Fools Rush In: Newbie's Adventures In Suboptimal Conditions

:welldone: All good things going on here...
Thank you Jim! Look forward to watching our plants get to the chop :green_heart:

She looks very happy in there.
I’ll give you an unbiased 9.5/10.
:thumb:
The box looks great too.

Cheers DD! That means a lot coming from you mate!

OK OK I'll practice. "she". sHe. SHE. She.

I'll get it right the next time :laugh:

Unrelated to my grow, has anyone here heard of Linda Chalker-Scott? She's a professor in horticulture at WSU.

Parts of the growing community have really embraced her as a consultant regarding growing myths, what works and what doesn't. I like her nothing-is-sacred approach!

Check out this ridiculous archive of information.

Examples:

1598843411060.png
1598843508188.png

1598843464573.png

Attention: Ultra nerds like me, @MrSauga and @InTheShed - and I'm sure there are more of you. Which one of you has a spreadsheet for growing? @DonkeyDick I see you mate.

Hide your kids, hide your wife!!

Unrelated to my grow, has anyone here heard of Linda Chalker-Scott? She's a professor in horticulture at WSU.

Parts of the growing community have really embraced her as a consultant regarding growing myths, what works and what doesn't. I like her nothing-is-sacred approach!

Examples:

1598843411060.png
1598843508188.png

1598843464573.png

Attention: Ultra nerds like me, @MrSauga and @InTheShed - and I'm sure there are more of you. Which one of you has a spreadsheet for growing? @DonkeyDick I see you mate.

Thank you, I'm learning more already. I love stuff like this.

Nice little link Sye. I'm surprised she hasn't done the most common myth about pH'ing nutes in a buffered medium.
:thanks:

Nah that's Shed's cross to bear! :laugh:

From the topics she covers, it seems she isn't as focused on smaller containerised growing as on outdoor bedded/landscape growing. A pity, but still a lot of good stuff to chew on.

Here’s what Desert looks like in the disco box right now. Steadily getting closer to the top.
Great stuff syenite - SHE looks great! :thumb:

I already have a page bookmarked with all her links on, some useful good reading amongst it.

Alright everyone, she is definitely a "she" :laughtwo:

(because this catastrophising lunatic sometimes doesn't believe good things...)

IMG_9360.jpeg
IMG_9361.jpeg

Thank you for all your reassurances, kind folk!

:Namaste::green_heart::thumb:
:yahoo::woohoo: It's good to see it confirmed...congrats

Alright everyone, she is definitely a "she" :laughtwo:
Congrats on the pistils! Always a big sigh of relief there. Also, well done on the unbiased training evaluation. You can always count on you :).
Excellent find, :thanks:
Nah that's Shed's cross to bear! :laugh:
LOL! I'm going to have to add disclaimers now about high nitrate ferts though... :hmmmm:

Desert, day 10 of 12-12

It's pretty obvious now that the top 2 branches are getting the bulk of the resources. Their growth rate is exceeding the others'. Conversely, the lowest branches have slowed down a lot. Very interesting!

More reason for me to keep the base to 1 primary node next time.

IMG_9366.jpeg

Baby Bubba Kush, day 11 above ground

The second set of serrated leaves are finally being developed. Once those are established, I expect her growth to take off!

IMG_9375.jpeg

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom