CaptainLucky's First Indoor Golden Tiger Grow 2023

I don't encourage not having a resting period, until after I'm done with solo cups (so 24/0 for the first few weeks, then after Xplant, I go to 18/6 for a resting period), plants do need some rest, even if it's 4-6 hours, it's just better and healthier for them, and also more forgiving as you give your plant a "healing" period; there's also people who flush their plants, so I can't say others opinions are wrong, as I haven't tried all of em myself, just stating my pov on it.
Everyone should grow their plants the way they'd like!

A lot of light schedule relates to DLI rather than rest periods. I was just giving the botanical science rather than opinions. Here is the science:

Cannabis does not need a dark time as a class C3 plant. It will grow fastest under 24/0, or less if your lights can provide the required DLI in a 24 hour period.

In C3 plants, which Cannabis Sativa is...

C3 plants:
"The C3 cycle is often referred to as a light-independent reaction to the process of photosynthesis. This is because the C3 cycle is not supplied directly by the photons from the ultimate source of light – the Sun."

The 24-0 schedule might speed up the vegetative growth process some. The downside is the higher power bills.

All that said, like you I would encourage everyone to keep the lights on 24/0 for the first couple of weeks. After that it's a blend of DLI, electric bill, and sleeping in the same room!
It just seems kind of logical because in nature there isn’t 24 hours of light. But then again there isn’t a hydro grow either in nature yet they grow fine in it. Idk? Just the way my brain works sometimes.lol CL
Cannabis in nature is seeded and lower in THC than most of what we grow. And half of them are males! We're looking to maximize the cannabinoid content of our flowers, so we do a lot of things with our plants that don't happen in nature.

For example, I don't think you want to flower the way nature does, lowering the amount of light by minutes a day until you finally get to 12/12 three months later! :cheesygrinsmiley:

A lot of light schedule relates to DLI rather than rest periods. I was just giving the botanical science rather than opinions. Here is the science:

Cannabis does not need a dark time as a class C3 plant. It will grow fastest under 24/0, or less if your lights can provide the required DLI in a 24 hour period.

C3 plants:
"The C3 cycle is often referred to as a light-independent reaction to the process of photosynthesis. This is because the C3 cycle is not supplied directly by the photons from the ultimate source of light – the Sun."

The 24-0 schedule might speed up the vegetative growth process some. The downside is the higher power bills.

All that said, like you I would encourage everyone to keep the lights on 24/0 for the first couple of weeks. After that it's a blend of DLI, electric bill, and sleeping in the same room!

Cannabis in nature is seeded and lower in THC than most of what we grow. And half of them are males! We're looking to maximize the cannabinoid content of our flowers, so we do a lot of things with our plants that don't happen in nature.

For example, I don't think you want to flower the way nature does, lowering the amount of light by minutes a day until you finally get to 12/12 three months later! :cheesygrinsmiley:
:cheesygrinsmiley::morenutes: CL🍀:Namaste:

C3 plants:

I didn't know anything about DLI, thanks shed! I love coming on 420mag, just to prove I don't know shit! It's amazing, and I thank everyone for being on this site! ^^
x'D

I didn't know anything about DLI, thanks shed! I love coming on 420mag, just to prove I don't know shit! It's amazing, and I thank everyone for being on this site! ^^

x'D
I think Shed has a photographic memory.lol CL🍀:nomo::reading420magazine::cheesygrinsmiley::Namaste::thumb:

C3 plants:

That’s awesome. Cheers mate. Learnt loads there. Off to buy some Class One Lasers to provide light for my Class Three Plants. From EC to CDs 😂

All jokes aside - that’s a great summation.

Nick

Glad the other 2 are doing well bro:headbanger:going to be a great show.
So, we have 2 GTs or 1 GT and 1 Sour G? :hmmmm: got short term brain lock going on.
Hope you are having a great night.
Cheers
Pretty sure that they’re GT. At least that’s what I’m hoping for. CL🍀 :cheesygrinsmiley:

Golden Tiger shortly before the chop.

IMG-20221113-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20221113-WA0002.jpg

And here's one of the cobs It made
IMG_20230111_133606.jpg

IMG-20221113-WA0003.jpg
This view is phenomenally beautiful, also I love the little stealthy flowers on top x'D

IMG-20221113-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20221113-WA0002.jpg

And here's one of the cobs It made
IMG_20230111_133606.jpg
May I be impertinent and suggest that when you harvest your GT you make at least one Malawi style fermented cob.

The GT is a truly awesome smoke, but the cob takes it to another level still.

My friends who try it say they've never smoked anything like it!.
Honestly with photos like that be as “impertinent” as the Man from Del Monte wishes. I doff my Panama Hat from my immaculate linen suit to you, Sir!

NickHardy & Co

Saying yes to the Man from Del Monte for ever and a day

There’s a famous series of adverts for tinned fruit and juices for the company “Del Monte” - famous culturally in the UK at least.

A really suave guy in a pristine cream linen suit, a panama hat and he’s always in the Central/South American jungle inspecting the fruit on the back of trucks and smelling it.

The catch phrase was:

“The man from Del Monte - likes to say ‘Yes’” as he kisses the most beautiful orange ever on a red clay road in the jungle. Great ads

I’m guessing @Hombre del Monte is familar with the adverts 😂

Back
Top Bottom