Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

I circled each 5000k twice. Just examples of 2 different coverage areas depending on height.

420-magazine-mobile410099746.jpg

Sent from my android from outer space!
Sweet

"carpe diem"

Ok guys. I present to you panel #2 and panel #3.
The spacing between them in the picture is about perfect and is how they will hang. That keeps all cobs between 12 1/2" and 12 3/4" center to center.

Whatcha think

420-magazine-mobile964667446.jpg

This has been my favorite journal by far, and it doesn't even have any weed in it yet!
Lol, but seriously you're doing some amazing work here.
Props to you sir for being so detailed and easy to understand.
I have 2 led fixtures now but you have inspired me to try my hand at a small fixture for our 2'x4'x5' tent.
If it doesn't cost us more then we can afford right now anyway lol.

Do you think a fixture could be put together for about $200 and would effectively cover our tent area?

Sent from my SM-G530T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

After some reading and research. Looks like to have any shot at the $200 budget. We'd be using different "less expensive" COB's.
Maybe the Vero's?

I did look at that thread, the day you suggested. Along with a few more on that forum.
I also watched some videos by Growmau5.
But fanleaf said he had a place to get the citizen cobs cheap. That's why I asked.
I'm still confused though, I am on the cob kits site. They show options with 80cri and 90cri, like the clu048 -10 12 90cri.
Should I concern myself with those numbers?
Also take the hlg185-700a.
What does the "a" at the end meen? Should I concern myself with those numbers?

I did look at that thread, the day you suggested. Along with a few more on that forum.
I also watched some videos by Growmau5.
But fanleaf said he had a place to get the citizen cobs cheap. That's why I asked.
I'm still confused though, I am on the cob kits site. They show options with 80cri and 90cri, like the clu048 -10 12 90cri.
Should I concern myself with those numbers?
Also take the hlg185-700a.
What does the "a" at the end meen? Should I concern myself with those numbers?
Go with 80 CRI man. PM me and Ill give u a guy for citizen hookup

Ok guys. Life happened for a while there so I was unable to get updating in on the Cree Mega Panel.
Today I have some progress for you guys.

1st of all I got all 3 panels fully assembled and hanging in their new home. This is in the 92"X 92" X 6.5 foot high Mars Hydro tent.

1114161632.jpg
1114161632b.jpg

Looks fantastic right?

I also started working on the control panel. I considered running the drivers with 240 volts from the house so I could run the lights at full power with tons of room to spare on 1 breaker in the breaker box in my home but I instead opted to set everything up with 120V and each of the 3 panels will have it's own power cord so I can run the 2 of the cords on 1-20 amp breaker and the 3rd panel on a seperate breaker. That way will be easier for me. I could run all 3 panels on 1-20 amp 120V breaker yes but when I run at 100% power with the cobs it would be pushing it. So I will use 2 just to be safe.

I bought a 12" X 12" X 6" box from my local hardware store for the control panel for everything. It fits all 9 meters and 9 potentiometers for dimmer adjustment.

I ran 4 potentiometers short and they will be here in a few days.

This will be the control box. I did it this way so I can have the controls inside the grow tent but mount all 9 drivers outside the tent just to keep the heat that the drivers will radiate outside the grow room.

1114161535b.jpg
1114161534.jpg

Notice the 3- 10 amp reset breakers I added at the bottom of the control box. 1 breaker for each cob panel.

Cob panel #1 will be ran by the 3 meters and knobs on the top row.
Cob panel #2 ran by the row in the middle
Cob panel #3 ran by the bottom row.

So the top left meter and knob will run 6 of the 3000k (red) cobs on 1 driver on panel #1. Top middle meter and knob runs 5 more of the 3000k (red) cobs on another driver on panel #1. The top right meter and knob runs the 3 (blue) 5000k cobs on a 3rd driver on panel #1. That completes 1 panel.

Middle row=panel2 and bottom row= panel 3.

This is 1/3 of the wiring inside the control box. I don't have it wired up yet so I will post some pictures when I do.

1114161636.jpg

This wiring shown above will be done exactly times 3 inside the box.

Hey fanleaf,

That is an awesome feat just to get that many lights into service! Will be able to grow quite a crop!! I have a 4 cob light bar, and it's giving too much light at 12 inches. So I'm pleased with the cree cobs! Happy growing!!

It has proven to be some work, that's for sure. Yes, these Cobs can be way overpowering so thank goodness for the dimmer function. I think I will be able to idle these babies way down low. Somewhere around 28-30W per cob and get big results.

Getting closer now :)

Wow man, just wow!
I'm a little lost in all of it. But I'm learning (slowly) bit by bit. Lol
I can't wait to see it on and running!

Back
Top Bottom