Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Geez you guys make me want some new strains...
But thats too damn bad, no money for that. Probably not for years, I will be cloning and running the few strains I do have over and over till I can get something else. Maybe even make some new fem'd seeds.

The longer I grow....and the longer I grow my favorite strains.....the more I realize that there's so much potential in almost every strain we grow that we fail to capitalize on.....

We're trying to fit a plant into a space, or we're growing several strains that prefer several different environments in the same tray, with a one-size-fits-all environment.

Some strains want to be topped, some don't. Some don't like LST, some love it. Etc.

Even a 400 dollar a seed strain takes several runs to "dial in."

Honestly, I think spending 400 on the environment will result in better produce than spending that much on a seed! What really opened my eyes to this was growing the Colombian. A landrace from back in the 1970's that get's frosty, dense nugs? Who knew?

Growing methods are perhaps even more important than genetics. When you find genetics that mate up well with your grow style.....no we're talking! But, if we keep at this a bit, we'll all become Master Growers......and then we'll begin to bring out the hidden, seldom seen epigenetics of each strain.

No expensive seeds for me folks! 400 bucks buys me two new bulbs for the Gavitas. I've got to learn to grow this plant better before I spend 400 bucks on a seed!

Your mileage may vary.

They're in 7 gallon pot, DL. I give them a lift to see if they're light and since about 4 weeks ago they've needed water daily. Drench/RO/Drench/RO.....every dang day!

The one closest to you in the pic went dry and wilted pretty bad about a week ago, and yes, many of the lower, interior fan leaves turned yellow and crispy and dropped right off. No problem.

It is not my goal to let them dry out that much in bloom, but it did happen and the plant recovered in about an hour. These are the most vigorous plants in HB I've had yet. The yield alone is enough to keep it around, and I think by taking it 2 weeks earlier than I normally would I'll get more fanatics for the strain.

Right now it's: "Whatcha got Doc? Any Paki? Grape Ape?" Doc: "No, just tangie...." "Oh...well, OK, I'll take some of that. When it the Paki ready?" LOL.

My fully legal "customers" are spoiled as can be. Perhaps if I can get it smelling a bit stronger and more fruity they won't seem so dejected having to smoke Tangie while waiting for the good stuff.

The Blue Kush looks very promising! I'll be harvesting that the next week too. Sadly, it did not go purple, so I'm still looking for a replacement for GA.

Thanks for the info, like you said 7 gal pots are the minimum, but work perfectly.

Wow, imagine that...feeling dejected because you have to settle for Doc's tangy....wish I had that dilemma!!! Ha

Havested my beloved Bubblegum last night after a long day.... at 51 days PF! Could go earlier as I had 40% amber trichomes.

She has been rewarding me each grow, with more trics, more terms and aroma, as I dial it all in....such a smooth fine smoke, but I still have much to learn with this one.

I know she can be better, as what I don't know, is the only thing limiting her true potential.

Thanks Doc! Thanks 420mag! Thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge!

420-magazine-mobile1340682452.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1854863650.jpg
420-magazine-mobile695351310.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1057118535.jpg

Nice! I have seen some awesome pics of both! That platinum punch should be amazing! I hve two Slurricane seedlings going. One is wonky but I look forward to what they will do :)

Right on that Slurricane got my attention but I held off.

Excited to see everyone growing some of this "new" stuff.

I wish we all lived near each other so we could smoke, drink, eat, talk and chat about all this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom