First Grow In Over 20 Years! Northern Lights Under 600W LED

Testing on your own is good, when it doesn't harm your plants. I believe molasses will help in soil.
Reading info all day is good, so a day well spent. :)

You are a special woman Birdie... I don't know many women who would think me spending all day reading about how to grow weed would be a good thing. :laugh:

Love that bent branch :goodjob:

I grew under the same Viparspectra you have for my first grow. You will absolutely get potent, quality bud from that light. It excels in veg. It can give you quality in flower, but you have to set your expectations correctly - the light penetration has its limits relative to some of the new lights. You've done a good job of setting the canopy up for success so far with that light. The more tops at the ideal distance from the light, the better.

You say you're being cautioned about experimenting - I say take your lumps and learn by doing! Even if you mess things up your future grows will be better off. It's too late to do any big defoliation at this point, because the vegetative growth is basically all flipped to flower growth as of the 3 week mark. You should do some though, with the intent of getting light at the bud sites wherever possible. You should also look to trim some of the bottom growth that obviously isn't going to get much light. In both cases I'd start slow. Do less than you think you should - I did too much on my first grow, and too little on my second. You will have popcorn / larf with that light until you get the hang of the light penetration, but you're already way ahead of where I was on my first grow.

I just bought 2x Viperspectra reflector series for my small 60x60cm tents. I got the red boosted version and I hope they can match 250W HPS. I agree that there are way better LED's but I think price is reasonable on Viparspectra.

Thank you; I have lots of those!! :thumb:

I just bought 2x Viperspectra reflector series for my small 60x60cm tents. I got the red boosted version and I hope they can match 250W HPS. I agree that there are way better LED's but I think price is reasonable on Viparspectra.

Yes, I think mine was a reasonable price and I am pretty happy with it. I have the 600W version and it is doing fine for my 3'x3' area as advertised so I think the 300W would be fine for your 60cm x 60cm or a 2' x 2' area. I actually just ordered a 300w to veg so I can have a veg and flower going at the same time.

Ya I'm glad you mentioned that. I was wondering if you were going to or not. Thanks Homer.

Thanks buddy; I honestly didn’t think anybody would care about me taking out the garbage never mind actually commenting on it. Since you were wondering I will mention it every Wednesday now and even throw in a few inspiring recycling stories.:high-five::ciao:

Thanks buddy; I honestly didn’t think anybody would care about me taking out the garbage never mind actually commenting on it. Since you were wondering I will mention it every Wednesday now and even throw in a few inspiring recycling stories.:high-five::ciao:
Wait, what, seriously? You have recycling stories? :popcorn:
Let me see what I got going on Wednesday..I hope I don't miss it.

Enjoy your weekend Homer!

I added a vipar 450w reflector to my 4x4 to go beside my 600w HPS and my big girls loved it! So much that I ordered a second one for my smaller 2x2 veg tent to replace my weaker CFL setup I had. Since adding it into my veg tent I have seen noticeable improvement in growth and vigor!

Well worth the money in my eyes

Wait, what, seriously? You have recycling stories? :popcorn:
Let me see what I got going on Wednesday..I hope I don't miss it.

Enjoy your weekend Homer!

It seems this journal is devolving into silliness. But I guess I can't complain because it is my fault..... :rolleyes::laugh:
Have a good weekend too Sauga.

I added a vipar 450w reflector to my 4x4 to go beside my 600w HPS and my big girls loved it! So much that I ordered a second one for my smaller 2x2 veg tent to replace my weaker CFL setup I had. Since adding it into my veg tent I have seen noticeable improvement in growth and vigor!

Well worth the money in my eyes

Glad to hear that. Thanks for the input Dutchman.

Day 63 Total: Day 24 of Flower.

Things may not look much different since I posted pics on Tuesday but the buds are a little bigger but best of all they are becoming a little bit stinky which is a great sign! :yahoo:

!cid_65495236-92a7-4442-875d-c04ff7000499@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_d98fd058-0e17-459b-bccf-5fe9e2156925@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

What's she smelling like?

I went up and had another smell. This is the first day I have noticed they smell so it isn't very strong but if I get my nose right in the bud it smells mildly skunky and with a hint of pepperish. Hard to explain but that is as close as I can express it.

She’s looking fantastic! And great job on the canopy !

Thanks, buddy. It's hard to screw things up out here with all the great advice!! :high-five::ciao:

Lovin the new Av Homer, as much as I love the plants you're growing

Thank you, thank you, thank you….. I thought no one was ever going to mention my new avatar, LOL. It actually is the same avatar I started with but I changed and added a few things using Photoshop and I admit it makes me chuckle still when I look at it.

And my plants are definitely loving the Mega Crop so thanks for the tip.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom