Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Finishing my coffee, did a dab of GSC Rosin, maybe do one more, then I will do two gummy's and re-begin my wellness journey. I have been out of FECO since May.
I am going to press something today, maybe some low temp press of G13 Haze, love the flavor of that one. Am also going to press some more Cheese today, have 13 grams of Rosin, but want to get my stash above 15 grams so I can make another batch of gummy's. Want to increase the dosage per bear to close to 100 mg each. It will also leave me with a few grams of Rosin for dabbing.
I plan on decarboxing the Rosin trying the boiling water and Pyrex cup method, have never done it before have only made FECO.
The alternative is to put it in the oven, as per GT, I ordered two 100 plus ml silicone Rosin cups that I can put in the oven and not fear them bubbling over.
If I can successfully decarboxylate the Rosin then I will take most of the 1 plus pound of buds I have for making FECO and turn it into decarbed Rosin, before the buds begin to get to dry in the freezer. Will keep enough Rosin to vape until I finish my next grow. Should start the grow in late July so harvest sometime in November/December.
:passitleft:

Finishing my coffee, did a dab of GSC Rosin, maybe do one more, then I will do two gummy's and re-begin my wellness journey. I have been out of FECO since May.
I am going to press something today, maybe some low temp press of G13 Haze, love the flavor of that one. Am also going to press some more Cheese today, have 13 grams of Rosin, but want to get my stash above 15 grams so I can make another batch of gummy's. Want to increase the dosage per bear to close to 100 mg each. It will also leave me with a few grams of Rosin for dabbing.
I plan on decarboxing the Rosin trying the boiling water and Pyrex cup method, have never done it before have only made FECO.
The alternative is to put it in the oven, as per GT, I ordered two 100 plus ml silicone Rosin cups that I can put in the oven and not fear them bubbling over.
If I can successfully decarboxylate the Rosin then I will take most of the 1 plus pound of buds I have for making FECO and turn it into decarbed Rosin, before the buds begin to get to dry in the freezer. Will keep enough Rosin to vape until I finish my next grow. Should start the grow in late July so harvest sometime in November/December.
:passitleft:

You will not have a problem with the decarb. You’re going to be surprised...I hope. I’m interested to see what you think. I’d love for it to be easier for you to get your meds man.

Rd1

Bout 5.5min to hear up. With my $300 emergency room temp gun, I'd say about 10f low vs the Guage on the system....ish

Love the color vs my dark color slug.33

So the parchment ripped
Too long on the press??
To much pressure?

Doing some ACDC next

IMG_20190625_113409.jpg
IMG_20190625_113131.jpg
IMG_20190625_111753.jpg
IMG_20190625_111731.jpg
IMG_20190625_111616.jpg

@ Grandpa Tokin
I only worry about the temp, water boils at 212 and when boiling does not rise beyond that point. My understanding is that you need a minimum of 225 to begin the process of decarboxylation. So a possible solution could be using oil, it will rise to whatever temp it is set.
I believe I will use peanut oil, @ 240 degrees till the bubbles in the Rosin stop. Expect that to last no more that 40 minutes.

Ok, 1.5 zips, 6 - 7 gram pucks, the top puck was compacted to 0.4 inch, the second was 0.6 inch and the rest are 0.5 inches. Their was no big difference in return due the thickness of the pucks.
20190625_120945 (2).jpg
20190625_121000 (2).jpg

Typical squish of the 6 pucks.
20190625_123446 (2).jpg

The return was 5.9 grams or 14 % , the buds were dryer than I would have liked so the return is lower.

Added to existing Cheese Rosin cup for a total of 18.8 grams. Got my 15 grams to decarboxylate and use as med's, plus about 4 grams to vape.
20190625_144724 (2).jpg

Also, one squish 4.1 grams of Finger hash for the last couple of grows, plus some Afghan Lowland hash I got for my bday. The return on that was 2.25 grams or 55 %. WOW!
20190625_130850 (2).jpg
20190625_132542 (2).jpg

Going to sample the Hash Rosin in the morning prior to taking my two gummy bears.
I should get my large silicone cups tomorrow so will do the decarboxylation tomorrow or Thursday.

GR

Attachments

• 20190625_120945.jpg
    20190625_120945.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 196
You go bud! Where did you order your 100ml containers? @gr865

The decarb in boiling water will work without the oil, but it takes longer.

That’s some pretty stuff @Chris Scorpio. When you break the parchment it’s usually because of too much pressure and/or the parchment had a wrinkle or crease. I still do it.

Ok, tried the bags...not impressed, going back to bare bud pressing, yield was low and all the rosin is trapped in bag.

I got this, but had to squish the bag on a heap of parchment, I use heaps less bud bare and returning at least 15-20%.

My advice also is,smoke the pucks, compressed hash basically with some activated bits from the heat.

Just my opinion, and Grandpa and Dutchy, GR....no disrespect meant, you guys are awesome and I think its just what suits my manual winder press, maybe its the lack of REAL pressure, because bare bud I smash it.
Im getting a good press one,day or build a cage-adapter for my shop press.

Hey still smoking Rosin that kicks arse.
Got ya concentrates pen yet Grandpa?
Smashin one now.....

What difference does parchment make, I mean the type. I ran out of my Raw parchment today and used some Reynolds parchment and hell it seem to work better than the Raw, and cheaper. Is there something wrong with using it?

You go bud! Where did you order your 100ml containers? @gr865

The decarb in boiling water will work without the oil, but it takes longer.

That’s some pretty stuff @Chris Scorpio. When you break the parchment it’s usually because of too much pressure and/or the parchment had a wrinkle or crease. I still do it.

HONEYYE Blue Large Silicone Container Octagon Oil Wax Dab Concentrate Jars 1Set +1 Siliver Tool

One is 118 ml and the second it 115 ml.

Hey GR, I use parchment but white silucon sheets, think for cooking, but its,thin, too thin, rips a fair bit.
I think I have seen blocks and stuff like a card

The real question is whether you can decarb at 212º F. Since oven decarb temps are usually 240ºF, an oil that gets to that temperature without boiling would get the rosin to that temperature as well.

I read the results of a study done by a Dutch university. For flowers the study stated that maximum decarboxylation occurred at 110°C (230°F) for 110 minutes. I suspect that the temperature would be the same, but a shorter time would be required for rosin.

Thinking 220 to 240 F for how ever long it takes for the bubbles to stop. I have made enough FECO to know when it is ready.
The batch I made for my apprentice to show him how it is done was with flowers, I did not decarb the cannabis prior to making the oil so I did it the boiling water method, never really completely got rid of the bubbles and I had it in the water for at least an hour. But he did 150 mg and got plane stupid, so it worked. :)
I will be using a pan of peanut oil and use a Pyrex measuring cup. Plan on having the cup in the pot of oil and let it pre-heat to 230 to 240 and then add the Rosin and wait for the bubbles to stop.
I have volunteered to do the lab test, will do 150 to 175 mg of the decarbed Rosin, then a phat dab of some Rosin and put on some Rock and Roll. Made my gummy's with Derick and the Domino's just a blaring.

Bare Bud press, Peyote Critical.
Nice light colour.
3 x 3 minute presses @ 95C.
Having problems getting it off parchment, too sticky.
Is this water content? Bud was semi dry.
Put parchment paper in freezer to dry and cool for now.
Be tasty....if I could get it off the paper! Lol

What difference does parchment make, I mean the type. I ran out of my Raw parchment today and used some Reynolds parchment and hell it seem to work better than the Raw, and cheaper. Is there something wrong with using it?

It can make a huge difference. My next trip to COSTCO I’m picking up the big roll of the cheap stuff though. The only thing that I watch for is right at the center, where the puck sits, it can leach silicone apparently. I don’t scrape the center. Plus, I try not to smash it beyond recognition...

The real question is whether you can decarb at 212º F. Since oven decarb temps are usually 240ºF, an oil that gets to that temperature without boiling would get the rosin to that temperature as well.

My theory is yes. I’ve never tried it, but many have. My theory is to stop focusing on the water temperature and focus on the oil temp and what’s happening. I don’t know what temperature rosin boils at, but as soon as it starts boiling it’s beginning to decarb...champagne pop.

But...I smoke a shit-ton of rosin so what the heck do I know. I use a damn oven at 250F until it stops bubbling. Takes about 15-20 minutes...boom! Done!

I read the results of a study done by a Dutch university. For flowers the study stated that maximum decarboxylation occurred at 110°C (230°F) for 110 minutes. I suspect that the temperature would be the same, but a shorter time would be required for rosin.

Agreed. It’s much quicker and easier.

Thinking 220 to 240 F for how ever long it takes for the bubbles to stop. I have made enough FECO to know when it is ready.

This!

Seeds came from seedsman

Hey thanks for mentioning them! One of my first grows will be hindu kush and northern lights, both indica strains, which I want to try first since I heard that indica has a less chance of affecting heart rate (I have a condition).

Hey thanks for mentioning them! One of my first grows will be hindu kush and northern lights, both indica strains, which I want to try first since I heard that indica has a less chance of affecting heart rate (I have a condition).

I've heard that peppercorns can help prevent this.

“Would you like some pepper with your rosin, sir?”

Interesting. I also have a heart condition...I’ve had a few strains cause increased heart rate. I don’t like it. So, do I snort the crushed peppercorn before dabbing or after? :reading420magazine:

Back
Top Bottom