Sure! Get your gut in there and feel! :green_heart:
Thank you Otter, so you reckon I can drought this plant even with the calcium deficiency? Is now a good time?

I think those flowers are pretty AF and you should follow Otter's advice!
Thank you Shed, ok I will give it a try then.

Interesting to note that Gelato 2's leaves are also drooping even though it's a very healthy plant. Could just be how it grows?
I don't think so because they perked up on my G1 plant after the second flush. Also, looking at other people's Gelatos they are not droopy. This plant's droop has been a concern.

Parmesan drought day 1

Some random buds to check trichome development. Ordinarily I would be watering the Parmesan today but it will be drought day 1 instead.

Let's hope these flowers pack on the trichomes going forward.

Got your leaf and starting angle sorted out?
I can't figure out how the app works so I will have to go by eye. That leaf in my last round of pics is the one I have marked for this purpose.

Not sure which leaf and stem you're using! There's one leaf in that pic and where it's connected to the stem is blocked by a bud. Is that where it comes off the branch, from inside that flower?

Leaf angle 1 Parmesan  .jpg

If that's the right one, I found in a protractor plugin for Chrome. Here is the current angle:

1694391027560.png

95º, so a 50% change in leaf wilt angle would be 95+47.5=142.5, which would be here:

1694391147939.png

According to Caplan, that's when you would end drought. What actually happens is entirely up to you. :)
Thank you for doing the protractor thing. This is the leaf I was using. Let's get the drought on now :)

It's that time again... what time? Trichome time!

I have decided not to drought this plant because of the deficient calcium. I reckon the flowers probably need the calcium more than they need to be drought stressed, in order to produce more and better trichs. What do you think?

See someone say moderate levels of nitrogen and phosphorus work best to sustain trichome growth to the maximum level.

See someone say moderate levels of nitrogen and phosphorus work best to sustain trichome growth to the maximum level.
Hi Valerie,
Thank you. It should have enough nitrogen and phosphorus in the soil to sustain bloom. I am not sure how the calcium deficiency affects nutrient absorption. I think lockout can be a potential threat. I don't think that is the case with this plant though, as we are not seeing any other deficiencies at this time.
I am looking forward to working with new soil as I am not sure how much of the problems I experience can be attributed to the soil I am using in this grow.

Yesterday I focused on my Parmesan auto and the controlled drought. Today I focus on the second Gelato auto plant.

The first Gelato auto plant was harvested at 85 days. This second Gelato auto plant is 76 days from sprout and 26 days in flower. The previous Gelato plant spent 46 days in flower. Let's see how this one goes. I wonder if it is too soon to start snipping for bud back building. I think I will do all the flowers this time. There is no doubt the snipped Parmesan buds are building bulkier than the non-snipped ones.

I hope you have a good Monday and a great start to a new week!

Yesterday I focused on my Parmesan auto and the controlled drought. Today I focus on the second Gelato auto plant.

The first Gelato auto plant was harvested at 85 days. This second Gelato auto plant is 76 days from sprout and 26 days in flower. The previous Gelato plant spent 46 days in flower. Let's see how this one goes. I wonder if it is too soon to start snipping for bud back building. I think I will do all the flowers this time. There is no doubt the snipped Parmesan buds are building bulkier than the non-snipped ones.

I hope you have a good Monday and a great start to a new week!
How are they smelling Carmen they look beautiful.

How are they smelling Carmen they look beautiful.
Thanks Absorber! The Gelato smells like apricots and is very strong. I can't make out what the Parmesan smells like but it is the secondary smell. The apricot smell is dominant as I enter the room. Together they are mighty fragrant. I often wonder if it affects the neighbours. Nobody has said anything to me yet 🤔

I'm looking at all of the canopy training in people's tents and I thought I should share a shot of the Parmesan for fun. Here is the plant in natural light. I thought the sun catching the buds was an attractive look.

Back
Top Bottom