I was watering Godzilla this morning, and I noticed a leaf that had a brown tip on the far side of the plant. It seemed weird, because I hadn't noticed any brown tips when I had looked at that side earlier.
I went over to that side and all the leaves were green. So I flipped them over, and sure enough...
I wonder what those would have been?

Moth eggs?
Certainly looks like them. Makes sense as they appeared overnight as well.
They're gone now though, and I'll be spraying the plants with BTK this evening. I've got it mixed up and waiting.
I saw a cabbage looper landing on them yesterday. I didn't find any eggs then, but I figured better safe than sorry.

I was watering Godzilla this morning, and I noticed a leaf that had a brown tip on the far side of the plant. It seemed weird, because I hadn't noticed any brown tips when I had looked at that side earlier.
I went over to that side and all the leaves were green. So I flipped them over, and sure enough...
Damn! Let go my eggo! 😬

That is a great pic.

Damn, Mel- Good catch!... makes me want to go out and look things over a bit closer...👀
...mine are getting their BTK shower tonight too.. 👍

I used to concentrate on spraying the undersides of the leaves, then it occurred to me- the caterpillar eats both sides of the leaf, so it doesn't really matter if the BTK is on the top, or the bottom...cut my workload in half, right there...😁

I went out to get pics early today, as they're predicting thunderstorms.

Gorilla Glue #4

Godzilla Glue #4

Disaster around every corner🤬
Just a little hiccup. It's the clusters of egg you don't find that are the real problem.
Damn! Let go my eggo! 😬
They won't be munching on anything now!
That is a great pic.
Thanks Tra!
There so is!

I used to really resent the price of an ounce until I learned how much work goes into every good ounce we grow.
Very true.
Damn, Mel- Good catch!... makes me want to go out and look things over a bit closer...👀
...mine are getting their BTK shower tonight too.. 👍

I used to concentrate on spraying the undersides of the leaves, then it occurred to me- the caterpillar eats both sides of the leaf, so it doesn't really matter if the BTK is on the top, or the bottom...cut my workload in half, right there...😁
Thanks Carcass!
I never really put any thought into it, but you're right. I'll have to keep track of how much it takes to completely treat each plant. No sense making up more spray than necessary. I emptied the bottle on them this time.

Maybe I should have waited to take pics!
My neighbour is finally taking out the tree that blocks the morning light from the yard!
The main part of it just came down. So, looks like we'll be working on the fence this Autumn.
This makes me want to risk a few autos outdoors next summer.

Maybe I should have waited to take pics!
My neighbour is finally taking out the tree that blocks the morning light from the yard!
The main part of it just came down. So, looks like we'll be working on the fence this Autumn.
This makes me want to risk a few autos outdoors next summer.
Good for you, Mel.

Wish my neighbors would do the same. :straightface:

Hmm. I just had a thought. That tree coming down will increase the hours of direct light my plants get by hours. Up until now they've been in shade until about 10:30 or 11.
Now, they should be in the sun by 9 at the latest. I hope this doesn't freak them out.

Good for you, Mel.

Wish my neighbors would do the same. :straightface:
It was letting her son know about the fence that did it.
I think he didn't want to be responsible for any repairs.

Hmm. I just had a thought. That tree coming down will increase the hours of direct light my plants get by hours. Up until now they've been in shade until about 10:30 or 11.
Now, they should be in the sun by 9 at the latest. I hope this doesn't freak them out.
It shouldn't, it's still daylight before the full sun. :)

Back
Top Bottom