Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Thanks, GDB! - Yes, she did stop just in time!...I was a little worried after your "outside the box" comment the other day. :oops:

I even came up with a plan to make the box a little taller, if need be..I really didn't want to have to do that..
You off the floor yet? 😁
Ha! I'm actually still fairly flexible, for an old fart...
Now, if Mrs.C. took that pic, she'd still be laying there...😁

I even came up with a plan to make the box a little taller, if need be..I really didn't want to have to do that..
Maybe you could just make a new box once this one has served its useful life, and make the new one from a taller source box. Could use a platform for the plants most of the time but would give you some options for a particularly tall girl.

make the new one from a taller source box.
Thanks, Azi- I have thought about that, but it's pretty rare for me to grow one this tall- they usually stop growing at apx 20" tall- a GSC 2 years ago was the only other one to ever reach the limit in there..
She’s perfection in every way. :love:
Thank You so much, HH!
If I had my druthers...
I'd druther she was about 4" shorter...:) but I'll make it work..

Maybe you could just make a new box once this one has served its useful life, and make the new one from a taller source box. Could use a platform for the plants most of the time but would give you some options for a particularly tall girl.
Hush your mouth!

I called the box ugly once and all but got lynched by C Man’s disciples!

That ugly box is a 420 Magazine way of life. You have to accept it.

Hush your mouth!

I called the box ugly once and all but got lynched by C Man’s disciples!

That ugly box is a 420 Magazine way of life. You have to accept it.
Nah, I love the box. But a slightly taller version would offer more options. Hell, could even put some storage under a shelf that supports the plant.

Might be hard to replicate the stickers though...

last Monday before Christmas
'Twas the last Monday before Christmas and all through the box
The plant was stupendous, it could knock off your socks!
she grew 5.5 inches in the last week..for a total of 16" of stretch
Holy moly I had no idea plants could read the marking on the back wall. Nice. :thumb:
It's also day 12 of the RxBlend nutes, which I started using on her day 50 in the Grow Dots/SIP- and they seem to be working very well.
Give it long enough and you and GDB managed to get this Dots thing down to a science!
I turned the light down to 175w (from 210) so the tops don't get fried- 57k lux at the canopy should be enough to keep her happy..the canopy is 12" from the light
Now that I'm doing a tent-only grow, I'm really thinking I see the difference between strip lights and a single bar like my Mars SP250. It puts all the intensity into a 4" strip down the middle which really seems to work near max power but hung high. My strip lights in the shed spread the power across 13 strips and I can run it 6" from the tops without stressing them.

I can't imagine getting the tops to 57k lux with the 250. I've got a NextLight Mega but half of it would stick out of the tent!
I did remove about a pound of leaves and branches on Tuesday...
Excellent thinning down under the canopy, and those long branches are going to be amazing at harvest. :bravo:

! And probably the new heavyweight for you!
Thank You, Stone! ...and you may be right, since this one is going to have some long ol' buds, and a few more of them than the last "big one" I grew in there..
You are a master grower, you really are :)
Thank You, Trala:love: 10 years on 420 must have taught me some stuff...🤪
That ugly box is a 420 Magazine way of life.
It sure is for me, anyhow...
(Prolly should have tested the word C Man verbally before typing it.
At least there's only one of me- C-men would be even worse...😄
Too much C-man sliding off your fingers on the keyboard!
Ewwwwww...("Sticky Fingers" emoji would go here😁)
Might be hard to replicate the stickers though...
You know.... I'm not sure why I started putting stickers on there, but now it's evidently a "thing"...even lil' Nova wants to put stickers on there...and my sons never throw a sticker away without running it past me first...
'Twas the last Monday before Christmas and all through the box
The plant was stupendous, it could knock off your socks!
❤️
Holy moly I had no idea plants could read the marking on the back wall.
That's where the GSC stopped growing too...maybe that's where they say to themselves "tall enough!"
Give it long enough and you and GDB managed to get this Dots thing down to a science!
I think you're right, Shed- I thought a full dose of different nutes would be too much, turns out, it's just right..obviously, any residual nutes leftover from the Dots, isn't something we need to worry about...
Actually, GDB figured this stuff out waaayy before I did, so the lions share of the credit goes to him👍
Excellent thinning down under the canopy,
Thanks, Shed!- I've still got a lot of de-larfing to do down there, but that pound of leaves did make a little difference...

Actually, GDB figured this stuff out waaayy before I did, so the lions share of the credit goes to him👍
Oh shit. I hope things aren't about to go south! 😁

Time for the "last Monday before Christmas" Update!
(sorry it's so late, had a family thing earlier...)

The 75 day old Blue Gelato 41 is doing pretty well, she grew 5.5 inches in the last week..for a total of 16" of stretch- she started 12/12 - 20 days ago @ 10 inches tall...
bg41-1.jpg

She's 26" tall now, which, coincidentally, is also the height limit in the ol' box...:oops:...fortunately, she got done stretching yesterday (🤞)...It's also day 12 of the RxBlend nutes, which I started using on her day 50 in the Grow Dots/SIP- and they seem to be working very well.
bg41-2.jpg

That blue sticker on the back wall marks the height limit in the box, so she's right there...nice that she's big, but it makes it hard to get good pics when I/you can't see the whole plant at once...I'd like to bring her out for pics, but she no longer fits through the door.
I turned the light down to 175w (from 210) so the tops don't get fried- 57k lux at the canopy should be enough to keep her happy..the canopy is 12" from the light...
bg41-3.jpg

The view through the big door...it's pretty dark down at the bottom of the plant..it doesn't really look like it, but I did remove about a pound of leaves and branches on Tuesday...
bg41-4.jpg

Had to lay on the ground for this shot...
bg41-9.jpg

Through both doors
bg41-10.jpg

I added a dark background so you can see how she's stacking up- this one is over a foot long.
bg41-8.jpg

A bud- starting to see some trichomes ..
bg41-6.jpg

Another bud- I don't think she could be any healthier right now...I hope that continues..
bg41-7.jpg

So, I think we've finally figured out what to do when the Grow Dots run out of gas.
The Dots feed her for apx. 50 days, so, at the 50 day mark, you start feeding her your nutrients of choice, and it makes for a seamless transition from Dots to conventional nutrients.
No need to wait till things start turning yellow...

It is just that easy...👍

And that's about it for this update,
Thank You for stopping by,
I appreciate your support..:love:

I hope everyone's week is a good one!
Looking fantastic!

Looking fantastic!
Thank You, GB...She does love it in that SIP!

And while I'm here, I want to wish Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone here on 420 :love:

and, a young bud pic :
bg41bud1.jpg

Blue Gelato 41, three days ago.

A merry Christmas to you and all your Carcasses near and far!
Thank you, Shed!
One of 'em is driving in from Arizona this afternoon- he's a grower too, but he just grows a little bit-
Merry Christmas!
Thanks, Grateful! I hope your Christmas is a great one!
WOW! Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you and yours, Stone!

For the first time ever, my journal update will happen on Tuesday, because Monday's going to be a little busy around here....but here's a couple pics from this morning: (@81 days old)

Through the big door....you can't see the tops from here, so...
2a.jpg

Lets look through the little door...
she grew another inch, now she's finally as tall as she's gonna get. (27 inches)..😬
1c.jpg

A little bud, a little frost...
2.jpg

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone, I'll see you on Tuesday..💚

Back
Top Bottom