Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hello growers.

The Double Black is down. Thanks to a friend of mine I was able to get it all done in a single evening!

My buddy gave me a large gummy made with buds from a sativa-dom hybrid (Orange Crush). As I am prone to do, I ate the whole thing, size be damned!

Well, when that thing kicked in it had me super-focused and moving around like the energizer-sloth. :Rasta:
It made trimming the plant a piece of cake.

She weighed in at 557g wet with most of the stalks removed and she filled by bowl. And, as you can see @InTheShed, Mr. Kotello remains deceased.
P1040748.JPG

IMG_2637.jpg

I also got this little pile of baby buds that weighed 10g. These are those little babies that sneak onto the lower parts of stems during growth. I usually pinch these off when I see them beginning, but I missed a bunch of them during this grow. They usually turn out to be worthless little airy pieces of "wish I was a bud." These, however were fully formed and firm little baby buds. Thank you @NextLight mega! Amazing.

P1040747.JPG

A bud pic:
IMG_2631.JPG

Next on the agenda will be either the GDP or the SBG, along with another Orange Crush gummy!

Peace.

Hello growers.

This update is about my Strawberry Banana Grape clone, the first clone I've ever tried to grow.

I took this cutting in mid-March and I've been scratching my head about it every since.

I didn't know where or even if to top it. (I ended up just cutting some of the top at no particular spot.)

I don't know how long to keep it in flower.

Her mother stretched quite a bit after being flipped. So I doubt that I can flip this one in it's current tent, which is only 48 inches tall. (The clone currently stands 33 inches high.)

Even if I could flip it, to me it looks to scrawny to support any substantial buds.

Perhaps @Bill284 can help me along because I'm feeling kind of clueless. (Which is not necessarily a bad thing. That only means that when I receive some guidance, I'll be learning something new!)

I've been feeding her 5g of Mega Crop and looking at her. That (and cutting a piece off the top) is all I have done.

P1040749.JPG

Peace.

Hello growers.

This update is about my Strawberry Banana Grape clone, the first clone I've ever tried to grow.

I took this cutting in mid-March and I've been scratching my head about it every since.

I didn't know where or even if to top it. (I ended up just cutting some of the top at no particular spot.)

I don't know how long to keep it in flower.

Her mother stretched quite a bit after being flipped. So I doubt that I can flip this one in it's current tent, which is only 48 inches tall. (The clone currently stands 33 inches high.)

Even if I could flip it, to me it looks to scrawny to support any substantial buds.

Perhaps @Bill284 can help me along because I'm feeling kind of clueless. (Which is not necessarily a bad thing. That only means that when I receive some guidance, I'll be learning something new!)

I've been feeding her 5g of Mega Crop and looking at her. That (and cutting a piece off the top) is all I have done.

P1040749.JPG

Peace.
Hello sir how are you doing. Your clone looks like its light source has been a little lacking. But healthy otherwise. What is your goal ? Do you just want to top and put into flower. Or do you want to do some thing more to her?

Beautiful, she sure is holding a lot of sticky.

*Don‘t rub your eyes while trimming
Thanks, Nev. I'll be sure to remember that. :laughtwo:

Congrats on another great looking harvest Gdb!

I’m with bill, top that ladies main stem right above where those secondary branches are and get that light a bit closer to try to get those nodes to tighten up a bit.

Hello sir how are you doing. Your clone looks like its light source has been a little lacking. But healthy otherwise. What is your goal ? Do you just want to top and put into flower. Or do you want to do some thing more to her?
Thanks for responding, Bill! I've been on your thread and saw that you had about 2000 or so clones going, so I figured you could help me out. :laughtwo:

I just want to flip and flower, nothing more than that (baby steps).

Congrats on another great looking harvest Gdb!

I’m with bill, top that ladies main stem right above where those secondary branches are and get that light a bit closer to try to get those nodes to tighten up a bit.
Thanks @N420.

I am not afraid to show my dooficity. Which branches are secondary? They all look secondary to me!

Thanks for responding, Bill! I've been on your thread and saw that you had about 200o0 or so clones going, so I figured you could help me out. :laughtwo:

If that were mine (which it isn't) lol, I'd probably chop it way down to it's 4th or 5th node , and cut back whatever branches are left at the top by about 1/2 or more.....give it a nice christmas tree look.
InkedP1040749_LI.jpg
Then I'd give it a large dose of silica with it's next feeding. Give it a few days to recover then crank that light up to about 60-70k lux and flip. Increase MC .5 in about 2 weeks and get some other flower booster in there.
That's just what I would do, I'm sure there will be lots of ways to proceed and lots of opinions ;)

Thanks for responding, Bill! I've been on your thread and saw that you had about 2000 or so clones going, so I figured you could help me out. :laughtwo:

There is no big secret my friend. I top my ladies young grow 2 mains and bend them over.
I'd just cut her where appropriate for your flower tent.
If you have 5 ' say if you cut her24" high gives you 24" for the stretch and 12" away from the light. Do your measurements and pick a spot on her and take main stem off. The parts removed will give you few branches to practice more clones on.
This girl will have the same attributes as her mom. So how ever long it took mom it'll be te same for her. Hope that's helpful.
Any other questions or problems I'm just a click away any time.
Bill

Does that give enough room to stretch without getting into the light?
It looks a little high.
No, not in this tent. But I'm in the process of harvesting my 5x5 tent and I can put in it there within a week or so. That tent is about 6 feet tall and could handle her size.

BTW, I am the one that's a little high! :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom