Details & Questions About the Spider COB LED Grow Light - Twilight LED

OK you guys are worrying me... If I open this baby up and take pics and post them up here will you guys be able to tell me if this light is safe...:confused: Jason I love ya and you know it but I really don't want to go through what I went through last time... I'm good with not knowing if it is a 7 or 9 band spectrum but I'm not good with not knowing about the heat sink but I don't know enough about this stuff to even know what I am looking at... Sooo guys if I do this will you be able to tell me what I am looking at...:confused:....:circle-of-love:

OK you guys are worrying me... If I open this baby up and take pics and post them up here will you guys be able to tell me if this light is safe...:confused: Jason I love ya and you know it but I really don't want to go through what I went through last time... I'm good with not knowing if it is a 7 or 9 band spectrum but I'm not good with not knowing about the heat sink but I don't know enough about this stuff to even know what I am looking at... Sooo guys if I do this will you be able to tell me what I am looking at...:confused:....:circle-of-love:

20160413_155212.jpg

This is what you are looking for. This is the heat sink. Any electrical device that has the ability to put out a ton of heat should have them.

Uh oh... What about mine? I've got like 10 Ballasts and 6 fans and 864 watts with no heat sink?? You think they stole it for the aluminum in customs during shipping or it never had one... Should I be using this thing?
20160408_161353.jpg

I still really appreciate the light from Jason but what do I do?

Also it had no on off switch, just a straight plug. I like the one that you have that you can adjust the whites and blues... Very cool

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Uh oh... What about mine? I've got like 10 Ballasts and 6 fans and 864 watts with no heat sink?? You think they stole it for the aluminum in customs during shipping or it never had one... Should I be using this thing?
20160408_161353.jpg

I still really appreciate the light from Jason but what do I do?

Also it had no on off switch, just a straight plug. I like the one that you have that you can adjust the whites and blues... Very cool

KiG :green_heart:cheers
The one that I chose is only 165 watts, but has a digital timer and everything else built in. I'll give pictures up tonight, FedEx wouldn't deliver yesterday without a signature. I'll take it apart and let you all know. From what I have seen on here the lower wattage lights have the heat sinks but the big mambo lights didn't. To me that is ass backwards.

I just read it does have heat sinks and you can adjust the blue and white. Even has a moonlight setting lol.

The one that I chose is only 165 watts, but has a digital timer and everything else built in. I'll give pictures up tonight, FedEx wouldn't deliver yesterday without a signature. I'll take it apart and let you all know. From what I have seen on here the lower wattage lights have the heat sinks but the big mambo lights didn't. To me that is ass backwards.

I just read it does have heat sinks and you can adjust the blue and white. Even has a moonlight setting lol.

It looks like they took it out you have the puddy were it should be .I'd ask about that does your light get really hot .

I think with most leds the cooler you can keep them the more efficient they are lm/w , as they heat up hey loose intensity and shorten the led lifespan .. i dont think it would reach really high temps or anything because you still have a lot of air moving over the back of the board just seems strange not to have a heatsink there helping

I'm pretty sure mine I suppose to have heat sink fins under the hood. Like your 300 watts has them but my 864 Watt doesn't?? Jason is this correct?
20160408_161353.jpg

I would think mine creates way more heat than a 300w

Let me know? And KiG :green_heart:cheers

You are professional, Snidrajsed! the fins can enlarge the heatsink area. but your 864 is bigger than 300w, so the heatsink board is bigger. besides, your lamp have more fans than 300w. :circle-of-love:

My 864w has the heat sink in it at the bottom just like that 300 I'd ask Jason about that .

Your lamp have heatsink for sure. actually, all lamps you got have the heatsink! this is necessary for good cooling. however, according the different size of lamp, some lamps is small, it need fins to enlarge the heatsink area, but some lamp is bigger, the heatsink board is large, so they needn't fins. :cheer:

That is fine to open it, Dennise, you can open it to show inside of the lamp. like I explain to Nugg, that is doesn't matter if the heatsink board have fins or not. we put different heatsink board is according the good cooling function. :Namaste:

Well, I have a idea for testing the temperature, you can put a thermometer into the lamp through the vent, put it here about 1 or 2 hours, then you can know the temperature inside of the lamp by without opening the lamp. just suggestion. :circle-of-love:

you would think that big light would have them.....

Well, it's a good idea, James. but we didn't put fins on bigger lamp base on two reason: Main reason is the cooling function is enough like I said before. Another reason is add fins will make lamp heavier---you guys will pay more shipping cost, and harder to hang it. :high-five:

However, if we make the big size lamp with more powerful lamp, fins will be added for sure, we make this kind of lamp over 6years, so we definitely know how to keep the good heatsink. :circle-of-love:

You guys' suggestion are awesome, we appreciate it. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom