Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Without becoming an LED expert like some of you here have become, the options on just the Cree LEDs alone is overwhelming! After reading through this thread I THINK I've got my COB choice down to these two. Am I headed in the right direction? And which of these two is the better option? Thanks guys.

CBX3590.jpeg

Maybe explaining what I'm trying to do is a better approach.
I want to build two systems. Each should be capable of both veg and flower over a 2'x4' section with the capability of a uniform 900 PPFD coverage. Each system would be comprised of 8 COBs on 12" centers, two COBs wide by four COBs long.
The ultimate goal is efficiency with killer coverage and plant friendly light, without breaking the bank!

Well in my opinion either of the 2 would be just as good and pretty much depends on your driver setup. They are the same chip except 36v vs 72v. Either way you are at the top of the line there. Either of those can be had for under $33 USD from cutter though. Also, they have packages with those chips that include the chip, holder, adapter and reflector for $46.85 each. They are out of stock but should be back in very soon. Cutter is awesome.

By the way guys. I'm starting another conversion. This time a 150W Advanced LED to Citizen conversion. I will have that project up here soon.
420-magazine-mobile898062437.jpg
420-magazine-mobile605632653.jpg

This one will be a 3 cob project. 2x Citi 1212's Gen 6 2700k 90CRI along with 1 Citi 1212 gen 6 in 5700k 90 CRI and adding 3w Infrared and UV chips as well. Gonna be a lot in a small package!

By the way guys. I'm starting another conversion. This time a 150W Advanced LED to Citizen conversion. I will have that project up here soon.
420-magazine-mobile898062437.jpg
420-magazine-mobile605632653.jpg

This one will be a 3 cob project. 2x Citi 1212's Gen 6 2700k 90CRI along with 1 Citi 1212 gen 6 in 5700k 90 CRI and adding 3w Infrared and UV chips as well. Gonna be a lot in a small package!
Wow they still want 300 dollars for that 90Wftw stripe. Must be some good LED :))

What drivers in there?

My first journal What's That? - White Light - What Does It Do? - It Grows

Using that light My very first DIY COB fixture

True Ulgy's will give you are the equations you would ever need!!! If you ever get a chance to get ahold of the NEC code book it will change your life !!!!! It's my Bible !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Fanleaf's Huge 42 Cree CXB3590 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

True Ulgy's will give you are the equations you would ever need!!! If you ever get a chance to get ahold of the NEC code book it will change your life !!!!! It's my Bible !!!!!!

Heres a question. I want a o put two COBs per heatsink. They won't run at the same time. One for veg, early flower and one for late flower. Here's the setup.
420-magazine-mobile1867059990.jpg
Would I be able to use a double pole double throw for power switching or would a single pole double throw work? I want to be able to switch COB sets using one driver. Both chips are capable of being run by the same HLG -185-1050. (Not at the same time obviously)
I'm just not sure if I should switch both +\- or just switch the + and leave the negative running through the whole circuit (common).

Heres a question. I want a o put two COBs per heatsink. They won't run at the same time. One for veg, early flower and one for late flower. Here's the setup.
Would I be able to use a double pole double throw for power switching or would a single pole double throw work? I want to be able to switch COB sets using one driver. Both chips are capable of being run by the same HLG -185-1050. (Not at the same time obviously)
I'm just not sure if I should switch both +\- or just switch the + and leave the negative running through the whole circuit (common).

Ok you have 2 ways that you can do this either get 2 single pole switches or you can get a on-off-on toggle switch. Let me know and if you need help with the wiring I can walk you through it

Where the hell are you getting switches for 59 cents?
Lol. Just kidding.
I want it to look semi professional. I'm housing the two Meanwell's in a duct box connected to the exhaust of my tent. Might as well push some of that heat off the drivers since the driver is literally sitting next to the duct. I figured two birds with one stone.
I have a metal brake so I'll built a little box that can connect to the exhaust and house the drivers with a control panel on the front.

All you need is a single pole double throw if using the same driver for both chips. Neg always on both chips. Flip switch one way for flower, flip switch other way for veg.
420-magazine-mobile825390941.jpg

I bit the bullet. I have eight complete 36V 3500K CXB3590s with heat sinks coming from the land down under. Cutter had three of their CXB359-LHA36V COB kits in stock.
I'll source power supplies in the US.

Let the madness continue!

Back
Top Bottom