GDB: A Sponsored Grow

reducing the interval between feeds to 12 days.
I may try going a little shorter intervals on my GF feeding. I’ve just had my #1 healthiest girl start getting rust spots on a few leaves and I’m struggling trying to find a cure. Your plants are looking exceptionally nice. Like alway unless those mites interrupt the show.

I may try going a little shorter intervals on my GF feeding. I’ve just had my #1 healthiest girl start getting rust spots on a few leaves and I’m struggling trying to find a cure. Your plants are looking exceptionally nice. Like alway unless those mites interrupt the show.
Thanks, Nev.

Are you letting your medium get too dry? I think that's a no-no with GF.

Perfection personified!
I'm easy too- I second that^^^

Plants are looking exceptional, GDB!
I was going to try the 12 day GF feeding interval also, but I screwed the math up (imagine that...) and went the full 14 days.

Hello growers.

It's day 60 for the group and they're about to be sent to Flip City.

The GF-CB got her first top-feed of Bloom yesterday. I'll use the next day or so to clean up their bottoms and then flip them on Friday.

The MC-CB has stretched up past all the other plants. It was fun to watch as she caught and then passed the two larger plants in height. Didn't see that coming!
MC-CB D59.JPG

Here's the group (repositioned):
MC-CB back left, GOG back right, GDB front left, GF-CB front right
Tent 5-12-21 D60.JPG

Peace.

Are you letting your medium get too dry?
No that’s the one thing I seem to now have under control. They have definitely picked up on their drinking. Swing by and have a peek.

233E29FC-0198-4A45-AEAC-024FEF2D83C5.jpeg

No that’s the one thing I seem to now have under control. They have definitely picked up on their drinking. Swing by and have a peek.

233E29FC-0198-4A45-AEAC-024FEF2D83C5.jpeg
Be there shortly, Nev!

Hello growers.

Let me clear up something. My post from earlier today was actually yesterday's post, but after typing it yesterday I forgot to hit the post reply button.

So this is day 61 for the group. I had planned on flipping them tomorrow but I'm going to wait a few more days. Today, I'm pulling out the Charmin and all will get a clean bottom. No funny business yet from the Geoflora-fed CB plant. I think that the dose of Recharge in the off week between Veg to Bloom nutes helps the transition. And while she is still much shorter than her tentmates, she has come up substantially over the past week or so.

The @Mars Hydro TS3000 has got 'em and is lighting 'em up!
Tent 5-13-21 D61.JPG

MC-CB back left / GOG back right / GDB front left / GF-CB front right
Tent III 5-13-21 D61.JPG

Now if I may, I'd like to ramble a bit about where I am and where I'm going with this hobby.

I've got a huge bin of used FFOF (with perhaps a little used Promix HP mixed in). To date, I've only used a tiny bit of it for starting seedlings. I'm reluctant to use 100% used for a start-to-finish grow because in my mind something has to have been depleted during its initial use.

At the same time, I have a friend who grows exclusively in LOS, and he keeps mucking up his grows. It's become so predictable, he'll be growing one month and then the next month I get a call from him saying he's got to start over because he killed all of his plants. The first time it was his light was too low. The second time some tea he had brewed and fed them burned them up. And the last time, he had tried some sort of layered soil creation and unwittingly created a barrier layer that did nothing but kill roots. He's a vegan and is hell-bent on growing organically. I've been unable to convince him to try Mega Crop, which he dismisses as "salt-based."

It's kinda' sad and I'd like to help him, but I need to learn how.

So I will be delving into LOS and my big bin of used FFOF will play a big role!

So far I've ordered the following stuff:

True Living Organics - the bible by The Rev.
Kelp Meal by Dr. Earth
Organic Worm Castings by Dirtco
Mycorrhizal Fungi Water-in Concentrate by Big Foot
Cow poop by Black Kow
Bone Meal by Sta-Green
Organic Soil by Harvest Organics
Root Ruckus (Organic Liquid Compost) by GS Plant Foods

Common sense would seem to dictate waiting on the TLO book to arrive (and reading it) before buying the other stuff. But that would slow me down! :laughtwo:

I am not abandoning Mega Crop or GeoFlora nutrients. I'd just like to put another skill in the set and be able to help my vegan friend. I'm completely in the dark when it comes to LOS concepts and that's kind of the way I like it. Learning new stuff!

Thanks for tolerating my rambling, and thanks for stopping by.

Peace.

My only suggestion is to rinse the old MC nutes out of the used FF soil before you mix up your new LOS.

And why doesn't your buddy just grow with GeoFlora?

Plants look great for a change! :cheesygrinsmiley:
I told him about GF and he got some. He's using it on his current grow of Fruity Pebbles that he just started about 2 weeks ago. I hope it works out for him.

As he considers himself "smart", he doesn't like to ask questions. When I first met him a few years back he kept mentioning the fact that he was a lawyer. I later found out that he went to law school, but never passed any bar except the ones that line the streets of downtown.

Still he's a nice dude that likes to get high. So he's alright in my book! :Rasta:

Plants look great for a change! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Nothing changes on 420. :rofl:

I can totally understand you wanting to try your hand at a LOS grow but like myself I think your friend should 1st learn how to use GF in a grow and make it work.

Upon my 1st view those were my thoughts exactly.
:green_heart:
Thanks, Nev -- I think. :laughtwo:

Thanks, Nev -- I think.
Your plants are always Marvelous GDB.

On a side note a quiz for you. I’ve seen one photo of yours with a specific piece in the background and I’ve also heard you have another piece to go with it. o_O Now today’s obit. 1932-2021 Bob Koester. How did this man touch your life in conjunction with your picture and the accompanied piece?"…… I’ll just wait over on the couch. :peace:

Your plants are always Marvelous GDB.

On a side note a quiz for you. I’ve seen one photo of yours with a specific piece in the background and I’ve also heard you have another piece to go with it. o_O Now today’s obit. 1932-2021 Bob Koester. How did this man touch your life in conjunction with your picture and the accompanied piece?"…… I’ll just wait over on the couch. :peace:
LMAO, Nev.

He touched my life by dying a short while before that newspaper was published! :laughtwo:

He touched my life by dying a short while before that newspaper was published!
Hahaha your talking about your trim jail newspaper. :reading420magazine: This guy was legit. Any good bass player with any inspiration would recognize the name. I didn’t but then I’m not a bass player. I had saw a picture of yours with an old Fender amp in it and pictures on the wall that could have been jazz musicians, don’t know why but I thought of you when I read the story. :theband:

Bob Koester founded America’s oldest continuously operated independent record label, Delmark Records, in St. Louis in 1953. Koester’s vaunted status in the blues and jazz world came not only from the many historic albums he produced for Delmark, but also from the services he provided as owner of Chicago’s Jazz Record Mart. He was a mentor and tour guide to countless blues fans and future industry professionals, and an endless fount of information on record and film history.

Born October 10, 1932, in Wichita, Kansas, Robert G. Koester began buying jazz and blues 78s as a teenager, and by the time he was in college in St. Louis, he was ready to start recording traditional performers in both genres for his label, initially called Delmar (after a local street that was rich in musical history). Koester moved to Chicago in 1958 to take over Seymour’s Record Mart, which soon became the Jazz Record Mart, a fabled hangout for musicians and fans as well as a training ground for employees who later started labels of their own, including Bruce Iglauer (Alligator) and Michael Frank (Earwig). While Delmark’s initial blues releases featured older artists such as Big Joe Williams, Speckled Red, and Sleepy John Estes, Koester broke new ground in the 1960s by recording albums by Chicago blues bands (Junior Wells, Magic Sam, Jimmy Dawkins, Luther Allison, and many more to follow) as well as the avant-garde jazz of the AACM.

Hello grow gang.

As it was earlier today, it's still day 61 for the group.

All got a haircut tonight in prep for flipping one day soon. All of them except the GF-CB have some outer branches left on that will be gone tomorrow when I take cuttings. But other than that, they're prepped for flip.

Some before and after pics: (Sorry they're a little out of focus. Gummied up focus tools.) :Rasta:

MC-CB before:
mc-db before cut 5-13-21.JPG

MC_CB after:
mc-db after cut 5-13-21.JPG

------------------------------------------------------

GDB before:
gdb before cut 5-13-21 .JPG

GDB after:
gdb after cut 5-`3-21.JPG

-----------------------------------------------------

GF-CB before:
gf-cb before cut 5-13-21.JPG

GF-CB after:
gf-cb after cut 5-13-21.JPG

-------------------------------------------------------

GOG before:
gog before cut 5-13-21.JPG

GOG after:
gog after cut 5-13-21.JPG

The final cut for clones is tomorrow. I want to see the difference between taking cuttings before flip rather than after.

Peace.

Hahaha your talking about your trim jail newspaper. :reading420magazine: This guy was legit. Any good bass player with any inspiration would recognize the name. I didn’t but then I’m not a bass player. I had saw a picture of yours with an old Fender amp in it and pictures on the wall that could have been jazz musicians, don’t know why but I thought of you when I read the story. :theband:

Bob Koester founded America’s oldest continuously operated independent record label, Delmark Records, in St. Louis in 1953. Koester’s vaunted status in the blues and jazz world came not only from the many historic albums he produced for Delmark, but also from the services he provided as owner of Chicago’s Jazz Record Mart. He was a mentor and tour guide to countless blues fans and future industry professionals, and an endless fount of information on record and film history.

Born October 10, 1932, in Wichita, Kansas, Robert G. Koester began buying jazz and blues 78s as a teenager, and by the time he was in college in St. Louis, he was ready to start recording traditional performers in both genres for his label, initially called Delmar (after a local street that was rich in musical history). Koester moved to Chicago in 1958 to take over Seymour’s Record Mart, which soon became the Jazz Record Mart, a fabled hangout for musicians and fans as well as a training ground for employees who later started labels of their own, including Bruce Iglauer (Alligator) and Michael Frank (Earwig). While Delmark’s initial blues releases featured older artists such as Big Joe Williams, Speckled Red, and Sleepy John Estes, Koester broke new ground in the 1960s by recording albums by Chicago blues bands (Junior Wells, Magic Sam, Jimmy Dawkins, Luther Allison, and many more to follow) as well as the avant-garde jazz of the AACM.
Thanks Nev.

I seldom read the obits unless I'm looking for someone in particular.

I have a recurring nightmare about reading it one day and seeing my own picture. And then, I don't remember anything else! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom