Girl Scout Cookies Photoperiod in Coco

Just looking at your buds caused me to forget what I was going to say as well. I think I got a contact high looking at the pics, talk about potent.

Very nice looking buds ! Too many people stop their journals soon after harvest, forgetting that the cure process (and time) are very important. I wonder how those buds will be after 3 months of cure. (if they last that long)

Just looking at your buds caused me to forget what I was going to say as well. I think I got a contact high looking at the pics, talk about potent.

Very nice looking buds ! Too many people stop their journals too soon after harvest, forgetting that the cure process (and time) are very important. I wonder how those buds will be after 3 months of cure. (if they last that long)
Cheers @OG Sinse - they are in the bottom of the fridge now, 10°C/50f exactly 60% RH
I am using 4x 50g HumiSmart packs in the box to keep it steady
They will stay there until next harvest, 12 weeks or so
Happy days :ganjamon:

Cheers @OG Sinse - they are in the bottom of the fridge now, 10°C/50f exactly 60% RH
I am using 4x 50g HumiSmart packs in the box to keep it steady
They will stay there until next harvest, 12 weeks or so
Happy days :ganjamon:

I love these forums, you learn something new all the time. This is the first Ive heard of using a fridge to cure buds and I'll read up on it. My buds are very large and moist even after 10 days or more drying ( 60 RH 68 f).. I'm always worried about mold getting deep into my buds after being jarred. (burping daily of course)

As far as the Boveda packs, I try not to use them to remove moisture, I like to use them later in cure just to stabilize the RH. I've noticed I lose a lot of terpenes (the good odors) using the RH packs too soon... Its not my imagination either, I did a jar with and without RH packs and it was night and day. The jar with packs was almost odorless, the jar without packs smelled strongly. (in a good way)...

I love these forums, you learn something new all the time. This is the first Ive heard of using a fridge to cure buds and I'll read up on it. My buds are very large and moist even after 10 days or more drying ( 60 RH 68 f).. I'm always worried about mold getting deep into my buds after being jarred. (burping daily of course)

As far as the Boveda packs, I try not to use them to remove moisture, I like to use them later in cure just to stabilize the RH. I've noticed I lose a lot of terpenes (the good odors) using the RH packs too soon... Its not my imagination either, I did a jar with and without RH packs and it was night and day. The jar with packs was almost odorless, the jar without packs smelled strongly. (in a good way)...
Good info.

Good thought, I'll take out the packs
Had great success with the blue Dream tho

Its a tough call, while you may lose some terpenes using RH packs early, they really do stop mold in its track..

I think they rob a lot of the odor from your buds, but not all of it. I have a jar of Northern Lights now that I did use RH packs early and the buds have a very pleasant Northern Lights smell with a slight hay odor. (it still smells great and the buds potency is great. ) My second jar of Northern Lights without RH packs lights the room up with strong odor as soon as I open the jar... Same plant, same harvest.

I'm not the first to notice this either, many others have said the same. But again, as I say, without using RH packs you do risk mold if your buds are too wet in the jar...There is nothing worse than losing your hard earned harvest to mold!

Its a tough call, while you may lose some terpenes using RH packs early, they really do stop mold in its track..

I think they rob a lot of the odor from your buds, but not all of it. I have a jar of Northern Lights now that I did use RH packs early and the buds have a very pleasant Northern Lights smell with a slight hay odor. (it still smells great and the buds potency is great. ) My second jar of Northern Lights without RH packs lights the room up with strong odor as soon as I open the jar... Same plant, same harvest.

I'm not the first to notice this either, many others have said the same. But again, as I say, without using RH packs you do risk mold if your buds are too wet in the jar...There is nothing worse than losing your hard earned harvest to mold!
I learn something from you guys every day. 😊 thanks

i bought a bunch of rh packs when i didn't have much experience with drying/curing and burping jars but when you understand the bud is always drawing moisture from the inside to the outside of the bud and you learn how to burp jars when needed then rh packs aren't really needed.

i bought a bunch of rh packs when i didn't have much experience with drying/curing and burping jars but when you understand the bud is always drawing moisture from the inside to the outside of the bud and you learn how to burp jars when needed then rh packs aren't really needed.

I agree, I've cured quite a few times using the old dry, jar, burp technique being careful to monitor the humidity in the jars... This was by far the best way to go, without using RH packs at all...

After a month or so (with the buds RH in jar around 60 RH give or take), I toss a RH pack in for long storage and to make up for opening the jar often. They only seem to cause a major loss in terpenes and odor if used early in the cure process.

Ok, I'll shut up now. Sorry OP for blabbing all over your grow journal !

Stinky fridge time again :ganjamon:

Fridge to cure? - haven't heard about that yet! What's about it, does it realy work?
I thought most biological activity stops below 50F...🤔

...sorry for aksing, but I'm oldschool and was out of business for years. To my times we called it "fermentation" if we put it in glasses to mature. - I learned alreday about that temp and humidity thing during curing and that we call it now cure and not fermentation anymore...🤫😂

Fridge to cure? - haven't heard about that yet! What's about it, does it realy work?
I thought most biological activity stops below 50F...🤔

...sorry for aksing, but I'm oldschool and was out of business for years. To my times we called it "fermentation" if we put it in glasses to mature. - I learned alreday about that temp and humidity thing during curing and that we call it now cure and not fermentation anymore...🤫😂
Hey Mate - yeah, once it's hung dry for a few days [dry to touch on the outside, but not crunchy] I bung it in an airtight plastic pot in the fridge
A layer of kitchen towel can absorb any excess moisture til you get to 50-60%

Hey Mate - yeah, once it's hung dry for a few days [dry to touch on the outside, but not crunchy] I bung it in an airtight plastic pot in the fridge
A layer of kitchen towel can absorb any excess moisture til you get to 50-60%
and that helps to save the terpens or what is the benefit of this method?

and that helps to save the terpens or what is the benefit of this method?
Yes, it preserves flavour and texture
Once the buds have hung and the risk of mould has passed, fridge keeps the cure slow and they will still smell fresh
I put my bud in jars after about 12 weeks, roughly when a new harvest is ready :cool:

Yes, it preserves flavour and texture
Once the buds have hung and the risk of mould has passed, fridge keeps the cure slow and they will still smell fresh
I put my bud in jars after about 12 weeks, roughly when a new harvest is ready :cool:
thank you bro! sounds great, will give it a try - sounds great!
Any special temp the fridge should be set to? And from time to time you let some fresh air in the boxes, right?
Your 12 weeks sounds very familar to my oldschool method to get to perfect weed. - but honestly I never could wait that long.... 😂 :ganjamon:

thank you bro! sounds great, will give it a try - sounds great!
Any special temp the fridge should be set to? And from time to time you let some fresh air in the boxes, right?
Your 12 weeks sounds very familar to my oldschool method to get to perfect weed. - but honestly I never could wait that long.... 😂 :ganjamon:
The gadget in my fridge says 10°C/50f
Fuck yeah, open up that box and take a deep breath after 3 months :cool:

@OG Sinse - pic of same bud cured

It is already a very nice smoke
:hookah:

An absolutely amazing work of art ! Beautiful ! I'm a sucker for green and orange, by far my favorite colors for cannabis. You can take your blues, blacks, and purples, I love'm green and orange.. (red and green must not be seen, but I disagree when it comes to buds.)

What I was hoping for was a picture taken of the Cola at harvest, and then the same bud after cure, but I'm happy you still honored my request...I'll try to do one my next grow.

Hows the potency/high?

Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom