You guys are already learning things... Excellent!

Understanding mycos role and capabilities will help further things.

Not once did I mention detriment to microbes directly, but if myco doesn't share exudates with a specific herd they too will go dormant. The exudates from the plant get delivered as myco sees fit.
Thank you! I was going to ask you to point me to the explanation you gave of this relationship between myco and herds. I want to find it and bring it in here for reference.
Keep reading.

Jeff Lowenfels is a great source. Dr Albrecht is another.

I have posted a couple videos that are very educational.
You're a 💫 Gee, much appreciated.

I am stepping out of this arguement. I have been involved with it too many times.
I hear you and I thank you for your input. I have learnt so much from you about how organics works and high brix grows. You are always so helpful.
"In our research, we have observed that fertilizer applications increase enzyme activities related to nutrient cycling. This greater enzyme activity can be compared to the total microbial biomass. We could find that fertilizers promote microbial growth and activity as opposed to killing the microbes or decreasing their activity. Greater enzyme activity and microbial biomass, indicators of good soil health, can benefit from fertilizer which shows that fertilizer can also build healthy soils."

Doesn't sound like they've finished their work. :(
Nope. It certainly sounds like they have a ways to go with their research. I have subscribed.
Home cannabis growers aren't applying chelates at a high enough concentration to affect the environment.
👍
I always recommend the correct ratio of synthetic nutes for folks with failed organic grows, of which there are many. We're growing plants to harvest our meds, and I see no reason to hew to an organic "ideal" to the peril of the harvest.
Understood. This is what is important to me now :thanks:
All the advice about organic soil is great for the next batch you mix/buy, but it doesn't save the current failing autoflower.
Right, and I have every intention of continuing with the organics next round. The soil I have now will be dumped in the garden where there is a bed of clay sand on top of builders' rubble.

This :thanks:

Thanks Otter! Since Gee was so adamant about synthetic nutes messing up organic soil, saying: "the rhizosphere will suffer greatly and the organic grow is destroyed" and "You shouldn't mix the 2," I was wondering about how he felt having told you that Sweet Candy was okay to use. It's absolutely a synthetic nutrient as I pointed out in your journal.
I'm seeing other "mixing" going on. Like over in the SIP thread today. I don't know if there's a tipping point or what? It's not what I've read as the way to go in the past. Gee and I have read the same history. It's interesting. I don't want to say I'm "all in" yet, but I'm not out.

There's always the ways they feed and not wanting to change that up mid grow like the water roots and soil roots are different, so goes the uptake of nutes. So much to wonder on.

I'm seeing other "mixing" going on. Like over in the SIP thread today. I don't know if there's a tipping point or what? It's not what I've read as the way to go in the past. Gee and I have read the same history. It's interesting. I don't want to say I'm "all in" yet, but I'm not out.

There's always the ways they feed and not wanting to change that up mid grow like the water roots and soil roots are different, so goes the uptake of nutes. So much to wonder on.
Very interesting Otter, thanks for sharing! It is a lot to wonder on and I feel I am still reading Cannabis 101, that shyte is way over my head advanced! The synthetics from the bottom and organics from the top approach is extraordinary.

Greetings,

Screenshot (768).png

I removed the Gelato auto 1 from the pile of soggy compost and am relying on Nourish, Calmag, Myco and Microbes to keep the plant happy until harvest, watered from the top. All three plants are getting the same stuff now.

Today all three plants got water and calmag.

Here are some flower pics.

Thank you for looking in, and have a good night!

I saw nourish advertised here last night. Looked same mix different brand.
Oh really, that's interesting. Also made from beets and potatoes?
So thats day ~60 and day ~75? How long are they indicated for?

Nick
Good question! Gelato 1 looks like it's getting close.
Well here's the thing, Herbies says this about the Gelato:
  • The plant finishes the whole cycle (veg + flowering time) in 8 weeks. (mid Aug)
Biltong & Buds say this about the Parmesan:
  • Auto Parmesan seeds require no separate light cycle and will be ready in as little as 68 days from seed. (mid Aug)
However, they both started flowering late and are completely off schedule.

Beautiful photos!
:bravo:
Thank you Preston! :)

I'd like to know from @Krissi Carbone if it is too far along to attempt a bit of bud building on a bud or two? They are little thumb sized buds (thicker though) with not a lot of trichomes I wonder if there is something to be done like the bud building or even a drought?

Thank you Preston! :)

I'd like to know from @Krissi Carbone if it is too far along to attempt a bit of bud building on a bud or two? They are little thumb sized buds (thicker though) with not a lot of trichomes I wonder if there is something to be done like the bud building or even a drought?
Hi Carmen! Looking wonderful! So happy you once again have ALL your plants super happy!

You have time for back building on two, Gelato 2 and your Parm Auto! You can drought any of them at Week 6/7 of flower so you are coming up on that for the remainder of the bunch also!

With back building buds, it is started right at Week 4. The smallest of topmost snips, 1/8-1/16th of an inch. I have never back built an auto but based off of obvious reasons, I would encourage you to go for the smaller snip being they are smaller plants! You can repeat this process once a week through harvest if you would like! I do recommend finding a bud you will NOT touch so that you can compare as time goes on, the huge difference in development!

I would generally say 7/8 weeks for a drought to start but with autos, if they are quick finishers, sometimes it is best to start a week early but that's totally up to you! At this juncture, I would encourage you to find a leaf on the soon to be droughters that you would like to use as a reference point for LWA. That leaf will be your guide as to when to stop droughting and rehydrate the girls.

I'm looking forward to either technique seen from your hands my SAfrican friend!

Hi Carmen! Looking wonderful! So happy you once again have ALL your plants super happy!

You have time for back building on two, Gelato 2 and your Parm Auto! You can drought any of them at Week 6/7 of flower so you are coming up on that for the remainder of the bunch also!
This might be a right time for the Gelato 1 plant. What do you think?
With back building buds, it is started right at Week 4. The smallest of topmost snips, 1/8-1/16th of an inch. I have never back built an auto but based off of obvious reasons, I would encourage you to go for the smaller snip being they are smaller plants! You can repeat this process once a week through harvest if you would like! I do recommend finding a bud you will NOT touch so that you can compare as time goes on, the huge difference in development!
I think I'll do a few buds and mark the ones I've done for comparison. I'm nervous!
I would generally say 7/8 weeks for a drought to start but with autos, if they are quick finishers, sometimes it is best to start a week early but that's totally up to you! At this juncture, I would encourage you to find a leaf on the soon to be droughters that you would like to use as a reference point for LWA. That leaf will be your guide as to when to stop droughting and rehydrate the girls.

I'm looking forward to either technique seen from your hands my SAfrican friend!
Thank you Krissi :)

This might be a right time for the Gelato 1 plant. What do you think?
I think it's time! Yippee!
I think I'll do a few buds and mark the ones I've done for comparison. I'm nervous!
I was nervous too! I always am when doing things for the first time! Heck the first time I saw my 1st plant in drought, I damn near had a heart attack and my BP rarely gets above 100/70! But the more you do, the confidence grows and this nervousness will all be a memory!
Thank you Krissi :)
Of course, please lmk if I can help as you go on through thr processes!

Of course, please lmk if I can help as you go on through thr processes!
I've taken the first steps! Thanks Krissi.

I selected four branches and chose the main cola on each branch to snip. I've marked the branches by tying a piece of pipe cleaner around them.

I've taken a pic of this leaf to compare for droughting purposes. Here I go.... not shitting myself at all 😅

Fun and games woohoo! :woohoo:

I've taken the first steps! Thanks Krissi.

I selected four branches and chose the main cola on each branch to snip. I've marked the branches by tying a piece of pipe cleaner around them.

I've taken a pic of this leaf to compare for droughting purposes. Here I go.... not shitting myself at all 😅

Fun and games woohoo! :woohoo:
Perfect!! You got this girl, even if you have to buy some extra who-whos from Victoria's Secret to hold you over :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom