Cbdhemp808's Comparison Grow - HI-BISCUS SIP Bucket Vs. Nursery Pot

Hi Azi :ciao: I take it this means a surfactant would help the water stick to the soil particles. With the current result of most of a gallon going straight to the reservoir, what do you think the addition of aloe juice to the water would have done? How much aloe juice? I just happen to have some fairly good size aloe in pots right now.
Do you think that the soil got moistened on the way by or does it seem like there are still dry pockets?

You don't need much aloe, but aloe in itself it's a great amendment for your plants.
Yes, you should, but you should think about growing it in your garden. Aloe can act in place of soap when using a foliar to help the liquid spread more evenly and better adhere to the leaves than the same spray would without it. When you shake it, it will foam up.

In addition, you can run whole leaves through a blender and feed that to plants for a pretty broad supplement. Also, I've used it in place of rooting hormone.

Here's a good video on using aloe in the garden:

Do you think that the soil got moistened on the way by or does it seem like there are still dry pockets?
I think it all got totally moistened. I mean, this is basically the soil mix I've been using for years in either fabric or plastic pots, and I've been top watering to runoff and keeping the wet/dry cycle. So, the results are what you've seen on the forum here. Whether or not aloe would cause more water to be retained in the soil, I don't know. But it sounds like a good idea to add it regardless, so perhaps I will start doing that for some of the waterings. I have some decent size plants with big leaves. I can run some through the blender w/ water and keep in the fridge, maybe with a small amount of ascorbic acid.

The new thing now for me is that the runoff is caught in the reservoir. The fact that most of the gallon went quite rapidly into the reservoir is mysterious to me. I mean it's just new territory to catch runoff and know how much runoff is there. I also noticed that a few hours after adding the gallon, the reservoir level was down slightly below 3", so it went down a little quite rapidly, so perhaps either the roots drank from the rez or there was some wicking.

DAY 14

SIP rez level is down to 2-1/2" from 3-3/8" yesterday (full).

HEIGHT... SIP - 26.00", POT - 26.00", Δ 0.00

EDIT:
SIP rez level has dropped 1/4" in 2 hrs 15 min. Greenhouse temp. 87°F, RH 63%.

Back
Top Bottom