First Grow: Sour Diesel, Outdoor 2020

ohh, now that sounds interesting... what are you going to accomplish by doing that? Does that boost something?

Emilya suggested doing that every 3 out of 4 waterings. Not sure what the exact benefits are other than letting the roots dry out more, thus getting more oxygen for overall health. I have definitely noticed the "perfume plump" whenever it gets thirsty.

Found some spider mites this morning. A bit freaked out because I've seen how fast they spread. Defoliated the leaves that were effected. Wondering if it's too late to do anything or should I just leave it be and harvest early if it gets worse?

20200926_091619.jpg

20200926_084724_resized.jpg

Better to kill the spider mites than to keep stripping leaves.
Dr Bronner’s unscented Castile soap
Spinosad
Safer soap
... are all products I’ve heard of being used on spider mites while you are in flower.
I’ve not used any myself.
You need to avoid neem and other oil based products while you’re in flower.

A leaf wash will help to mechanically displace them until your new spider mite fighters arrive.
How did you get them? Cats?

Spinosad
Safer soap
... are all products I’ve heard of being used on spider mites while you are in flower.

A leaf wash will help to mechanically displace them until your new spider mite fighters arrive.

I do have dogs but not cats. Guess I should be more careful about touching my plant right after petting them.

Spraying my plants with anything sounds scary. I've heard of wiping the leaves with a doused paper towel instead of spraying which I might give a shot.

Have also heard good things about green clean but it's not cheap. Will do some more research on these products you suggested...

I do have dogs but not cats. Guess I should be more careful about touching my plant right after petting them.

Spraying my plants with anything sounds scary. I've heard of wiping the leaves with a doused paper towel instead of spraying which I might give a shot.

Have also heard good things about green clean but it's not cheap. Will do some more research on these products you suggested...
Good luck Abstrakt. I hope you find a solution and sort those spider mites out quick sticks!

Good luck Abstrakt. I hope you find a solution and sort those spider mites out quick sticks!

Thanks Carmen! Wow is this plant sticky. Just went to take a couple macros and after brief touching my hands feel like they have glue on them.

The trichomes are looking quite cloudy. The hairs are just starting to change. So honestly I might just cut her in a week or so. Will keep checking the trichomes for any sign of amber. If thr infestation gets any worse I'll just harvest because I hardly saw any clear trichomes even on the lowers. See how she looks in a few days without anything :snowboating:

20200926_140757.jpg

Spinosad
Safer soap

I second DD's suggestion to mechanically/physically remove them, especially at this late stage.

Otherwise, like you say, you can just harvest! :thumb: :popcorn:

Gave in and took a sample yesterday and let it dry for 24 hours to sample. the high is perfect and it tasted and smelled surprisingly strong with no cure. No harshness at all. Burned to a nice white ash. The high is right where I want it. Straight to the head and makes everything have more contrast.

Thinking tonight or tomorrow night I will put it in darkness and go for 36 hours. Will try to update with pictures as I go along!

It's also supposed to be 30-40 this week, much colder...

Would never have made this far without this journal and the help from the community :thanks:

:yahoo: Can't be too impatient either. Still undecided at this point. While I love the heady effect right now, I think the white hairs are ugly and a bit premature looking. Feel like that wouldn't be doing this plant justice lol

But I do see mites starting to transitiom to the top and if I were to see a web it would make me pull my hair out...

Will maybe see how it braves the cold weather this week...probably good if anything? As long as it's not dying and my patience holds up...

20200927_142551.jpg

Figured it would be valuable info to make an updated OP post since it won't allow editing. Here is everything I've used through this first grow and how I've went about it. Have learned so much on this mini journey and continue to learn more everyday.

Strain: Hell's OG Kush (clone)

Mini Greenhouse--very hot and dry. 139 is the highest my temp reader recorded.

Medium: Fox Farms Ocean Forest/Mykos

Water:
Every 3-5 days in veg, lightly watering every other day.
Every 2-3 days in flower with no run off
Tap out of the sink, spray nozzle. Never took a ph reading.

Pot size: 5 gallon fabric

Nutrients:

Realgrowers Recharge: every other water during veg--once a week during flower. Never meaured this stuff or aerated it. Just estimated about a teaspoon, stirred in water and watered it in.

Dr Earth Flower Girl--dry bloom:
4-5 tbs every two weeks. Top dressed with very thin layer of compost.

No training on this one with the exception of the main cola breaking off as a result of my inexperience.

Emilya suggested doing that every 3 out of 4 waterings. Not sure what the exact benefits are other than letting the roots dry out more, thus getting more oxygen for overall health. I have definitely noticed the "perfume plump" whenever it gets thirsty.
The Benefit is stronger roots.. weed roots like to be challenged. If you do not challenge your roots, it impacts growth. More roots will develop to search for water... when they do bigger blooms.

Sorry, I am late to the party but knowledge for the next grow! :Namaste:

The Benefit is stronger roots.. weed roots like to be challenged. If you do not challenge your roots, it impacts growth. More roots will develop to search for water... when they do bigger blooms.

Sorry, I am late to the party but knowledge for the next grow! :Namaste:

Thanks for stopping by @Growdad420! Appreciate you dropping the knowledge. :snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom