Casey Jones #2

Aw that sucks you had to give up on the old model. I've not been getting good veg results under those either, (or any LED's) at all either. But when flowering time comes, they aren't so bad alone, and easily are enough for side lighting when you're running a Mars II like I am. (Mars II's really are a cut above, I realize this now, and I kinda regret buying 2 Old Model's instead of another Mars II or reflector series... that low price is just so attractive for multiple units) - you should try flowering under the old model with a plant or 2 and see if it likes it, there's much more red in the spectrum than blue... I'd hate for you to have wasted your money :\

Yeah I'd recommend getting a high output t5 for veg like you brought up though. Less stress, less cal-mag deficiencies (even in my living soil I get a tiny cal/mag deficiency under them, the breakdown process in the SFW has a hard time keeping up, though the Ca and Mg is definitely in the soil) and just nice green vigrous growth under them.

Casey Jones is an awesome strain, elite imo, can't wait to see you grow that :) subbed. Hope you'll be harvesting big sweet buds soon b.real! Sending my best vibes! :love:

I think all your good vibes finally reached me because both of my casey jones plants are unfolding!

c526, I'm going to give the leds a go one more time. thanks for the heads up about the 70 watt hps.

soilgirl, what distance did you keep your leds during veg that you had issues? I want to switch to leds after the first week or two. I'm going to start at 18-20" and let them grow into the light.

oldschoolbud, I don't notice a difference in potency between my bud and strong street weed. my bud is definitely more flavorful and smooth though. as long as the plants healthy you can get strong smoke 12/12 from seed.

mono, the temperature drops to 50 degrees fahrenheit lights off. it's got to be rough for them, but I think they'll pull through.

closetorganic, skunnymonster, danishoes21, akisunni, green dreamz, dennise, hoochkid, and everyone else I forgot to mention, :thanks: so much for your continued support. I hope we see beautiful things happening in my garden.

IMG_080223.JPG
IMG_080025.JPG
IMG_079824.JPG

Hey B.....50f is kind of cold....i know it slows teh growing process, but i wonder if it isnt stunting them as well.....can you not put a little heater in there just to keep it maybe high 60s?.......i have heard that cold can definately have an adversed affect on the girls.....as well as big temp differences between lights on and off:)........sorry if someone touched on this already:)

Congrats on the beans braking ground buddy :) I have to agree with Mr Dreamz & say 50's too cold & it will stunt them. Can you fit a heated mat in there? It'll keep the ambient temps up a bit but more importantly keep your soil warm.

Like everyone said, the cold temps will hurt. But it will be cool to watch you grow cfl, and then switch to led. I will certainly be watching this and see how a 12/12 does with the two different lights. I'm hoping to drop my Herbies beans within the next month. I may do a cfl/led switch depending on how yours do.

My babies have been under LED's since they were about 10 days popped.... I even had them under the Spider16 until I shut everything down to install fans and filters and they loved it... they were reaching for the light.... I did keep it about 5' above the girls.... I have them now under a Top Led 48x3w about 3' and they are thriving and growing extremely well.... Congrats on the new babies b.....:circle-of-love:

I'm going to run the leds in a week or two and hope for the best. I think I can make it work.

I can't really do anything about the temperature. how much do heating mats cost?

170 posts deep and I only have four small plants to show -_- I'm thinking about revegging the two that were stunted by the leds, but I'm not sure yet.

one of the plants is a bit behind the other so she's spending some time with me under my lamp to catch up :)

IMG_080529.JPG

I'm sure you have mentioned it, but truth is, I just too lazy to thumb through the entire journal. So... What type(s) of cfls do you run? Do you switch them up once full flower sets in? I don't think I remember you saying you switch them before (during your last grow)

Edit:I know we are talking about switching to led later this grow, but what about your previous?

I use a combination of 3000k (warm white) and 6000k (cool white) bulbs.

on a different note, I didn't need to buy a lux meter. the free lux meter application I downloaded on my phone is pretty accurate. for example, my lux meter reads 1700-1800 lux just above my sprout (pictured above) and my lux meter app. reads 1800-1900 just above my sprout (pictured above). when the grow area turns on in a couple hours I'll let you guys know how many lux those 5 cfls are putting off to my plants.

edit: I'm getting a reading of about 35,000 lux above both sprouts.

seedling mats are under 20,or ya could use a heating pad with a towel over it,they get way warmer than a seedling mat

I vote cold as a issue after seeing what has happened to me this week.

we might have one let me look. how long would I have to run it?

If ya had a timer you could cycle it off and on, I'm sure those would love you
To get the soil into the 70,
Back when I was growing in Ontario we could keep the storage water at 77 in the winter
As to not shock the roots.

I agree, my mat only claims to increase temps up to like 10 or 15 degrees warmer than ambient temps. Also, because my mat couldn't warm just 2 gallons enough, I lost clones. Mats only produce maybe just a little more than say a router does for seed sandwiches. I didn't know cold water could shock the roots. Maybe I should get fish tank heaters in my flowering res being in the attic and all. I struggle to get up to low 70s (air temps) during the day.

I use a combination of 3000k (warm white) and 6000k (cool white) bulbs.

on a different note, I didn't need to buy a lux meter. the free lux meter application I downloaded on my phone is pretty accurate. for example, my lux meter reads 1700-1800 lux just above my sprout (pictured above) and my lux meter app. reads 1800-1900 just above my sprout (pictured above). when the grow area turns on in a couple hours I'll let you guys know how many lux those 5 cfls are putting off to my plants.

edit: I'm getting a reading of about 35,000 lux above both sprouts.

Interesting Im downloading this app right now. Congrats on the baby sprouts :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom