Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Anyone ever try extracting thca using a press? Watched some video on the tube and looks fairly simple overall.

It’s not hard at all. I’m going to do another one after I do an alcohol extraction on my pucks.

The cheapest I found so far is the Dulytek 200" X 2" roll @ $19.99USD + $9.50USD shipping to my door. They also have the 25 and 100 micron rolls for the same price. Shipping for two rolls is $14.50USD.

The cheapest I found so far is the Dulytek 200" X 2" roll @ $19.99USD + $9.50USD shipping to my door. They also have the 25 and 100 micron rolls for the same price. Shipping for two rolls is $14.50USD.

I just ordered a roll. I get free shipping. Not bragging, but that’s a good deal IMO.

I’m thinking of buying some 160 micron nylon screen material and try making my own bags. I’ve been experimenting a little. I had my wife sew the other end shut on a 2 x 4 bag (she has a fancy sewing machine) and then cut it in half; that gives me two perfect sized bags for my 7 gram pucks.

If I can find the material at a decent price I’ll start making “Grandpa’s Douche Bags!” :rofl: I’m almost serious.
Count me in for some Grandpa’s Douche Bags! :rofl::headbanger:

I’ve been experimenting a little. I had my wife sew the other end shut on a 2 x 4 bag

Yah I also want to try my own bags but with a twist... instead of round pucks I want to try oblong, cigar shaped bags, half the width of the pucks and holding the same amount. I figure the less distance the rosin has to travel from the material the better... should take less heat, less pressure and better yield. When I see a lonely little puck in the middle of all that plate space I wanna fiddle with it! lol

I'm wondering if you put space between your two pucks if you'll see some rosin fill that space and increase your yield a little bit? It looks like you have a little extra space on both sides.

It starts out with space, but smashes down a lot. If I move the pucks more, I get more squish out the sides. I’ve made side folds, channels, etc. Anyway, experiment when you smash and see if you get more. I’m definitely okay with the return I’m getting.

Yah I also want to try my own bags but with a twist... instead of round pucks I want to try oblong, cigar shaped bags, half the width of the pucks and holding the same amount. I figure the less distance the rosin has to travel from the material the better... should take less heat, less pressure and better yield. When I see a lonely little puck in the middle of all that plate space I wanna fiddle with it! lol

I like the idea. I actually think it will work well.

Hey Gramps, nice squish! :adore:That tangie rosin must taste so good?
Iv'e not grown or smoked Tangerine Dream, but everyone says the flavour is really good and your nugs look amazing :yummy: who bred that Tangie?

Hey Gramps, nice squish! :adore:That tangie rosin must taste so good?
Iv'e not grown or smoked Tangerine Dream, but everyone says the flavour is really good and your nugs look amazing :yummy: who bred that Tangie?

The Tangie, the GSC, and the Bubblelicious all came from Nirvana. All three were feminized seeds and turned out very nice. I’m enjoying them all very much. The Tangie smoke is my least favorite of the three because it gives me a little bit of the shakes at first. It doesn’t last long, but I’m not a fan of involuntary shaking. It does taste pretty good though...I still smoke it. Someone has to do it.

Back
Top Bottom