First Grow In Over 20 Years! Northern Lights Under 600W LED

Here is today’s picture of the ladies. The plant in the front left is my best budder but is also the plant that is having the brown leaf problem. Since I corrected my pH it seems better so I think I will harvest before it becomes a big problem. The plant in the back on the right is my high CBD strain and it seems to be budding nicer lately. In the back on the left are the three Northern Lights Autos I put in one pot and they are budding up okay now too but I didn’t treat them right so I am happy with them.

!cid_4b40c561-d3bd-4cd1-b12f-80e4904c13f3@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Here are some of my best buds from the Northern Lights Photos which are the two plants in the front of the photo of them all.

!cid_33f7129e-78ff-4dad-a99a-cca9536f31d4@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_90cbeede-a90a-4b7e-ae48-942e91cf11ba@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_c1deb891-79c3-44bd-8e5a-4e71a50b7b0c@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

I am starting to get a few Amber Trichrome especially on the surrounding leaves but not so much on the buds themselves. Some of them still seem clear so I think I will wait a little bit to start harvesting but as I said I think I will harvest in stages so I may start soon to get a few in peak THC and then the rest with more CBN. I have got to find a way to hold my phone still as I take closeups because at this magnification the least movement is amplified so much.

!cid_64b2992f-a1a7-49c8-ae00-94c8e6e80ba8@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_71be876c-4964-481d-82fb-b34b0cb3cfaf@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_27448036-600b-491a-aeae-7ce68c9d386c@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

For the next generation I am quadlining my seedlings and training the one with bailing wire and the other one I am trying to train it with super cropping from the beginning. I don’t expect it to change bud the production but I want to see which is easier and produces the best formed plant.

!cid_9f22b01a-e435-4179-96dd-753738acfbdf@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_b79cd535-e135-4766-8526-174e755a9803@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Plants look great and the pH adjustment should help out a lot. Loads of clear on those calyxes so I think you've got some time, and with a plant that size a staggered harvest is a good call if you want all the buds at the same ripeness.

I'd advise something gentler than bailing wire for tie-downs...pipe cleaners or plant ties from the garden center would be better and less stress on the thin walls of the branches.

One last thing...can you take a look inside the cola where I've circled the brown leaf. I'm concerned about bud rot. Could be nothing but best to check:

Plants look great and the pH adjustment should help out a lot. Loads of clear on those calyxes so I think you've got some time, and with a plant that size a staggered harvest is a good call if you want all the buds at the same ripeness.

I'd advise something gentler than bailing wire for tie-downs...pipe cleaners or plant ties from the garden center would be better and less stress on the thin walls of the branches.

One last thing...can you take a look inside the cola where I've circled the brown leaf. I'm concerned about bud rot. Could be nothing but best to check:

Hey Shed. I appreciate the opinion about all the clear trichromes on my calyxes because I still find it hard to tell especially with my crappy close-up photography so I will definitely give them some more time. I was actually considering a staggered harvest to get some plants with peak THC and some with more CBN.

I appreciate the advice about the gentler tiedowns so I will definitely keep an eye on if my bailing wire is damaging my plant but I admit I hate spending money and I already had the baling wire. But if it does cause damage I know that it would definitely be worth the expense so I will keep my eye out for damage.

And yes I did check that Bud and that brown leaf is just from damage from my bad pH levels so I don’t think I have a bud rot problem but thanks for the warning as better safe than sorry. Again thanks for dropping by and for all the good advice and opinions.

:thumb:

Random browning of a single leaf sticking out from a bud is often a sign of trouble within so better to check! Glad all is clear.

If you have any romex wire laying around, you can strip it and use the inside wiring from that too. Much thicker and free if you have it!

Yes I would definitely rather check out and investigate if I have a problem than let it go and have a big problem down the road so thanks for your warning about the bud rot and I will keep my eye out for that problem in the future.

Actually I think I do have some old house wiring laying around out the garage so I will swap that bailing wire out as a precaution. Thanks again.

Woop woop, OK Sauga in 'da house. What can I fix? Great, nothing again. :(
OK Homer you're doing great, keep your chin up and hit one out for the gipper. Give 'er all you got and you wont go wrong. Plants look lovely now that I determined the brown leaf is not leading to anything. Good work and smoke 'em if you got 'em. Go Team!

Woop woop, OK Sauga in 'da house. What can I fix? Great, nothing again. :(
OK Homer you're doing great, keep your chin up and hit one out for the gipper. Give 'er all you got and you wont go wrong. Plants look lovely now that I determined the brown leaf is not leading to anything. Good work and smoke 'em if you got 'em. Go Team!

Thanks, Sauga for the most inspiring message of my thread!! :bravo: Have you considered going into motivational speaking?? :rolleyes: Seriously, thanks for all the help in the past!

Thanks, Sauga for the most inspiring message of my thread!! :bravo: Have you considered going into motivational speaking?? :rolleyes: Seriously, thanks for all the help in the past!
:laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl::nomo::rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl:imagine the three of us together.......
I'm laughing like crazy, tears are rolling...

Back
Top Bottom