Chocolope DNA Genetics - First Grow

This morning, while checking the pH of my resoviour I found that there was an algoe like substance in it. Emptied the res and cleaned it with bleach solution.

Filled up with 15 gal of water and made feed up to 740ppm and 6.4pH

Will double check pH again because it tends to drift.

It is very hard to wait for the lights to come on at night so I can open the tent.

Got some cheap vivosun grow glasses. Everything was very green. When I took them off I noticed the leaves were a lot darker than yesterday. Is this ok?

Can someone please look at the following photos and let me know if there is a problem or if they are good?

20240808_203253.jpg
20240808_203338.jpg
20240808_203357.jpg
20240808_203355.jpg
20240808_203350.jpg
20240808_203418.jpg

20240808_203414.jpg

20240808_203408.jpg

Been having some trouble getting my humidity under control. Got a 30qt humidifier in yesterday and it haz been slowly working. Trying to keep my tent open for a while tonight to help equalize the room rh and the tent rh.

Here is another Pic. Really stretching!

I have been erring on the side of taking too few leaves.

Should I do some defoliation here? If so how heavy and what should I target?
20240810_201119.jpg
20240810_214619.jpg

Been having some trouble getting my humidity under control. Got a 30qt humidifier in yesterday and it haz been slowly working. Trying to keep my tent open for a while tonight to help equalize the room rh and the tent rh.

Here is another Pic. Really stretching!

I have been erring on the side of taking too few leaves.

Should I do some defoliation here? If so how heavy and what should I target?
20240810_201119.jpg
20240810_214619.jpg
Great work so far my friend. :welldone:
Reducing foliage will make it easier for your dehumidifier to keep up.
You have a lot of mass in a confined space.
I use an 8" Turbo fan to clear my flower room of humidity, works well.
Anything below the light line will be practically useless and can be removed, helping rh.
Make sure you have plenty of air moving under the canopy.
Just curious what are you feeding them?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thank you for the reply! Ordered a much more powerful dehumidifier and am returning the one I got.

I took some leaves off last night but will take more off today when the lights go on.

Very concerned about removing too many leaves. I'm not sure what is too much, especially now that it is in the flower stage. I have been unable to find a clear answer online. Like everything to do with this hobby the answers seem to be directly conflicting. Both camps stating that you will lose yeild and/or quality if you don't do it their way.

I am feeding them a blend of the GH line

Following some videos and the guy has the mixture and target ppms and ph listed

He advocated dunking your plants, but I wanted to use a screen so I installed the watering system. It is hit or miss that I get runoff from the soil on each plant

Thank you for the reply! Ordered a much more powerful dehumidifier and am returning the one I got.

I took some leaves off last night but will take more off today when the lights go on.

Very concerned about removing too many leaves. I'm not sure what is too much, especially now that it is in the flower stage. I have been unable to find a clear answer online. Like everything to do with this hobby the answers seem to be directly conflicting. Both camps stating that you will lose yeild and/or quality if you don't do it their way.

I am feeding them a blend of the GH line

Following some videos and the guy has the mixture and target ppms and ph listed

He advocated dunking your plants, but I wanted to use a screen so I installed the watering system. It is hit or miss that I get runoff from the soil on each plant
Make sure you follow the schedule that comes with your nutrients.
It could be the lighting in your pics but they look hungry/ underfed. :Namaste:
I'm not a big fan of defoliation.
If your concerned jus let them be.
You can't harvest what is removed.
Once the buds form you will see exactly what is good and what is larf.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Well that's not good. How can you tell?

just increased the feed mix to 700 ppm above the tap water ppm Last night. The plants are getting about a half gallon each a day broken up over three times. This is a rough estimate based on how long it takes the res to empty.

Should I increase this?

On top of the general hydro line I'm also using some cal mag and some silica

Well that's not good. How can you tell?

just increased the feed mix to 700 ppm above the tap water ppm Last night. The plants are getting about a half gallon each a day broken up over three times. This is a rough estimate based on how long it takes the res to empty.

Should I increase this?

On top of the general hydro line I'm also using some cal mag and some silica
Silica once a week by itself.
Don’t mix it with nutrients.
I’m at 800 ppm pre flower.
See the color difference
View media item 2720986
View media item 2720990
View media item 2720987

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Screenshot_20240811-113621_Chrome.jpg

Silica once a week by itself.
Don’t mix it with nutrients.
I’m at 800 ppm pre flower.
See the color difference
View media item 2720986
View media item 2720990
View media item 2720987

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Screenshot_20240811-113621_Chrome.jpg

I appreciate the elaboration. Raised the ppm of my resovior to around 1050 ppm with a 6.4 pH

Putting silica in spray wand I have to the concentration on the bottle. Will apply that once a week once the resovior empties next.

Do you have a ball park idea of how long it would take the plant to respond to the increases nutes and achieve the desired color from your photos?

I appreciate the elaboration. Raised the ppm of my resovior to around 1050 ppm with a 6.4 pH

Putting silica in spray wand I have to the concentration on the bottle. Will apply that once a week once the resovior empties next.

Do you have a ball park idea of how long it would take the plant to respond to the increases nutes and achieve the desired color from your photos?
Your in coco right?
They should respond quickly to a nutrient increase.
If you start to get close to their limit of nutrients you will see a little burn on the tips of the leaves.
Not an issue just means they are full.
Also in coco you put calmag in your plain water first and mix it well.
Then add nutrients in order.
Last set the PH to 5.8 exactly.
They have trouble eating the complete line of nutrients otherwise.
might also be contributing to their color. :Namaste:
Clones look great nice full pots.:thumb:
i mound the center for better watering and root growth.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Your in coco right?
They should respond quickly to a nutrient increase.
If you start to get close to their limit of nutrients you will see a little burn on the tips of the leaves.
Not an issue just means they are full.
Also in coco you put calmag in your plain water first and mix it well.
Then add nutrients in order.
Last set the PH to 5.8 exactly.
They have trouble eating the complete line of nutrients otherwise.
might also be contributing to their color. :Namaste:
Clones look great nice full pots.:thumb:
i mound the center for better watering and root growth.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thank you, let's see what comes of the clones. Not sure there is enough time for them to really grow. Only other choice was trashing them so I picked this way.

I'm growing in soil inside. Just used fox farm happy frog.

Great to meet you! The good news it with resources like this it should be much easier this time around lol.

Do you have a journal I can follow back?

I'm in a state where I can legally grow so this is wish fulfilments for me. Its something I always wanted to do and now I can without fear of being put in jail because I like a plant lol.
@RevDr: I do have a grow journal. I'll try to get it to you.

Back
Top Bottom