Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

More reading....:cheesygrinsmiley:

Pre-Freeze Product

The best rosin extraction comes from frozen product. Partially this helps with preserving flower and the trichomes from break down. This preserves the quality and amount of the terpenes.

Ideally, freshly trimmed cannabis should be frozen after collection without drying, then within a 24-36 hour range should be extracted.

Even if cannabis comes pre-dried, freezing before extraction will help prevent certain components which are water soluble from entering.
I wonder if a flash freeze freezer would better for freezing.

This may help dunno . I watched it few months ago so i went bought 62% rh. Good watch though.

:passitleft::cough:
A cured 72-58% RH squish seems good to go... And Boveda prevents mold above 62%?
Nice find! I like that guy.
I wish he would run those numbers a few more times so we could see a better pattern develop.

:passitleft:

Wondering if you ever hit your banger with the laser temp gun to see what it shows as a temp. I have one but I have no clue what range I want the banger to be. I think I have been hitting mine when they are on the hot side.

I have not thought of doing that, but I most certainly can and will...assuming my old ass can remember.

Too hot is nasty. Tastes like fish to me. It’s also a throat punch. Too cool and you get nothing. I like a lower temp hit for the best flavor, but it’s got to be right. There seems to be a fine line...about a 10-15 second window where the heat is just right. Some people can judge by feeling the heat off the banger. I can’t do that. That’s why I started timing it. Also, not every banger is the same thickness nor made exactly the same.

I have not thought of doing that, but I most certainly can and will...assuming my old ass can remember.

Too hot is nasty. Tastes like fish to me. It’s also a throat punch. Too cool and you get nothing. I like a lower temp hit for the best flavor, but it’s got to be right. There seems to be a fine line...about a 10-15 second window where the heat is just right. Some people can judge by feeling the heat off the banger. I can’t do that. That’s why I started timing it. Also, not every banger is the same thickness nor made exactly the same.
Yeah thats why I inquired about the temp. I figure all you old bastages are getting scientific and stuff with press temps and humidity and what not, but seems to me from my very limited experience that the temp you smoke it is every bit as important to the process. Sometimes I see there is a bit of an oily residue in the banger when I am done. Others it seems like its black and cooked....I assume it was too hot. I haven't been able to use my wrist to judge heat and get it right.

Wondering if you ever hit your banger with the laser temp gun to see what it shows as a temp. I have one but I have no clue what range I want the banger to be. I think I have been hitting mine when they are on the hot side.

I don’t have confidence in these numbers at all. The glass makes for a hard time getting a reading. Anyway, I tested it three times and took an average of the highest temps I saw each time.

Ambient = 62F
25 second torch = 315F
1:20 cool down = 115F

Like I said before not confident in the numbers, but it’s somewhere in that range...LMAO! :slide:

yeah I would imagine the thickness of the banger will influence both those readings. Wonder if all heat sources are the same....is one butane torch/lighter going to get it hotter than say a slightly smaller one. Those numbers could vary greatly from one smoker to another.

Sharing is caring lmao..... im always watching vids or reading how 2 better my meds. There is only so much we can do . :Namaste:

Amen brother! I’m with you on that for sure.

Yeah thats why I inquired about the temp. I figure all you old bastages are getting scientific and stuff with press temps and humidity and what not, but seems to me from my very limited experience that the temp you smoke it is every bit as important to the process. Sometimes I see there is a bit of an oily residue in the banger when I am done. Others it seems like its black and cooked....I assume it was too hot. I haven't been able to use my wrist to judge heat and get it right.

I totally agree with you. We can grow dank, squish it, and then not be able to hit it...doh! I love to watch the dab melt off my dabber into a fine oil. I keep a box of q-tips on the table and clean the bowl after each use. No need to reheat the residue. It keeps the glass cleaner. However, after you get it right , for your particular rig, it won’t be a problem again.

That’s exactly what I use GT, some Q-tips or cotton buds as we English call them and a little alcohol to clean after every hit is definitely the way to go. I’ve not used one so can’t comment but doesn’t an E-nail give a perfect hit every time?

That’s exactly what I use GT, some Q-tips or cotton buds as we English call them and a little alcohol to clean after every hit is definitely the way to go. I’ve not used one so can’t comment but doesn’t an E-nail give a perfect hit every time?

Yes. As long as you work out what temp it hits at best. Once you know then it’s easy. I have one, but I don’t want to keep the enail on all the time. It’s great at a party or a smoke session with multiple people, but just by myself it’s a waste. That’s why I like the dab rig or my nectar collector. It’s quick and easy.

Just had a dab. Another bazooka bubblegum hit. Yum!

It occurred to me that, not only is temperature of the hit important, but also the carb cap and how it’s used. Carbing properly (or improperly or not at all) can have a huge effect on the hit itself.

Yes...Grandpa’s lit again... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Amen brother! I’m with you on that for sure.
I totally agree with you. We can grow dank, squish it, and then not be able to hit it...doh! I love to watch the dab melt off my dabber into a fine oil. I keep a box of q-tips on the table and clean the bowl after each use. No need to reheat the residue. It keeps the glass cleaner. However, after you get it right , for your particular rig, it won’t be a problem again.

So what do you think is in the residue? It is nasty to the taste. Wonder what % of weight.
I tried vaping it, nasty stuff. So have been cleaning the rig regularly. I just tried your cleaning it with q-tips, works great, thanks!
Where will I find your writings decarb of Rosin? Do you loss any weight in the process? I am thinking with my press weight it is close to my average FECO weight and if so should be at least as strong an easier to make.

So what do you think is in the residue? It is nasty to the taste. Wonder what % of weight.
I tried vaping it, nasty stuff. So have been cleaning the rig regularly. I just tried your cleaning it with q-tips, works great, thanks!
Where will I find your writings decarb of Rosin? Do you loss any weight in the process? I am thinking with my press weight it is close to my average FECO weight and if so should be at least as strong an easier to make.

I don’t know what is in the residue exactly, but maybe waxes, lipids, microscopic contaminants, oils of some sort, etc. I’m guessing...I don’t have a clue. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Decarbing rosin is pretty easy. I put it in a silicone container and put it in my little toaster oven at 250F until it stops bubbling. Anywhere from 15-45 minutes depending on the squish. I don’t know if it loses any weight. I know it turns dark and liquifies. Let me know if it works okay for you.

Just had a dab. Another bazooka bubblegum hit. Yum!

It occurred to me that, not only is temperature of the hit important, but also the carb cap and how it’s used. Carbing properly (or improperly or not at all) can have a huge effect on the hit itself.

Yes...Grandpa’s lit again... :cheesygrinsmiley:
Yeah I don't even have a carb cap.....opps :rolleyes:. Seems I might be missing an important piece to the puzzle. Back online to order more shit!

Yeah I don't even have a carb cap.....opps :rolleyes:. Seems I might be missing an important piece to the puzzle. Back online to order more shit!

In the meantime you can use anything that won’t melt. Bottom of a small jar or something like that. I don’t recommend a finger. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom