GanjaGrandaddy Grows Great Ganja, Sometimes!

Fixed it for you

F9288167-E56C-46EF-ACA3-4C82CF6A3990.jpeg
Hahaha. Nice work. My history growing just.since 420 membership has been filled with major floods from above the bed of 200L barrel that fell off its stand and blew the electrics and created a waterfall onto our bed and the ceiling to bow to near collapse, electricity in previous house failing and killing the whole crop after 3 days , so many emergency shutdowns and reset ups halfway through from inspections , planned works , cyclical safety checks ect , have endured some major shit and some damn lucky near misses with PEOPLE in general but it all adds to that naughty boy appeal here and pays for boy toys to keep Mrs GG sane. Lol. Thanks TraLa
Struggling with serious temps today , 31°c !!!!. Thankfully I have a little extra co2 from an "exhale " bag that allows it to cope better with heat. Thankfully I am close enough to the finish that a slow down from the heat wo t really effect much , they will just drink like tramps on white storm and need regular top ups. Lol
Keep smiling and staying safe.

Warm enough for you GG?. I've spent half the day walking around in just my pants and that's British pants and not American pants. The isolation thing has meant that I can keep opening my tent door if it gets too hot. It does stink here a bit though lol.

Thanks budshark. Been forever getting here it feels like. I like the different strains at harvest so I have less chance of tolerance build up. I dont smoke masses but am a daily toker like i would do a cigarette . I dont overload at all and seldom get stoned sadly.lol .
Trying to keep the. Together while they flower is always a challenge but having the slightly different roof height helps put taller girls in the middle if pla need right. being able to have varying light heights is a godsend too with that one. Looking today and getting close up at the back , I found a good few hidden GG#4 Mini mains that had been growing a while below the thicket. They were nice and frosty but needed more light , so thankfully got some tying done and held them up. Similar with its neighbouring black ghost. She has some serious thicket well below the canopy and some nice growth but so desperate for light they are paler. THis is where the strain differences can matter sadly. The nft does have its limits in this area too. Knowing the ghost of was so low and chunky , in coco I could have lifted her to compensate for her very odd start. A little frustrating as her potential is blatantly obvious on close up. Odd strain and i think it is a mutant rather than genetic. Thanks for the positives , keep them Pics coming anytime . I would. love a more community thread here than just a long dull journal. This goes for all reading this too. Please feel free to post pics articles ect... more the merrier for me. Be safe all.
I am not at that level, I try to keep them all the same in the tent, group punishment. Lol I don't smoke, don't like the dry mouth caused by smoking, I have also quit smoking, cold turkeys, 1 and a half months now. I made some infused honey, I like the effect, I can play snooker for hours and keep my concentration on the game. Don't get the dry mouth, it sneaks up on you slowly and is not overpowering. Think I got the dose right, its very enjoyable with a beer.

Hey GGD and everyone. I’ve just listened to this and thought you’d be interested.
Cannabis Cultivation Science podcast.
The are some pretty awful cannabis related podcasts out there. This is one of the best I’ve found with great interviews and lots to interest the craft cultivator.
Around 40min in, GGD, we get to some of the science around leaf removal. I know you’ve been scratching your head about this and so I’m bringing it here.
:smokin:
I hope you’re all good, folks.
Thanks DonkeyDIck, put it in my favourites, they have covered allot of topics will be looking at this. Cheers

Warm enough for you GG?. I've spent half the day walking around in just my pants and that's British pants and not American pants. The isolation thing has meant that I can keep opening my tent door if it gets too hot. It does stink here a bit though lol.
Hey buddy , it is horrible hot.lol
While my kids and family are in the sun worshipping , I am kicking things around me in frustration as it heats up lol. Like one of Harry Enfield grumpy old men.lol
Tanga briefs weather for sure Prof. Heehee. I would terrify my kids in my budgie smugglers!!!. Lol glad I am at the end of this one now though. Heat is not bothering them too much but the rh is getting hard to keep down as too hot with dehumidifier on. Flaps open a little but it stinks in the upper rooms of the house. Lol .
Glad I have few more weeks grace to finish properly though. Hope your all still as sane as prior to this "new normal" ?. Keepnit sane ad safe bud

I am not at that level, I try to keep them all the same in the tent, group punishment. Lol I don't smoke, don't like the dry mouth caused by smoking, I have also quit smoking, cold turkeys, 1 and a half months now. I made some infused honey, I like the effect, I can play snooker for hours and keep my concentration on the game. Don't get the dry mouth, it sneaks up on you slowly and is not overpowering. Think I got the dose right, its very enjoyable with a beer.
Well done mate. I have given up , giving up.lol sounds like fun though in the honey. Did have hash in chocolate when j had to have surgery years back and loved how digesting improved it. Nice solution. I love the idea of a press and rosin but would be a cabbage .lol
Thanks bud

hi Ganjagrandaddy, we will start a giveaway tomorrow, all growers using SP250 can come to participate. If you are interested, welcome to join:green_heart:

Day 53: Woooohoooo nearly done now. The whole grow is mow looking like it is hitting g the ripeneing time. That phase where they look scruffy before the newer white pistils join the browning club. The RH is at 65% but big Bertha is pushing some a serious air constantly. It has damaged some leaf closest to the flow of air but this is not an issue at this late stage. S little stress to make them work so e oils. I did use just the Dragon force with sumo boost in the last refill to give them a final kick of carbs ect. With roughly 10 days to ripened Amber's on the trichromes and a chop down , I will have time to put them back onto a mild feed for finishing the last 3-4 days.
The LOS pots jasmine a major mr watering of 15L in total each that led to the slight water feature in our bedroom but will keep them happy until they finish now too.
Fruity gorilla is pushing new pistils out for a second md time so hopefully will swell a bit more before she finishes ti up her yield. Her buds are sticky and smell so strongly of Zkittelz now. The lowest buds are just as oily and chunky as most of the clusters in the mains now.
C banana is fattening nicely but suffering overcrowding so didn't hit her full potential. She is a dusty lady and smells so fruity banana now with a nice icky sticky feel.
Monster Zkittelz is an unruly little cow bag like my youngest daughter! . Limbs flailing all over the place and covered in stinky nuggets of sweetness !. The sticky /dusty skittles smelling beast is a nice productive girl but has also suffered from not enough stripping out of her lower bits early on. I did take a fair bit out but this strain want to produce more constantly in veg. So good for a scrog grow and supported from it.
LOS #1 Is a smell I definitely know and I would hazard a pineapple strain of some sorts now!!. She is a good bud producer but shorter in stature so more suited to the natural routes.
FFT#5 Has been .mentioned as a cross with WW and something and I can see that by the shape and look of her buds. They are long shaggy looking beauties now and smell.sweet with a diesel hint. Very productive plant all round.
FFT#7 is also shown a shagginess to her colas and besides the obvious sativa genetics , looks similar to #5
She is covered in chunky buds throughout her huge canopy and I am watching for mould with her too. There is a lot of foliage here !!! ( ahem , mr right P9mm).
Wedding cake is also on a fattening out with new pistils run and could be a last out lady based on her colours. She does have a nice sweet cookie smell up close and the frosting is getting thicker.
Black ghost o.g has some worthy mains teetering g on falling over now and her very tops are rock solid to touch too. She has certainly come through where it matters now.
Gorilla Glue #4 looks on point and close to finish too. I haven't got the loupe out to do any checks so far but I get the feeling she could be 1st out. She is looking potent up close and has an appeal all of her own. She looks nothing like any other in the grow now and stands out so well . This is the girl I am most looking forward to doing the Rumba with a d dont thinknshe will be redistributed at all. SHE IS MINE, ALL MINE !!
WIt has been a simple run with no real issues to talk of so far and still not convinced a perpetual journal works for me. Never had such a quiet diary !. Thought some one trumped and cleaed it out at times. Lol
Thanks to the faithful and visitors for sticking this far. Let's hope for an exciting harvest. Here is a photo drop of the ladies today ( 2 set in next post).
20200521_174555.jpg
20200521_174441.jpg
20200521_174338.jpg
20200521_174217.jpg
20200521_174142.jpg
20200521_173053.jpg
20200521_172756.jpg
20200521_172554.jpg
20200521_172339.jpg
onto some more below.....

Looking beauty! :blunt:
Thanks caged. Looking forward to the harvest so much now too. Just before the really got spell hits us too. Relief to not have to panic for a short while but can think of a decent solution to the heat. Thanks for the positives.

I love the way wedding cake is looking
It is an "as described" example of What I hoped too. Looks really like icing sugar more than any other I have grown which more resemble ice crystal.

DAY 55: Wow it was hot in here this morning. The Dehumidifier is eing turned on for the night times and helps keep the temp drop less rapid and brutal. Works great to stop the Rh rising too much but does bring too much heat when the lights are back on. I think in the new set up( using crops profit to get a new tent ) and flooring sorting once and for all. I will be extending the power pack on the sp250 to bring the temps down more for summer.
I took the chance calm to get some close up as possible pics of each bud now. So so close on a good few now. Also a lot of new pistils around on a few too that are again swelling their girth. Trapped until they stop pushing out new fresh pistils . They dont look like foxtailing but do look like flowering buds !. Now is time to loupe these I think and may be a case of tops first !!. Any thoughts welcome here.
20200523_153308.jpg
20200523_153219.jpg
20200523_153130.jpg
20200523_153048.jpg
20200523_152937.jpg
20200523_152836.jpg
20200523_152748.jpg
20200523_152647.jpg
20200523_152540.jpg
20200523_153308.jpg
20200523_153219.jpg
20200523_153130.jpg
20200523_153048.jpg
20200523_152937.jpg
20200523_152836.jpg
20200523_152748.jpg
20200523_152647.jpg
20200523_152540.jpg

Have a great day all.

DAY 55: Wow it was hot in here this morning. The Dehumidifier is eing turned on for the night times and helps keep the temp drop less rapid and brutal. Works great to stop the Rh rising too much but does bring too much heat when the lights are back on. I think in the new set up( using crops profit to get a new tent ) and flooring sorting once and for all. I will be extending the power pack on the sp250 to bring the temps down more for summer.
I took the chance calm to get some close up as possible pics of each bud now. So so close on a good few now. Also a lot of new pistils around on a few too that are again swelling their girth. Trapped until they stop pushing out new fresh pistils . They dont look like foxtailing but do look like flowering buds !. Now is time to loupe these I think and may be a case of tops first !!. Any thoughts welcome here.
20200523_153308.jpg
20200523_153219.jpg
20200523_153130.jpg
20200523_153048.jpg
20200523_152937.jpg
20200523_152836.jpg
20200523_152748.jpg
20200523_152647.jpg
20200523_152540.jpg
20200523_153308.jpg
20200523_153219.jpg
20200523_153130.jpg
20200523_153048.jpg
20200523_152937.jpg
20200523_152836.jpg
20200523_152748.jpg
20200523_152647.jpg
20200523_152540.jpg

Have a great day all.
it's hot here too. I woke up early to change the res in one of my totes and my roommate is sleeping in a bean bag chair underneath the AC unit :rofl:
I'm waiting for some of my babies to show their sex so I've been dusting off ye olde loupe as well. nothing yet.

Very Impressive, If you have been growing like this for long you must really know allot of strains. What was your most memorable success with a strain, could be yield, frost or smoke. Cheeers

GGD that is a beautiful montage of alien landscapes, buddy.
Hot gigiddy gorgeous.
^^ lost for words ;)
Interested in Bud’s question :popcorn:
There doesn’t seem to be much bruising left, or was it the other foot?

it's hot here too. I woke up early to change the res in one of my totes and my roommate is sleeping in a bean bag chair underneath the AC unit :rofl:
I'm waiting for some of my babies to show their sex so I've been dusting off ye olde loupe as well. nothing yet.
Fingers well crossed for you red. Waiting is the hardest thing with all of this.

Very Impressive, If you have been growing like this for long you must really know allot of strains. What was your most memorable success with a strain, could be yield, frost or smoke. Cheeers
Wow now that is asking.lol so.many have been favourites as they went along but for my most memorable from a single strain has to be "super iced grapefruit ". Holy poop that girl ended with a whopping 10oz from being g scrogged . She was an emergency grow . I had a major crop failure due to electricity outage for 2 days ( wiring issue.) It allowed root rot to hit my return to NFT growing and the crop died In less than a week. I had the S.I.G as a mother plant as I did not use seeds as a rule but gave one a pop. I was growing her in a soil decorative planter and decided to at least get her to flower now . I had read about scrog and did a huge net to feed her through. I am sure I made errors along g the way but she ended up covering nearly 5 ft all round !!. Felt like a rescue of a bad situation but took an age
I have to say the last run with autos was enjoyable too. Seeing them go mad like they do was a brilliant education. Too long for lights on though at 18hrs whole grow but gave some beautiful results. thanks for the positive support budshark. Much appreciated. :yahoo: :thanks:

GGD that is a beautiful montage of alien landscapes, buddy.
Hot gigiddy gorgeous.
^^ lost for words ;)
Interested in Bud’s question :popcorn:
There doesn’t seem to be much bruising left, or was it the other foot?
Lol the 2 little toes on my left foot still swollen but not pai full as such. Hurts like a bitch if I bend my pinky though and feels "seperate" .lol just being careful when I an . Will go near the snake oil sales reps once their covid circus calms down.lol
This run is turning up some nice results across the boards for me. Decent sized buds on most and some unique looking GG#4 to look forward to hitting. Bluedreamatic did impress me no end too. Red diesel , laughing buddha and a few of the Barneys farm grows for yield. Hulkberry for the head hit ( hopefully our crosses will be in the same ball park !) . Some of my 1st grows here had breeds for size done and I seldom go with only 1 . I do love the variety and challenges that trying to manage the difference brings. I do think I can lose out on knowing a strain well doing it this way but there are only so many things that can be different and let's face it 10 seeds can all throw a different pheno of their intended strain , lsd has been said to have 9 phenos alone !!. All adds to the waiting and seeing what we get mate. Be good bud. Peace and blessings and I will buy the cannabutter machine off you if you dont need it. Lol good luck buddy.

Back
Top Bottom