CaptainLucky's First Indoor Golden Tiger Grow 2023

Now that I think about it the dimmer switch is in the front and the plug in is in the back so prolly isn’t detachable anyway. CL🍀
I suspect they are both direct on the driver?

I have lights with the dimmers and power same ends and one 320w different ends. The light companies don’t make the driver units. Even the ones they do.

They buy off a driver company. Even the big ones.

Then they buy diodes off a couple diode companies (full spectrum (white) red and UV but don’t do that!) then there are say,

8 versions of Samsung LM301’s. Everyone now uses B’s. H are the latest

Eithin the B’s there are 8 types say. Somthe best B’s? There’s 20 grades. Within each grade there are three grades. And you need 2000 per light.

Plus the preferably Osram Reds.

I got to pick which is sweet! Went LM301H and best of the best bin😅

The driver they picked snd sent me the trade details totally solid.

All the light company does is assemble it on some alumimium bars with electrical cable.

I get to chose the colour the aluminium because it costs them so little and makes me happier

The reason generally drivers aren’t detachable is just the extension connector costs $1 more and they're doing it at scale so there is additonal labour cost.

But the light companies assemble from bulk purchased parts.

They don’t manufacturer drivers or diodes themselves.

Nick

Go to MediGrow website and look at the fold-6 and you’ll see what I mean. CL🍀
So it's somewhere inside that center channel I reckon:
6-660W-LED-Grow-Light-Main-Image-left-view_544x352.jpg

Definitely not an easy access driver!

I’m thinking on top of it and then mounting it to a piece of wood.
Exhaust fan should be the highest thing in the tent.

How much more ducting can you need? Did you buy a 6" piece? :)

I’ll ask my light company people. That length I will have a wild stab in the dark is 105cm

You can run three dimmers off it (full, red, UV) but just has the one in that iteration.

Nick

So it's somewhere inside that center channel I reckon:
6-660W-LED-Grow-Light-Main-Image-left-view_544x352.jpg

Exhaust fan should be the highest thing in the tent.

How much more ducting can you need? Did you buy a 6" piece? :)
I’m using a piece that I had for a dryer but it’s about 4’ 1/2”. CL🍀

I saw someone doing a muffled/baffled for noise outside the tent inline just two days ago. With photos and everything. Stone? Jon?
Saves space at the top as they run out a bottom tent hole.

Nick

This from @StoneOtter?

Wanted to go to bed and the achinese light company started messaging me for next weeks meeting at the farm - then this subject came up 😂

I know a bit about LED manufacturing for grow lights right now

😆

Nick
Well seeing that you are the GJOM winner maybe you’d like to share it with all your followers? I find it interesting but not sure about any of my followers but it’s still a growing topic. CL🍀

4 feet of duct seems like it should be enough to get from the top duct to a roof-mounted exhaust fan, but you do have that slope thing to deal with as well.
That’s why I want to mount it on the outside on top. CL🍀

Update : The ladies all were fed their usual diet of @Prescription Blend after I mixed up a new gl. I’m going to have to tie down my CT after I trimmed her she’s been growing wild. My Panama is looking better and my GT looks great. Same with my Sour G. Hopefully I can make a mount for my fan and get a better handle on the temperature problem. Panama is 37 days old and CT is 31 days. GT is 60 days old today. CL🍀 :thanks: :420::Namaste:

This from @StoneOtter?
It was indeed. Thanks!
Well seeing that you are the GJOM winner maybe you’d like to share it with all your followers? I find it interesting but not sure about any of my followers but it’s still a growing topic. CL
Yeah I’ve alluded to some stuff. They’re not a sponsor here and not sure its their thing. They’re very much focussed on business to business. All made to order rather than them having stock. They’ll make their reference spec but where’s the fun in that?! I might have one of their lights to test next week and then the ones to my spec next month. They have a 1000w to my spec (which is 800w) which I have my eyes on - I mean guys? You donnt need to drag that thing back to China with you! They’re really nice young Shenzhen people. Met 10 of them
Last week and they gave me an actual clear plastic trophy on a wooden plinth in a gold box. Very Chinese business practice. Next week should be huge fun. Some affliate/partner types of my network and doing a medical grow for the government to help write some best practice legislation. Its going to be monitored by one of the big universities here. The license they award will be required for to grow medical grade marijuana for hospital and export use here. I ry, really REALLY! Want them to use the lights I specced out. Be so cool.
That’s why I want to mount it on the outside on top. CL🍀
I think looked like @StoneOtter and the others in that thread put them on the floor. From the top you get warmer air. The bottom wetter air. Maybe ideally you put the inline on a shelf where ever and have two bits of ducting. One for low and one for from high?

Nick

It was indeed. Thanks!

Yeah I’ve alluded to some stuff. They’re not a sponsor here and not sure its their thing. They’re very much focussed on business to business. All made to order rather than them having stock. They’ll make their reference spec but where’s the fun in that?! I might have one of their lights to test next week and then the ones to my spec next month. They have a 1000w to my spec (which is 800w) which I have my eyes on - I mean guys? You donnt need to drag that thing back to China with you! They’re really nice young Shenzhen people. Met 10 of them
Last week and they gave me an actual clear plastic trophy on a wooden plinth in a gold box. Very Chinese business practice. Next week should be huge fun. Some affliate/partner types of my network and doing a medical grow for the government to help write some best practice legislation. Its going to be monitored by one of the big universities here. The license they award will be required for to grow medical grade marijuana for hospital and export use here. I ry, really REALLY! Want them to use the lights I specced out. Be so cool.

I think looked like @StoneOtter and the others in that thread put them on the floor. From the top you get warmer air. The bottom wetter air. Maybe ideally you put the inline on a shelf where ever and have two bits of ducting. One for low and one for from high?

Nick
I was going to use the fan on top for exhaust since we all know that heat rises and the bottom for intake. CL🍀

It was indeed. Thanks!

Nick
Hey Nick. I take air from the top and bottom of the cellar. It's about 4 degrees different in my house. Depends on the season.

I suspect they are both direct on the driver?

I have lights with the dimmers and power same ends and one 320w different ends. The light companies don’t make the driver units. Even the ones they do.

They buy off a driver company. Even the big ones.

Then they buy diodes off a couple diode companies (full spectrum (white) red and UV but don’t do that!) then there are say,

8 versions of Samsung LM301’s. Everyone now uses B’s. H are the latest

Eithin the B’s there are 8 types say. Somthe best B’s? There’s 20 grades. Within each grade there are three grades. And you need 2000 per light.

Plus the preferably Osram Reds.

I got to pick which is sweet! Went LM301H and best of the best bin😅

The driver they picked snd sent me the trade details totally solid.

All the light company does is assemble it on some alumimium bars with electrical cable.

I get to chose the colour the aluminium because it costs them so little and makes me happier

The reason generally drivers aren’t detachable is just the extension connector costs $1 more and they're doing it at scale so there is additonal labour cost.

But the light companies assemble from bulk purchased parts.

They don’t manufacturer drivers or diodes themselves.

Nick

Okay, thanks for the info. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom