Cherries DubeLee In A S.I.P. - An LOS Grow

CLEAN UP UPDATE. CLONE TIME. A SHEDDING WE WILL GO

Hey all, been at it today! I followed every branch and cut and pinched every new shoot possible all the way to the top. She lost a few whole branches as well. All the good parts got turned into clones for my brother in law. His daughter has a thing for wedding cake and this has half that.

Dropping the net time is getting close!
Trimming the bush.
When you go with clonex products in the rez it's gotta be 5.5 to 6.5 ph
Clonage

This SIP thing is growing on me! I've been LOS in my heart and I have to say a little jealous of hydro growers speed. This is a compromise+ I wasn't expecting maybe!
:thumb:

When you go with clonex products in the rez it's gotta be 5.5 to 6.5 ph
Is that true?? I never knew that. :confused:

:thumb:

Is that true?? I never knew that. :confused:
Yes. I've forgotten and it really matters. Written on the bottle.
That SIPper is luscious before and after losing a few arms!

:eek: :hmmmm:

Me neeths. I had Clonex gel back when I was using the Cloninator® but I can't remember if I ever used it in there. I know for sure I never pH'd the tap water in the bucket so I have no idea what it was. I do recall my tap water being around 7 when I started growing though.
This is for the clonex that's made for the rez. Seperate from the gel.

Yes. I've forgotten and it really matters. Written on the bottle.

This is for the clonex that's made for the rez. Seperate from the gel.
I wonder why it even matters? The cuttings have no roots to be concerned with pH, and I've never heard anywhere else that properly pH'd water speeds up the rooting process. :hmmmm:

I would guess clonex is chelated and can't unchelate at the wrong ph. Just a guess tho...
Ok, but how does that affect cloning? Chelated would matter for nutrient uptake through the roots, of which they have none.

Maybe something like kelp distillate gets released and that's what's having the effect?

Ok, but how does that affect cloning? Chelated would matter for nutrient uptake through the roots, of which they have none.

Maybe something like kelp distillate gets released and that's what's having the effect?
All chelating means is magnetically sticking things together. Its a great way to use magnetics on a molecular scale to combine ingredients in set ratios.

PH will allow hydrogen molecules to swap places with certain ingredients at certain ph's.

They likely had to add some stuff to get the electrical charge correct so the needed stuff, willow root, yucca extraxt, etc would attract to the chelator in the right amounts, but they don't want the extras to get unlocked so they use extras that won't unchelate at a recomended ph.

Just guessing tho.

It could also be that they have added a bit of cal and mag and when roots appear the ph is already set for hydroponic intake.

If I were the maker of it I would try to cover both reasons. Then put a patent on it.

U

I think this stuff is there so they'll have something other than the leaves to use to start growing as their new roots get started.
In that case it would probably need hydro conditions for them to take it up.

And, I guess we have to note, we are not talking about the cloning gel, but rather another product designed for rooting,  and rooted cuttings.

I guess it would be interesting to see if the gel says the same thing. I'll see if I can dig up a bottle to check.

Ahh, I thought you were talking about the cloning gel.
I didn't know they had a nutrient solution for freshly rooted clones.
There you go. I realized they offered it and tried it. I haven't looked back! It's the magic formula for me!
The plant looks two tone as the upper is growing so much faster ? I guess either way
It is two toned now that it's moving. I believe it is due to fast growth. I'm watching for the original new leaves to darken up. It seems to be happening. They are much lighter than the soil only leaves. I hope that's normal with this method.
U

I think this stuff is there so they'll have something other than the leaves to use to start growing as their new roots get started.
In that case it would probably need hydro conditions for them to take it up.
By the time they're rooted in two weeks they will have a new node or two grown.
Idk about now. But back years ago there was a gel stuff for hydroponics. Especially for it . Can't remember the name. Gel x should have it. Can't really read that post on the label. But looks similar to it. It say for hydro
Yep, or you can soak starter cubes in it.

Highya SO,

Lovely lady!! Very happy and 2 shades of green! New growth looks very plentiful! I didn't come by yesterday. Sorry. We got about 6 in. snow up here. Ugh!! Shoveling, sweeping, clearing ice off the car. Looks like she's giving you all she has, and happy about it! Good work Stone! Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

Lovely lady!! Very happy and 2 shades of green! New growth looks very plentiful! I didn't come by yesterday. Sorry. We got about 6 in. snow up here. Ugh!! Shoveling, sweeping, clearing ice off the car. Looks like she's giving you all she has, and happy about it! Good work Stone! Happy Smokin'
Thanks for the kind words Bode! I'm sitting on my hands! This SIP is doing all the work. I hope the two colors become one soon! I think they are. 3 nodes of growth this week are the first since the 2 week apparent shutdown she was in. That's pretty cool. The soil has all she needs, if she can access it we're golden.

I haven't looked under the cover yet even. Just pouring water in. I'm glad to be getting ready to drop the net. I'm too high to do it now. Tomorrow for that. :D

We got about the same snow. I've been at it like you too. It's a nice day today right around freezing. It's jan 21! We're a month away from the end of february! I'm having thoughts of the summer grow!

I think you're more positive than I am! Lol! Happy Smokin'

Back
Top Bottom