First Grow: Sour Diesel, Outdoor 2020

Hairs are turning a deep red... wondering if this a genetic thing or from environment or nutrients? Still havent seen any amber trichomes with the exception of one or two starting to change. There are still some clear ones but it's real close...

Took a picture with flash by accident

20200930_185338.jpg

20200930_185224.jpg
20200930_185248.jpg

20200930_194441.jpg

Well crew...I've seen enough amber and I think I might cut tomorrow morning.. And these live resin joints have been sending me sky high. So I believe it is time?

Please let me know if this looks way too early. I'm going mostly based on trichomes vs pistil color.

20201002_131330_resized.jpg

Lower bud

20201002_131417_resized.jpg

Middle/top bud

20201002_144001.jpg

Full plant

Sorry, been away last couple of days hosting family!

She looks ready when you are. :ganjamon:

Hey syenite! I like that mentality man...she's waiting for me...Man this might sound like some hippie shit but I swear smoking these joints with her trichomes rubbed all over it has connected to me to her plant spirit...It's quite magical actually.

One thing I wonder is that we often regard ourselves as individuals, not as a species. More power, more talent, more clarity, more energy, we divide ourselves that way. With plants we tend to think of them as species. So what if there are certain species of ourselves with more potency and opaqueness? Do plants have personalities? I think when you grow certain plants you take on certain personality qualities from that plant. It lasts a very long time in a very subtle way.

Do all plants have a plant teacher in them? Some people think that only the sacred plants do...

I think all plants do, just some of the spirits, are stronger. So that implies that anytime we take in that plant, we take in that teacher.

Have you noticed how homegrown tastes different than store bought?

What always astonishes me, is where does the information come from....Why do plants have this unique distinction no matter where they are grown? Why is that there?

Happy Friday! :Rasta:

October is here and I am loving the fall season...I hope you are enjoying the cooler weather as well!

Hey syenite! I like that mentality man...she's waiting for me...Man this might sound like some hippie shit but I swear smoking these joints with her trichomes rubbed all over it has connected to me to her plant spirit...It's quite magical actually.

One thing I wonder is that we often regard ourselves as individuals, not as a species. More power, more talent, more clarity, more energy, we divide ourselves that way. With plants we tend to think of them as species...

So what if there are certain species of ourselves...Do plants have personalities?

I think when you grow certain plants you take on certain personality qualities from that plant. It lasts a very long time in a very subtle way.

Do all plants have a plant teacher in them? Some people think that only the sacred plants do...I think all plants do, just some of the spirits, are stronger. So that implies that anytime we take in that plant, we take in that teacher.

What always astonishes me is where the information comes from....Why do plants have this unique distinction no matter where they are grown. Why is that there?

Well...Happy Friday! :Rasta:

October is here and I am loving the fall season...I hope you are enjoying the cooler weather as well!

Absolutely man. Have you heard of epigenetics? It's fascinating.

The plant inherits from both its genetics (spirit/ancestry?) and its environment (including you?), in a way that is impossible to fully define and distinguish.

I've heard that the sunlight in different places carries different kinds of information and the plants respond differently depending on that information in the light!

So many things we don't know yet.

Enjoy fall. It's always beautiful!

We are actually heading the opposite direction towards summer now!

:cheer: :ganjamon::popcorn:

I've heard that the sunlight in different places carries different kinds of information and the plants respond differently depending on that information in the light!

This just blew my mind...I believe this will become a revelation at some point in time. Makes me wonder if that's why some outdoor is so much better than others even if grown exactly the same. This is all hypothetical of course, but it makes sense.

Hope you can deal with the hot temps man. Just remember these plants are ridiculously resilient. Mine lasted multiple 110+ days. It may stunt growth but it certainly won't die if temps get too hot. My plant lived in death valley for a couple days during its lifetime. Lol

Yeah I'll have to find the talk where they discuss the light thing.. it's nuts. ANd amazing.

Lol do you mean the actual Death Valley?? Damn you live near the Emerald Triangle?

Yeah thankfully where I am in New Zealand summer is pretty mild. Doesn't exceed 25C (77F)!

lol it was metaphorically speaking because the temps got so high here. I'm a couple states over from the emerald. Although we have micro climates here similar to NorCal. If you do it right and early enough you could certainly grow 10+ ft bushes with the right regimen here...I've seen it done.

Have you thought more about indoor for the off-season?

Yes...The only issue is I'm broke and have to buy all the equipment. The main reason I did this outdoor is to keep it as simple as possible and grow the best I could on a budget. Spent 10 bones on recharge and 15 For flower girl. That has gotten me through my entire grow. The greenhouse was 30 and the monitor/soil meter was 20. So overall 75 for a nice greenhouse plant is what I spent. And these nutrients would easily last a couple grows. I've hardly used any of them...Also have a bunch of pots and soil to work with.

Will definitely repeat this coming summer.

Would my 3 bathroom CFL lights be sufficient if I pick up a new clone and go straight to flower? That would be my most likely option. Or mount a couple on the dry cabinet...not too much heat?

Damn that cost is very impressive. Respect!

Check out this series of posts that Amy curated for me. It features SweetSue's CFL project(s). Really really cool.

I think you can also easily Google "cfl cannabis growing indoors" and there will be a wealth of information out there!

I think it would be an awesome project regardless of outcome.

I’m remembering you said ‘yes please’ to the links:

Each of those is to a post that talks about CFLs - it follows as she was researching and designing and changing etc.

I thought your setup could really benefit from some at the top to give the plant some downward light so the top leaves could get a bit more going on. You can hang them right in to the canopy so long as you’re carful about leaves touching them - sue has a few tip about that here n there ;) (of course! It’s sue so she’s always looking to save someone else some time and trouble in the future! :love: )

Damn that cost is very impressive. Respect!

Check out this series of posts that Amy curated for me. It features SweetSue's CFL project(s). Really really cool.

I think you can also easily Google "cfl cannabis growing indoors" and there will be a wealth of information out there!

I think it would be an awesome project regardless of outcome.

Wow appreciate that dude. Didn't realize those links were about CFL growing. Might to travel down this road...my room stays around 60 during the day so it might not be an issue. Was even thinking a space heater in the tent...would that cause problems?

Wow appreciate that dude. Didn't realize those links were about CFL growing. Might to travel down this road...my room stays around 60 during the day so it might not be an issue. Was even thinking a space heater in the tent...would that cause problems?

I don't see any problem with having a heater in the tent at all! You'll just have to go through a bit of trial and error to see what light schedule/intensity and what kind of heating etc. works with what's happening in the larger environment. Welcome to indoor :ganjamon:

I don't see any problem with having a heater in the tent at all! You'll just have to go through a bit of trial and error to see what light schedule/intensity and what kind of heating etc. works with what's happening in the larger environment. Welcome to indoor :ganjamon:

Ha yes much more to consider indoor. I like to focus on the basics first and foremost.

Back
Top Bottom