They look mighty fine G🥰😊❤️, thats gonna be some great smoke😁
Thanks Gee! I was greeted with a delightful smell of citrus and mint?!!, while snapping those trichome shots on the Elsa (the haze). Only 40+ more days.... :lot-o-toke:

I figured that I'm going to be possibly gone for a day or two that I'd give everyone a little extra reading lol. I wrote a synopsis of this on another members journal talking about the evolution of my feeding regimen but the full version should go here. Also October 30 is my 13 year anniversary on this site haha most inexperienced 13 year member ever 😂.

This is my grow journey over the last year (at least the legal 4, minus the tester grow I did with little pots lol).... cue the inspirational background music :rofl:.

First one I did with the bare minimum Gaia Green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4. I only used CalMag after a bad deficiency showed up. The plants were healthy up until about week three of flower. Azi helped me out and the plants and harvest ended up decent, about 12 oz out of 3 plants.

Second grow was an auto run and I ran into a couple of issues. I amended my pots a little heavier this time, and I started using EWC consistently. I was still doing the 2tbsp/gallon every 2 weeks like Gaia Green recommends. I started getting a serious soil crust with EWC and 10 tbsp of Gaia Green. I again had a bad CalMag deficiency show up in week 3 as well as plants that just looked under fed. Again an ok harvest for 2 autos, 6 oz, but the plants and buds seemed underwhelming and issue after issue popped up.

Third grow was where things started to fall into place. I amended the soil with 4-4-4, EWC and a smidge of 2-8-4 and let cook about 3 weeks before transplant. I started top dressing in the beginning with 10 tbsp (5 Gallon pots) every 2 weeks but stated to get that Gaia crust on top of the soil especially when adding in the EWC. I picked up an overwatering issue and also a really weird pink leaf deal on one plant. Thankfully Carmen, Azi and Gee were able to give me some helpful recommendations and also a couple science lessons. I took Gee's suggestions and started feeding weekly and making sure to till the top of the soil about 1 inch down every time I water. I also started checking the Brix of the leaves and was able to monitor my calcium and overall health of the plant this way. I began to really focus on soil health making sure it was warm enough (which it was not lol) and receiving the proper nutrients to feed not only the plants but the fungi and microbes as well. The plants made a great recovery and rewarded me with my best buds and yield yet. 6ishoz/plant, 12.5oz total.

It brings us to my current grow. My focus for this grow has been consistency and Brix. A few changes I have made in this grow has been the addition of basmati rice into the soil mix, having a consistent maintenance dose of Dolomite water every other watering even in veg, and also dosing fish ferts every other week. Using everything I learned in previous grows and fine tuning what works for me, my plants this grow have really hit the ground running as soon as flower started. There are trichomes coming in thick and the good smells as well. I hope to break my tents PR and get 14 oz this grow.

My current feeding schedule is for 5 gallon pots in flower.
5 tbsp of 2-8-4 Power Bloom, Weekly
2 Cups of EWC, Weekly
5 mL of Neptune's Harvest, bi weekly
40-45 ppm of Dolomite concentrate, every other watering
4 Tbsp of 0-9-0 Mineralized Phosphate, every 3 weeks about 2 times in flower
1/4 teaspoon of Raw Silica 1 week pre flip and every 2 weeks after that because they were a little scraggly under the scrog net.

I truly appreciate all the help I've gotten over the last year. I've found what works for me thanks to 420Mag. I enjoy reading and learning from everyone's journals and I hope maybe you can take something from one of mine someday.

If you made it this far, thank you for reading my grow journal story or scrolling through lol I am a long winded bastard so no worries. Here's a current peak in the tent.
PXL_20241022_004945927.jpg

I figured that I'm going to be possibly gone for a day or two that I'd give everyone a little extra reading lol. I wrote a synopsis of this on another members journal talking about the evolution of my feeding regimen but the full version should go here. Also October 30 is my 13 year anniversary on this site haha most inexperienced 13 year member ever 😂.

This is my grow journey over the last year (at least the legal 4, minus the tester grow I did with little pots lol).... cue the inspirational background music :rofl:.

First one I did with the bare minimum Gaia Green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4. I only used CalMag after a bad deficiency showed up. The plants were healthy up until about week three of flower. Azi helped me out and the plants and harvest ended up decent, about 12 oz out of 3 plants.

Second grow was an auto run and I ran into a couple of issues. I amended my pots a little heavier this time, and I started using EWC consistently. I was still doing the 2tbsp/gallon every 2 weeks like Gaia Green recommends. I started getting a serious soil crust with EWC and 10 tbsp of Gaia Green. I again had a bad CalMag deficiency show up in week 3 as well as plants that just looked under fed. Again an ok harvest for 2 autos, 6 oz, but the plants and buds seemed underwhelming and issue after issue popped up.

Third grow was where things started to fall into place. I amended the soil with 4-4-4, EWC and a smidge of 2-8-4 and let cook about 3 weeks before transplant. I started top dressing in the beginning with 10 tbsp (5 Gallon pots) every 2 weeks but stated to get that Gaia crust on top of the soil especially when adding in the EWC. I picked up an overwatering issue and also a really weird pink leaf deal on one plant. Thankfully Carmen, Azi and Gee were able to give me some helpful recommendations and also a couple science lessons. I took Gee's suggestions and started feeding weekly and making sure to till the top of the soil about 1 inch down every time I water. I also started checking the Brix of the leaves and was able to monitor my calcium and overall health of the plant this way. I began to really focus on soil health making sure it was warm enough (which it was not lol) and receiving the proper nutrients to feed not only the plants but the fungi and microbes as well. The plants made a great recovery and rewarded me with my best buds and yield yet. 6ishoz/plant, 12.5oz total.

It brings us to my current grow. My focus for this grow has been consistency and Brix. A few changes I have made in this grow has been the addition of basmati rice into the soil mix, having a consistent maintenance dose of Dolomite water every other watering even in veg, and also dosing fish ferts every other week. Using everything I learned in previous grows and fine tuning what works for me, my plants this grow have really hit the ground running as soon as flower started. There are trichomes coming in thick and the good smells as well. I hope to break my tents PR and get 14 oz this grow.

My current feeding schedule is for 5 gallon pots in flower.
5 tbsp of 2-8-4 Power Bloom, Weekly
2 Cups of EWC, Weekly
5 mL of Neptune's Harvest, bi weekly
40-45 ppm of Dolomite concentrate, every other watering
4 Tbsp of 0-9-0 Mineralized Phosphate, every 3 weeks about 2 times in flower
1/4 teaspoon of Raw Silica 1 week pre flip and every 2 weeks after that because they were a little scraggly under the scrog net.

I truly appreciate all the help I've gotten over the last year. I've found what works for me thanks to 420Mag. I enjoy reading and learning from everyone's journals and I hope maybe you can take something from one of mine someday.

If you made it this far, thank you for reading my grow journal story or scrolling through lol I am a long winded bastard so no worries. Here's a current peak in the tent.
PXL_20241022_004945927.jpg
Wait? What? You've been here 13 years and your on your 4th grow? I'm Medicated, so maybe I should go back and read it.

By the looks of this grow, I thought you have been growing all along! ❤️

POOF! Mind Blown! 🧨

Wait? What? You've been here 13 years and your on your 4th grow? I'm Medicated, so maybe I should go back and read it.

By the looks of this grow, I thought you have been growing all along! ❤️

POOF! Mind Blown! 🧨

Lol I can't say I was active most of the time but yep 13 years. Let's just say my first year on this site ended in a few tense months, a dumpster full of lights and plants and a compassionate landlord who never asked for my name on a rental agreement so I never lived there 😉 hahaha then I got married and it was all down hill from there... Jk jk shes awesome and was there thru it all. But when your choices affect important people in life you gotta take a step back so I laid low for 11 years haha.

Thanks Gee! I was greeted with a delightful smell of citrus and mint?!!, while snapping those trichome shots on the Elsa (the haze). Only 40+ more days.... :lot-o-toke:
I just realized now that we are both set to harvest around Dec1. We can console each other from our trim-jail cells🤣

Back
Top Bottom