CatfishKnight's Grow Room: 420's MarsPro Cree128

Ok I broke down and my Grow Room is not totally enclosed now.
I put in a Temp Control Device, using small usb cooling fans for entertainment centers, that will come on say at 80 degrees or any Temp I set it to, and start pulling air from underneath my house which will be a Cooler Temp.

20151214_085434.jpg

Here is the 1.5'x1.5' box I built and connected to the underneath vent going under my house.
20151214_085454.jpg

Closer View & Yes I have a filter inside of it...
20151214_085506.jpg

The other usb controlled fans are at the top of my 8x10 Grow Room
20151214_085533.jpg

Outside of room looks like this.
20151214_085552.jpg

Just by using those small Usb temp controlled fans my Temp hardly ever goes above 82 degrees in the Room Now.
Average C02 in the Room is just like outdoors which runs 350 to 500 ppm.
So I might never have to use my Co2 unit now at all.
Which is fine, unless it drops below 350 ppm in the room then my Co2 unit will kick in to supply it up to 600 ppm.
Not up to 1500 ppm. :)
Trying to keep the Room as normally as possible.

They all died except for 3 little ones. They still look a little sad but are really improving.
I took them right out of the Moisture Dome put them in the room with the fans going and it zapped them, wilted.
My Pepper plants that had not sprouted yet I removed them from the moisture dome and let them sprout in the open with the fans going and they are just great.
So I planted 5 more marijuana seeds like normal and no moisture dome... Lol.
Learn from experience.
Thanks for asking Canad420
How are the plants coming along?

Hmm from seed you shouldn't even need a humidity dome. I just get the taproot out of the seed and plant them directly into my 5 gallon coco pots. If you want to start them in smaller containers thats ok too but just let um sprout in your soil.

The reason I did the moisture dome is that is what I did with the Trinidad Peppers, according to website info. I had a heating pad on it with a temp probe inside for the right heat and etc. They are hard to start growing and then the moisture at the base would make them fold over. Finally after helping my wife build her outdoor greenhouse, she is the REAL Gardener, I just planted the seeds into the soil only and let the sun do the rest in her Green House. I had almost 100% success rate then. So when I built my grow room I did my old habit of moisture dome. Failed miserable. Lol.
Hmm from seed you shouldn't even need a humidity dome. I just get the taproot out of the seed and plant them directly into my 5 gallon coco pots. If you want to start them in smaller containers thats ok too but just let um sprout in your soil.

The reason I did the moisture dome is that is what I did with the Trinidad Peppers, according to website info. I had a heating pad on it with a temp probe inside for the right heat and etc. They are hard to start growing and then the moisture at the base would make them fold over. Finally after helping my wife build her outdoor greenhouse, she is the REAL Gardener, I just planted the seeds into the soil only and let the sun do the rest in her Green House. I had almost 100% success rate then. So when I built my grow room I did my old habit of moisture dome. Failed miserable. Lol.

You can read and people can advise all they want, but there is no better teacher than experience. :)

The room is looking great CFN,

If you get the Trinidad Scorpions growing I'd love to see how. I'm a fellow chilli-head too :)

I have been growing the 3 plants for about 2 years. I got over 100 peppers off of them. I just planted the new world's hottest the Carolina Reapers. Out of 9 seeds only 4 spouted. 2 in coco soil and 2 from the rapid rooter plugs. :)

Hi Catfish,

I looked at the Reapers but they are very fussy plants to grow. Can take over 2 months just to germinate (when they can be bothered germinating at all). You've obviously got the gift if you can get nearly 50% sprouting. If you could sneak in the occasional picture of the Reapers amongst the buds you'd make an old chilli head very happy.

Cheers

Hi Catfish,

I looked at the Reapers but they are very fussy plants to grow. Can take over 2 months just to germinate (when they can be bothered germinating at all). You've obviously got the gift if you can get nearly 50% sprouting. If you could sneak in the occasional picture of the Reapers amongst the buds you'd make an old chilli head very happy.

Cheers

Hi Max. Pm me and I will send you a picture. This forum will take the pics away unless it is only MJs. I had 4 but the runt is drying up or wilting. I didn't know it could take 2 months to germinate. I threw away the others after 4 weeks. Lol

Just came across your journal. Really nice settup. I will be looking forward to seeing your grows.

Thanks Lab... Seedlings are growing... :)

After losing most of my original little ones from the moisture dome, and also over watering they are looking a lot better.
6 Mj's total, and the 3 in the back left are the Carolina Reapers.
The 2 Smaller Mj's little ones are about a week old.
Finally looking better.
20151230_171814.jpg

:circle-of-love:wow, congrats! CatfishKnight! They look great! And Happy new year!:cheer:

Thanks Sara. You have a Fantastic 3 days off. You deserve it!

Back
Top Bottom