Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Colombian Red: fast pheno....and it's damn fast! will be done in 2 weeks tops, while the others have at least a month.

Picture_001333.jpg
Picture_010240.jpg

A cola from Champagne, Grape Ape, and Fast Colombian Red all occupying the same space

Picture_002325.jpg

Tall Pheno

Picture_009247.jpg
Picture_008246.jpg
Picture_007270.jpg
Picture_005311.jpg
Picture_004322.jpg

Medium pheno

Picture_006291.jpg

Champagne, about 2 weeks left

Picture_003331.jpg

Are you saying people here are able to read sugar levels inside a plant from a picture?

Pretty much sounds to me like you're just trying to argue for some point,.Like some others that act like their way is best or the most righteous.. Just what I hear...

It's not that you're going to get a precise determination with visual clues 36, but rather that a plant in High Brix will demonstrate a series of unmistakable signs that point to the increased health. Hence, it is certainly possible, with the experience gained by consistent results over many grows to develop the ability to gauge with certainty the higher reading one would get, if you chose to test.

I don't think he's being contentious guys, just asking questions. That's what were here for, right?

It's not that you're going to get a precise determination with visual clues 36, but rather that a plant in High Brix will demonstrate a series of unmistakable signs that point to the increased health. Hence, it is certainly possible, with the experience gained by consistent results over many grows to develop the ability to gauge with certainty the higher reading one would get, if you chose to test.

I don't think he's being contentious guys, just asking questions. That's what were here for, right?

Exactly Sue! :)

Thank you Duggan. :laughtwo: :love:

Hey doc.....now will all three of the columbian's reds have different highs? I'm assuming all will be sativia highs just wondering, if they were all the same wouldn't ya just pick the fast pheno for business purposes.......:passitleft:

They're all gonna be Sativa highs, no doubt about it.

The fast one looks like it will yield about 1/3 less than the tall one at least. The tall one has more resin too, especially if we compare the puffball stage of both strains.

So, basically if I have to wait 3 weeks longer for 30% more product, we're looking at a wash. Both will finish in under 12 weeks, from what I can tell so far, the fast one will be 2-3 weeks ahead.

Depending on my situation I'll probably pick both and learn some more about them, but ultimately I'm more likely to choose the best tasting, best high regardless of how long it takes.

If the fast one wins in best high and flavor then I've found the Holy Grail.

Be honest now Doc...hows it feel to know youre an innovator? Your knowledge and insight grows some of the country's (world's?) best cannabis. Dont be modest now. I (we?) want the truth

Ya but Doc...you know the slow one is gonna have somethin special....that's just the way it is.:high-five:

The smell of the fast pheno is excellent; a spicey fruity nutmeg smell, almost like a fruitcake but with a BIG weed smell.

The tall, slow one is like sweet cherries right now and just electric. I don't know how else to put it. It's also got really good triche development.

The fast one is going to have a nice fat calyx dominant bud structure with totally old school red hairs I think. I can't tell how the final structure of the tall one is going to end up but it's looking a bit more of a Champagne or even Jack Herer bud structure perhaps.

Be honest now Doc...hows it feel to know youre an innovator? Your knowledge and insight grows some of the country's (world's?) best cannabis. Dont be modest now. I (we?) want the truth

I don't really feel like much of an innovator bro. I feel more like someone who knows a bit about growing the good stuff. I had my 14 week Champagne at the cup this last weekend and honest to God it was as good as any bud I saw there. There were some really amazing flowers at a few of the booths and an LOS collective had some nice plants there. All of it looked "normal" to me.

Doc, Those narrow leaves are getting me worked up. Never thought I'd drive cross country for a clone! :thumb:

If you're driving for a clone, I'd think twice. I got this strain via a friend with access to a private jet who brought a seeded cola home from Colombia.

Some collective like Harborside might have a clone, but I wouldn't drive across country for it.....get seeds. They're out there.

The smell of the fast pheno is excellent; a spicey fruity nutmeg smell, almost like a fruitcake but with a BIG weed smell.

The tall, slow one is like sweet cherries right now and just electric. I don't know how else to put it. It's also got really good triche development.

The fast one is going to have a nice fat calyx dominant bud structure with totally old school red hairs I think. I can't tell how the final structure of the tall one is going to end up but it's looking a bit more of a Champagne or even Jack Herer bud structure perhaps.

I don't really feel like much of an innovator bro. I feel more like someone who knows a bit about growing the good stuff. I had my 14 week Champagne at the cup this last weekend and honest to God it was as good as any bud I saw there. There were some really amazing flowers at a few of the booths and an LOS collective had some nice plants there. All of it looked "normal" to me.

So did you enter again or just brought some with you and wore a t-shirt to say "DBHBB grew this!"? Or did you just go to have a good time and get baked? Lol :)

So did you enter again or just brought some with you and wore a t-shirt to say "DBHBB grew this!"? Or did you just go to have a good time and get baked? Lol :)

I brought some produce to help out a friend with a booth. I also got 7 VIP wristbands, so I brought a small posse along and we basically just enjoyed the thing.

I won't enter the contests that HT puts on again. They are clearly rigged.

I would be surprised if these events continued much longer. They somehow got Steel Pulse to play Saturday night, but not only was there a strict NO SMOKING/Vape Pen rule vigorously enforced in the auditorium, there was maybe 200 people at the concert. It was so damn sad and pathetic!

They would have done much better on the outdoor stage where people could smoke.

Poor planning on every level.....quite disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom