Fools Rush In: Newbie's Adventures In Suboptimal Conditions

Hey Sy, about the bubba Kush - it’s a bit claw like I’ve noticed, in most photos. That makes me wonder if it’s either a bit nitrogen overloaded or too wet. I should also say I had a bubba hash (offspring of BK) that was prone to being a little droopy until it got switched to flower, but yours is more pronounced and more claw-like. I grind the old stone of “are you letting it dry out enough?” ... “really enough?” ;) knowing that it took me a while to really learn just how dry they can get - and thrive as a result. It could be other things of course, and it could also be fine. The colour looks good - just the leaf curl... it’s just something to consider, I think.

In the other grow space, lotsa big nuggets coming your way! :love:

Hey Sy, about the bubba Kush - it’s a bit claw like I’ve noticed, in most photos. That makes me wonder if it’s either a bit nitrogen overloaded or too wet. I should also say I had a bubba hash (offspring of BK) that was prone to being a little droopy until it got switched to flower, but yours is more pronounced and more claw-like.

Thank you Amy! What you say about the Bubba Hash is interesting. I've been sensing that Grub is an "oh not too much please" kind of plant. Early on I kept giving it more light than it wanted, and it became obvious. Early on I also did lean on the N a little too hard. I've since pulled back though. I would say this was in the first month or so.

Regarding the drooping/clawing, I'm glad to say that it went away a little later on. I've been doing a lot of the work on Grub as soon as the lights come on (which is often right after I finish work myself), so maybe that can account for some of the drooping/clawing in the photos.

Here Grub is later on in the day:

IMG_0363.jpeg

And just before lights out this morning:

IMG_0365.jpeg

I grind the old stone of “are you letting it dry out enough?” ... “really enough?” ;) knowing that it took me a while to really learn just how dry they can get - and thrive as a result. It could be other things of course, and it could also be fine. The colour looks good - just the leaf curl... it’s just something to consider, I think.

In the other grow space, lotsa big nuggets coming your way! :love:

I confess that I still weigh (on a scale) the plants every day and know how much each has lost each day, to the gram! :nerd-with-glasses: So I'm very diligent about that one. Probably more than I need to be, but it has become part of my daily check-in ritual with them! I do let them dry out properly (in veg).

Will continue to keep a close eye on things!

Hope you are having a good start to the day, Amy :thanks::Namaste::green_heart:

Nice flat canopy across Grub’s tops. It’s like she’s at one of those posh finishing schools where she has to balance books on her head.
I think it’s amazing that she is giving you strong scents of coffee and chocolate already.
:drool:
What’s she going to be like in flower, I wonder?

Nice flat canopy across Grub’s tops. It’s like she’s at one of those posh finishing schools where she has to balance books on her head.
I think it’s amazing that she is giving you strong scents of coffee and chocolate already.
:drool:
What’s she going to be like in flower, I wonder?

Hahaha thanks DD! Finishing school is right eh.

From all accounts it seems the Bubba Kush is not a big producer. We'll find out!

I guess this was also Katsu's motivation for crossing it with some of the bigger yielders.

:thumb: Oh yes, looks much better there.

Thanks Sy! You too :). I did some life admin this morning and now it feels like Sunday again. Lazy Monday afternoon in store.

Good!! Glad to hear you're taking it easy :Namaste:

#neverforget

Some of you might remember "harvest 0" from the beginning of this journal :laugh:

img_8421-jpg.2146908
c62a2b00-73fd-45e9-ace0-4f86f9af4733-jpeg.2247305

:rofl::high-five::snowboating:
I read in your earlier writing's you discussing your journey here....... dang good to see where it all started from...

Really happy to watch from the sideline bruv.... just as exciting for me as well hehehehe...
I've had visitors staying over all weekend and struggling to find time to sneak into the Land of Chronic but they're leaving soon so i can go sit with the girls, hence watching you harvest today is perfect timing for me.

I read in your earlier writing's you discussing your journey here....... dang good to see where it all started from...

Yeah LOL! I think @DonkeyDick and @Stunger were both here from "my early days" on 420.

Honoured to have all of you as witnesses.

:adore::adore::green_heart:

Sy, you grow very interesting plants - and take great photos! Those shots against the black background
were special. :love:

Dear Felipe! You've been here since day 1 - muchas gracias, amigo! :love::adore:

I've got something special in store for you.. but not to be revealed today. :battingeyelashes:

Today is already.. too much. And not even over yet. LOL!

Congrats on the takedown sy! That was one beautiful plant and the photos do it justice. Great idea taking the fans off in advance as it definitely saves time on the trim. Drive-thru is right, and perfect since we're not going to restaurants yet!

Nice high and tight on Grub too.

Cheers dear Shed! I'm amazed by it all. Holy. Thanks for sticking with me!!

BTW, I thought of you, because I'm impatient to sample some of the larfier buds (again).

I vaguely recall you putting buds into the oven for a quick-dry. Or I think that was you. What kind of temp do you have it on, and for how long?

Great stuff Sy, well done, she developed into a real looker too. I somehow missed some notifications and only just caught up. It's good you have the hygrometers as I found when drying buds without them that I over did it, but last year I went to whole plant drying and that seemed to work a lot better for me, altho it was too hard to do the bud washing.
It'll be great to see how she smokes and what you do from here! :ganjamon:

:yahoo::cheer: Awesome Sy - hope you’re able to take it easy today after a big Monday! Very happy to see a box full of buds there for you :D

I’ll reiterate what Shed said about clipping buds off stems for low and slow in the fridge. It’s going to be slow enough with that method, definitely safer to get the stems out of the equation
:thumb:

I like to put quick dry testers on the light fixture, usually ready to toke in a day or 2. That’s not really instant of course, but still a quickie!

Back
Top Bottom