Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I have a quick question, I know it's common practice to finish a plant on GE, guessing that means that the last watering should be a GE drench, but was wondering what difference it provides versus 1/4 Trans water.

I have a quick question, I know it's common practice to finish a plant on GE, guessing that means that the last watering should be a GE drench, but was wondering what difference it provides versus 1/4 Trans water.

Morning BrixNewb, Doc advises to finish with GE for a sweeter tasting produce versus a 'gamier' taste. The main thing is to not necessarily finish with a GE Drench but , the very last Drench should be GE and not Trans Ok,..make sense bud. The last drink can be straight water but make the last Drench GE . Cheers BN and gang!

Morning BrixNewb, Doc advises to finish with GE for a sweeter tasting produce versus a 'gamier' taste. The main thing is to not necessarily finish with a GE Drench but , the very last Drench should be GE and not Trans Ok,..make sense bud. The last drink can be straight water but make the last Drench GE . Cheers BN and gang!

It's all personal preference, but my reasons for using GE in the latter half of bloom is to bulk up and sweeten. Better yield and that sweet, bakery smell that is characteristic of High Brix produce is what I'm after.....burns smooth and white, easy to smoke, etc.

Whats up all my Brix people? My seedlings are working on their 3rd set of true leaves (3/4 are about 10 days old) . Currently I'm only giving them water via misting in small circles around the stems. I do this about twice a day, one in the morning and once at night. My question is, when should I start dunking them in regular water? I know we're not supposed to start Foliar and Drenches until they develop 5/6 nodes but is it too early to do the dunking technique now with only water? Thanks!

Whats up all my Brix people? My seedlings are working on their 3rd set of true leaves (3/4 are about 10 days old) . Currently I'm only giving them water via misting in small circles around the stems. I do this about twice a day, one in the morning and once at night. My question is, when should I start dunking them in regular water? I know we're not supposed to start Foliar and Drenches until they develop 5/6 nodes but is it too early to do the dunking technique now with only water? Thanks!

Wait till the container is bone dry before watering....and give them a good dunk at that time. A light Transplant drench is fine. 5 sets of true leaves before foliar feeding....drenches can happen anytime, but obviously a seedling needs very little.

If you have some dry soil, put it in the same kind of container and weigh it against the ones with the seedling. This will help you get a feel for when to water.

Ok, will do. Next time they get bone dry I'll do a water+light transplant + tea feed. How many mls of Transplant for the seedlings? Like 1/8th oz of transplant good?

Wait till the container is bone dry before watering....and give them a good dunk at that time. A light Transplant drench is fine. 5 sets of true leaves before foliar feeding....drenches can happen anytime, but obviously a seedling needs very little.

If you have some dry soil, put it in the same kind of container and weigh it against the ones with the seedling. This will help you get a feel for when to water.

Ok, will do. Next time they get bone dry I'll do a water+light transplant + tea feed. How many mls of Transplant for the seedlings? Like 1/8th oz of transplant good?

It's hard to say. Think about how much water you'll need to dunk them all....a gallon? I dunno.

A light transplant drench for a gallon of water would be about 1/4 oz.....but double for dunking 1/2 oz. That's what I would do.

I still haven't progressed to milliliters per gallon of soil. I look at it more like oz per sq. ft.

Hey Doc. I was wondering what the shelf life would be with transwater. I was mixing it straight into my 5 gallon jugs that i watered with when I was in flower. I figured I could just mix it up and use it when needed now that I'm growing again. Only thing is, it stinks when it's been sitting for a week in the jug. I'm guessing it shouldn't be used then. Am I correct? Or, can I continue mixing it like that and giving it for my im between transwaters?

Cheers Doc

I have a few pics of my Critical Jack. She is a bizarre little thing. She was started right around the 1st of the year. I was going to cull her a long time ago, but I had the space and let her go. She is still in veg at 18/6. I transplanted her about 10 days ago to just for laughs. Anyone ever had something that looks like this? She is all of 3" tall. :circle-of-love::peace:

20170402_174619_resized.jpg
20170402_174630_resized.jpg
20170402_174647_resized.jpg
20170402_174707_resized.jpg

Hey Doc. I was wondering what the shelf life would be with transwater. I was mixing it straight into my 5 gallon jugs that i watered with when I was in flower. I figured I could just mix it up and use it when needed now that I'm growing again. Only thing is, it stinks when it's been sitting for a week in the jug. I'm guessing it shouldn't be used then. Am I correct? Or, can I continue mixing it like that and giving it for my im between transwaters?

Cheers Doc

Yeah....once you add water, everything starts blooming. I'll save mine overnight sometimes, if there's a really good reason. Past that, and you're asking for trouble.

Back
Top Bottom