Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hello grow lovers!

The Auto Grow on Day 76 has an interesting variety of buds.

Smoothie Bud(s)
The buds on both plants look the same so I'm only posting a single pic. They are squat chunky buds.
Smoothie bud 1-28-22 D76.JPG

Alaskan Purple
Way different from the Smoothies, these buds are not a dense but are a bit larger.
Alaskan Purple bud 1-28-22 D76.JPG

Black Cream
These little buds look odd to me but they are as stinky as can be.
Black Cream bud 1-28-22 D76.JPG

weird Purple
She's growing what appear to be multi-headed buds that I've been calling hydras. I had nothing to do with bringing them about. It's just the plant doing its own thing!
weird Purple bud 1-28-22 D76.jpg

They all look different and I'm counting down to when I'll be able to taste the differences! :Rasta:

Peace.
Niccccce

Sweet looking buds, GDB!
I was hoping you'd get a little color from the weird Purple.:straightface:

Hello growers.

With the THC Bomb nearly done it's time to start planning what's next for the 4x4. And with my new commitment to grow fewer and smaller (shorter) plants I'll need to change the line-up that I had proposed earlier.

All of those plants are sativa dominant hybrids. I'm not ready to take on trying to keep them short, not yet anyway. So to make things a little easier I'm going to grow indica dominant strains, all still from @Weed Seeds Express.

StrainTHC RatingTypeFlowering Period (in days)Expected Height
Black Domina20%95% indica633-4 ft.
Pinkman Goo18%80% indica773-4 ft.
Grape Ape21%80% indica633-4 ft.

My goal will be to keep them all at the low end of the height estimates. Three footers, or even shorter, would be ideal.

I also want to get some shot glasses in which to soak my seeds (a lame attempt to up my germination game).
I've been to about 6 different Dollar Stores and none of them had shot glasses! (My guess is that most Dollar Store customers don't drink shots. :laughtwo: )

I ordered some from the Space guy today and they'll be here shortly.

I had also said I was going to use 3 gallon pots in the 4x4, but now I'm leaning toward using 4 gallon pots.

And that's the new "plan." The grow will still be called "The Express Grow" and will appear in this thread.

I hope you can join me when I get things going!

Peace.
Sal's(salvation army) for shot glasses. Buck a piece and maybe some fun ones.
Hello grow lovers!

The Auto Grow on Day 76 has an interesting variety of buds.

Smoothie Bud(s)
The buds on both plants look the same so I'm only posting a single pic. They are squat chunky buds.
Smoothie bud 1-28-22 D76.JPG

Alaskan Purple
Way different from the Smoothies, these buds are not a dense but are a bit larger.
Alaskan Purple bud 1-28-22 D76.JPG

Black Cream
These little buds look odd to me but they are as stinky as can be.
Black Cream bud 1-28-22 D76.JPG

weird Purple
She's growing what appear to be multi-headed buds that I've been calling hydras. I had nothing to do with bringing them about. It's just the plant doing its own thing!
weird Purple bud 1-28-22 D76.jpg

They all look different and I'm counting down to when I'll be able to taste the differences! :Rasta:

Peace.
Sometimes I wish I was a bug and could get all in there! Well once just then. :bong: Beautiful man!

Beautiful, man :yummy:

Thanks guys! I appreciate the thoughts! :Rasta:
Sweet looking buds, GDB!
I was hoping you'd get a little color from the weird Purple.
Thanks MrC.

When I've been tending to them I've mostly stuck with Prince music in the background, to no avail! :Rasta:
Sometimes I wish I was a bug and could get all in there! Well once just then. :bong: Beautiful man!
I would have to spray you! :laughtwo:

Thanks for the compliment, Stone.

Your weird Purple looks amazing. Those buds are seriously chonky.

Your weird Purple looks amazing. Those buds are seriously chonky.
Thanks, HG!

Both of the purples seem behind the others so they'll be around for a while.

Hello growers and Happy Saturday!

I was sitting here this morning cruising the mag when I got a text message from the Space guy's company saying my shot glasses are ready for pick-up! I thought, that must mean the the Alien Rock Candy on Day 73 must be ready to come down! Why else would the Cannagods be signaling me that it's time to drop some seeds?

So I chopped of a bud from near her top and scoped it.
ARC trich II 1-29-22 D73.jpg

ARC trich I 1-12-22 Flip 56.jpg

Clearly she could go a little longer, but she's close enough for me. One might even say that my mind was already made up! :Rasta:

And I'm really pleased to have seen no evidence of bugs on this plant (thought I'm sure it has a few).

I'll be taking her down within the next day or so. And I'll scrub the tent and drop the seeds (in new shot glasses!) for the Express Grow!:yahoo:

In another matter, The Original Glue that I took down on the 20th had a little larf on it. I quick dried it in foil on a sunny window sill and then stuck it in a jar. A little larf makes for some great test buddage!
IMG_4125.jpg

I smoked some last night and, wow, it's straight jet fuel already!

This plant tastes wonderful, like some of the rare "good" weed that I infrequently stumbled across in my youth. And it produced an intense high that had me fully inattentive to what was going on around me! And then it made me hungry as all get out. Luckily I had some leftover baked chicken in the fridge and some sub rolls. I scarfed down a chicken sub sandwich and followed that up with a few packs of peanut butter crackers.

It was just like the old days! :ganjamon:

Peace.

Hello growers and Happy Saturday!

I was sitting here this morning cruising the mag when I got a text message from the Space guy's company saying my shot glasses are ready for pick-up! I thought, that must mean the the Alien Rock Candy on Day 73 must be ready to come down! Why else would the Cannagods be signaling me that it's time to drop some seeds?

So I chopped of a bud from near her top and scoped it.
ARC trich II 1-29-22 D73.jpg

ARC trich I 1-12-22 Flip 56.jpg

Clearly she could go a little longer, but she's close enough for me. One might even say that my mind was already made up! :Rasta:

And I'm really pleased to have seen no evidence of bugs on this plant (thought I'm sure it has a few).

I'll be taking her down within the next day or so. And I'll scrub the tent and drop the seeds (in new shot glasses!) for the Express Grow!:yahoo:

In another matter, The Original Glue that I took down on the 20th had a little larf on it. I quick dried it in foil on a sunny window sill and then stuck it in a jar. A little larf makes for some great test buddage!
IMG_4125.jpg

I smoked some last night and, wow, it's straight jet fuel already!

This plant tastes wonderful, like some of the rare "good" weed that I infrequently stumbled across in my youth. And it produced an intense high that had me fully inattentive to what was going on around me! And then it made me hungry as all get out. Luckily I had some leftover baked chicken in the fridge and some sub rolls. I scarfed down a chicken sub sandwich and followed that up with a few packs of peanut butter crackers.

It was just like the old days! :ganjamon:

Peace.
Lmao

Awesome stuff mate. Was fun to catch up. As always a great combination of grow show and comedy. I was looking through the indica dominant strains on WSE earlier today and that line up of yours looks good.
Thanks, Vet!

And thanks for stopping by!

For me, these WSE seeds have been hard to tame. I'm looking forward to the challenge of keeping them down a little.

I've mostly stuck with Prince music in the background, to no avail!
So after the Purple Rain hit her with some 60’s Purple Haze and finish her off with anything from Deep Purple. That should do it.

Like the old days, but without the seed burns in your t shirt.
And those seeds filled 3/8 of your ten dollar bag for no extra charge and even grew where you didn’t want them too.:rofl: It may not have been as potent but you got a lot for a little.

So after the Purple Rain hit her with some 60’s Purple Haze and finish her off with anything from Deep Purple. That should do it.
Smoke on the Water might just do the trick! Thanks, Nev.:theband:
And those seeds filled 3/8 of your ten dollar bag for no extra charge and even grew where you didn’t want them too.:rofl: It may not have been as potent but you got a lot for a little.
They seemed to grow anywhere you threw them! :Rasta:

Hello growers.

There was a MISTAKE in one of my recent posts when I said this:
I was sitting here this morning cruising the mag when I got a text message from the Space guy's company saying my shot glasses are ready for pick-up! I thought, that must mean the the Alien Rock Candy on Day 73 must be ready to come down!
The mistake being that the Alien Rock Candy was taken down already. The THC Bomb is the last plant standing in the 4x4.

I take this as an example of how smoking weed can help one overcome short-term memory loss! :Rasta:

Now on to the update.

The Freebie + 1 Grow on Flip 73 is done! The last-plant-standing THC Bomb spent 143 days above the soil.

She was really smelly and really sticky, a good sign! She was heavy too, coming in at 649g wet (150g more than the recently chopped Alien Rock Candy, if I remember correctly :laughtwo: ).
THC Bomb end 1-29-22 Day 73.JPG

And beneath all of those ugly leaves were some fairly attractive buds!
THC Bomb bud end 1-29-22 D 73.JPG

I tripped the Lazymeter taking her down and now I don't feel like washing her. She'll spend the night in a brown paper bag and get washed tomorrow.

Now I have an empty 4x4 tent, seeds-in-waiting, new shot glasses and a burning desire to get going. :Rasta:

Shit might be messed up all over the world right now, but at least life in my little world is quite comforting!

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom