer to have no amber at harvest - ie harvest CBD at the first sign of amber.

A few of us threw this around a year or so ago and found Mark from Dinafem discussing the question with folks at the Autoflower network. Here’s a screenshot of his post. AFAIK things are still the same.

B15C22D8-85B5-43FF-9630-8FC775E6FDD2.jpeg

Thank you! I’ve been searching for concrete evidence on harvesting cbd. Did you get any documented results?
:passitleft:

Thank you! I’ve been searching for concrete evidence on harvesting cbd. Did you get any documented results?
Amy's been evacuated again, but I can tell you that I've grown 4 Candidas, made oil from them, and had the two batches of oil lab-tested. I harvested as Amy suggested and ran my numbers through OldBear's oil-strength spreadsheet, and I came within 1mg/ml of the lab tests, which puts my Candidas at around 15% CBD. That's right in the middle of MMG's estimated range.

There was no detectable CBDV, CBG, or CBN in the oil, and CBC came back around 0.56 mg/ml.

Not sure if that counts as concrete evidence, but I thought I'd add it to the conversation :).

Amy's been evacuated again, but I can tell you that I've grown 4 Candidas, made oil from them, and had the two batches of oil lab-tested. I harvested as Amy suggested and ran my numbers through OldBear's oil-strength spreadsheet, and I came within 1mg/ml of the lab tests, which puts my Candidas at around 15% CBD. That's right in the middle of MMG's estimated range.

There was no detectable CBDV, CBG, or CBN in the oil, and CBC came back around 0.56 mg/ml.

Not sure if that counts as concrete evidence, but I thought I'd add it to the conversation :).
Yeah I want to make sure we time the peak correctly. I’ve seen claims of clear with some cloudy as peak for CBD?
:thumb:

Congrats on the upcoming Og harvest Hh! Your getting good at getting those trichs shots I know how hard it can be to get clear one's.

Great job with the clones there is no stopping them now!

Yeah I want to make sure we time the peak correctly. I’ve seen claims of clear with some cloudy as peak for CBD?
:thumb:
I asked Amy about this too, and I also asked about plants that have CBD and THC and Amy said this
“I look for optimum cloudy pretty much all the time, because that’s the optimum ripeness with least degradation and highest concentration of desired cannabinoids. I’ll go for amber in 2 circumstances: if I want an indica to be extra sedative/narcotic (but usually not necessary-terpenes do this, so it’s more about ‘strain’ for me), or ... if it’s a sativa that I I know is more racy than I like.

Generally though, aiming for cloudy will always give some ambers because cannabinoids degrade with touch, with time, with light, with heat, etc. so I prefer to not push for that to start on the plant!”

Congrats on the upcoming Og harvest Hh! Your getting good at getting those trichs shots I know how hard it can be to get clear one's.

Great job with the clones there is no stopping them now!
Thanks so much N, it’s all about the tripod! These are just with my iPhone (old) with the loupe taped on. The tripod came with a little clicker that takes the picture and it’s a necessity for sure.

Harvest update! :party:
Yesterday was chop day for OG Kush #1.

Pictures or it didn’t happen, right?
EFBCC07E-464C-458E-987A-D7EA2E3FEBB7.jpeg
0D9ED3CA-F813-430D-B946-F3E9AA8ADB9D.jpeg

The two biggest colas
B5AD7134-54A5-4C1C-9E08-886C4EE4F7EB.jpeg
7F7B4BE4-32CB-46C3-A8CC-6B2ADA9154E9.jpeg
7F421BC9-A05A-46F4-9074-3E6A8987BA30.jpeg
665A15B5-C6F7-4E48-9FB0-DE923F7621D5.jpeg
F03C1593-C3DA-4C0C-B835-215884309F3A.jpeg

Too bad they don’t stay that big. :laughtwo:
They're hanging to dry at about 51% humidity. Hopefully that’s ok. Too bad I can’t pump the humid air from my tent into the dry box! Maybe I’ll cover a couple of the holes to get the humidity a little higher in there.

Anyhow, trim jail compounded my neck pain and I ended up having to do it all by my little self (no thanks to Mr H :straightface:!) I’ll give OG #2 a couple more days so I can rest my hands and neck, plus I think she still has a little longer to go. But she’ll be coming down soon! :Rasta:

I asked Amy about this too, and I also asked about plants that have CBD and THC and Amy said this
“I look for optimum cloudy pretty much all the time, because that’s the optimum ripeness with least degradation and highest concentration of desired cannabinoids. I’ll go for amber in 2 circumstances: if I want an indica to be extra sedative/narcotic (but usually not necessary-terpenes do this, so it’s more about ‘strain’ for me), or ... if it’s a sativa that I I know is more racy than I like.

Generally though, aiming for cloudy will always give some ambers because cannabinoids degrade with touch, with time, with light, with heat, etc. so I prefer to not push for that to start on the plant!”

Thanks so much N, it’s all about the tripod! These are just with my iPhone (old) with the loupe taped on. The tripod came with a little clicker that takes the picture and it’s a necessity for sure.

I've always harvested CBD at fully cloudy, or close...but I never really go to Amber on anything

I ran some ACDC, made seeds. Had three girls going...ended up running them all too long waiting on the seeds to develop.. should have harvested the two with no seeds sooner

Pretty sure my CBD % suffered by waiting longer

Congrats on a nice harvest,HH :goodjob:

I ended up having to do it all by my little self
I asked Mrs.C. if she wanted to help me trim my last harvest (since she's eating my gummies on a regular basis, so she now has some skin in the game...)
She said she doesn't really care how the sausage is made....

That og kush looks awesome hanging! Rest up for her sister Heavenly. :party:
Thanks Stone!! I might wait until Mr H’s day off so he won’t have a choice but to help. :battingeyelashes:

Congrats on a nice harvest,HH :goodjob:

I asked Mrs.C. if she wanted to help me trim my last harvest (since she's eating my gummies on a regular basis, so she now has some skin in the game...)
She said she doesn't really care how the sausage is made....
Thank you carcass! :thanks: Lmao!!! She sounds like a riot. :D Mr H said he was going to hang out with our older son, who had just woken from his nap and was watching tv. About 15 minutes later I hear Mr H snoring... wtf?!

Harvest update! :party:
Yesterday was chop day for OG Kush #1.

Pictures or it didn’t happen, right?
EFBCC07E-464C-458E-987A-D7EA2E3FEBB7.jpeg
0D9ED3CA-F813-430D-B946-F3E9AA8ADB9D.jpeg

The two biggest colas
B5AD7134-54A5-4C1C-9E08-886C4EE4F7EB.jpeg
7F7B4BE4-32CB-46C3-A8CC-6B2ADA9154E9.jpeg
7F421BC9-A05A-46F4-9074-3E6A8987BA30.jpeg
665A15B5-C6F7-4E48-9FB0-DE923F7621D5.jpeg
F03C1593-C3DA-4C0C-B835-215884309F3A.jpeg

Too bad they don’t stay that big. :laughtwo:
They're hanging to dry at about 51% humidity. Hopefully that’s ok. Too bad I can’t pump the humid air from my tent into the dry box! Maybe I’ll cover a couple of the holes to get the humidity a little higher in there.

Anyhow, trim jail compounded my neck pain and I ended up having to do it all by my little self (no thanks to Mr H :straightface:!) I’ll give OG #2 a couple more days so I can rest my hands and neck, plus I think she still has a little longer to go. But she’ll be coming down soon! :Rasta:

Awesome!

What are you growing next? The clones I just saw? Are they OG Kush as well?

:bravo: on the chop and the solo trimming! I can't remember which one I picked to be the heavier dry weight but it doesn't matter until they're both down and dried so I'm not going back to find it yet. :)

Maybe I’ll cover a couple of the holes to get the humidity a little higher in there.
This ^ is what I do to control the RH in the box, along with where I aim the fan (and whether it's on oscillate or nah).

Awesome!

What are you growing next? The clones I just saw? Are they OG Kush as well?
Thanks DrCC, the clones are three sets of the CBD strains I’m growing right now - Hiydrow, Nightingale and Candida. Those three as well as Northern Lights, Critical Mass and Mango Kush are growing in my other tent.
1EBA3789-9413-4C57-85FA-61CA3CFCB96E.jpeg
0FBD2A49-DA76-4F09-8AB3-F8F8528F0C7F.jpeg

They’re nearly 3 weeks after flip, so until these finish, I’m in a bit of a holding pattern.

I can't remember which one I picked to be the heavier dry weight
You and Prof picked OG#1
This ^ is what I do to control the RH in the box, along with where I aim the fan (and whether it's on oscillate or nah).
Do you set it to oscillate to make RH higher in the box?

When I need the RH higher I'll oscillate and close the top holes completely and just leave one open on the bottom. Or I'll angle the fan so it only hits the hole on the edge of the sweep. Whenever I adjust the fan and the openings I really feel like I'm controlling something!
Its already is working, rh went from 51 to 59. :thumb: Thanks Shed!

Back
Top Bottom