Details & Questions About the Spider COB LED Grow Light - Twilight LED

Hey nuggs. When I checked my tents this morning the lights were off, but not in the Spider lit veg tent, in my flowering tent lit with two lights from a different site sponsor.

Anyway, very similar problem but with this vendors lights, it happened right in the outlet as my model doesn't have switches.

Just wanted to show you my first hand experience with two different vendors. Parts die, but it's the after sales support that makes or breaks a supplier in my mind.

(thumbnails link to the original)

Twilight was very fast and helpful when I had the switch failure, I'll let you know how the other vendor fairs as well once I hear back from them.

On topic section:

Here's my four newest girls at 26 days for three, and 15 for the fourth, all currently under the Spider x4. This was taken right after a bunch of leaf tucking and LSTing, so it's a bit harder to tell how healthy and happy they are.

Hey nuggs. When I checked my tents this morning the lights were off, but not in the Spider lit veg tent, in my flowering tent lit with two lights from a different site sponsor.

Anyway, very similar problem but with this vendors lights, it happened right in the outlet as my model doesn't have switches.

Just wanted to show you my first hand experience with two different vendors. Parts die, but it's the after sales support that makes or breaks a supplier in my mind.

Twilight was very fast and helpful when I had the switch failure, I'll let you know how the other vendor fairs as well once I hear back from them.

On topic section:

Here's my four newest girls at 26 days for three, and 15 for the fourth, all currently under the Spider x4. This was taken right after a bunch of leaf tucking and LSTing, so it's a bit harder to tell how healthy and happy they are.

Sorry here about your mars panels gope you get that worked out .I see that led lights have way more problems no matter were you get them .I lost my apollo 8 light after 1 completed grow with it.THEY sent me the parts and they lasted 2 hrs then went out.it's funny ive owned my 600 watt hps reflector 4 yrs. Never have had 1 problem with it only just refreshed the bulb. They work out all the problems with them soon hopefully. WAS thinking of buying couple rhese cheap lights they got just have in case of emergency situations like we've hadjust a thought .

hope you get mars lamp good soon.

On topic section:

20160127_215444.jpg
20160127_215428.jpg
20160126_151558.jpg
20160127_215417.jpg
20160126_151221.jpg
20160126_151133.jpg
20160126_151148.jpg
20160126_151208.jpg

20160201_192214.jpg
20160201_192147.jpg
here are my plants at day 25 under the spider 4 cob with light at 36 " from plants.Both are photo period strains they are discolored and very bleached and burnt I have not feed them at all they have just got 1 time watering a day with ph water only 1 has roots that have reached the reservoir the other one doesn't have roots yet at all the bottom leaves are burnt brown .I have never had plants do this or look like this at 25 days old can anyone tell me what might be wrong .I read im haveing light burn problems.I see other people are running the spider cob at 24" and not having this problem I have been running mine for last 3 days at 37" and there still looking bad .if anyone can let me know what is wrong advice will help me I really think its the light ive never seen plants show signs of burnt leaves and yellowing with out being feed nutrients ever there way to small for 25 days old .I had to take the cob down put back up my cfls see if this helps me after week if they get better then I'll know if it's the cob light burning my plants or another problem with the plants.

So today my plants streched to the cfls a little the yellowing leaves are starting to get some green color back in them to .I think I don't have the hieght to hang the cob higher then 37" im using a clothes bar in my closet I could take off the rachet hanger out some zip ties up and zip tie it to the bar that would give me extra 3 inches I really want to see how there going to be under the cfl for few days to determine the cause of my problem first I just don't understand how others are growing with this light at 24" and every time ive tried that it burns my plants bad.even with my flowering plants myleaves were bleaching at the 36" maybe it needs bigger space or with two panels it's way to much light for this small space I don't know .would love some feed back or help on this situation.

my guess, hungry....Why no feed?

20160201_192214.jpg
20160201_192147.jpg
here are my plants at day 25 under the spider 4 cob with light at 36 " from plants.Both are photo period strains they are discolored and very bleached and burnt I have not feed them at all they have just got 1 time watering a day with ph water only 1 has roots that have reached the reservoir the other one doesn't have roots yet at all the bottom leaves are burnt brown .I have never had plants do this or look like this at 25 days old can anyone tell me what might be wrong .I read im haveing light burn problems.I see other people are running the spider cob at 24" and not having this problem I have been running mine for last 3 days at 37" and there still looking bad .if anyone can let me know what is wrong advice will help me I really think its the light ive never seen plants show signs of burnt leaves and yellowing with out being feed nutrients ever there way to small for 25 days old .I had to take the cob down put back up my cfls see if this helps me after week if they get better then I'll know if it's the cob light burning my plants or another problem with the plants.

Your plants aren't burnt. They are starving. See how the upper leaves are yellow, but a node down they're green?
Also, I have a Spider 4 also. You can actually lower it.

Feed them...

I think he knows what they need now, lol....I'd still like to know why no feed though...

So I feed 1/4 strength in my reservoir im just manually top feeding my candyland for now.Will leave the cfls in for little while till they heal some thanks everyone.

If you already had LEDs on them, leave LEDs on them, don't change anything, just feed them. If it's hydro, make sure it's at 5.2 pH to start and TOP FEED when you pour it in. Don't wait for the pump. It will drift up throughout the day, and will hit the range for all the nutrients, but you need it low to start.

If it's hydro, make sure it's at 5.2 pH
As opposed to 6.5 that us dirt farmers adjust to & that's just about all I know about hydro. Also I'm not sure about the Spider 4 but I have a Spider 9 and it's a little intense to be using during veg. Most of us here use CFLs for vegging so I guess your in the saddle now. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom