CaptainLucky's First Indoor Golden Tiger Grow 2023

Can you dismount the driver and put it outside the tent? That usually cuts down on the heat a fair bit.
Yeah I wish I knew that the Fn thing wasn’t detachable before I bought it. So the answer to your question is no. CL🍀

Ahoy @CaptainLucky,
When I am tinkering with the little ones, I tend to drag me anchors along until she levels out.

Put differently my friend, I make changes to a feed regime a bit at a time. Like the Commodore @InTheShed has advised, you want to push the envelope (tip burning) but you have to be happy with a lush green lamina that has not crossed over that line.

The laws of plant development dictate that the growth of a plant is inhibited by the least available resources. Readily available resources can become a problem when the normal balance of elements is altered to a point where nutritional leaching occurs (nutrition lock) and the plant develops deficiencies we view as leaf burn.

Great gettin to know you mate.
Full Sails to ya

Ahoy @CaptainLucky,
When I am tinkering with the little ones, I tend to drag me anchors along until she levels out.

Put differently my friend, I make changes to a feed regime a bit at a time. Like the Commodore @InTheShed has advised, you want to push the envelope (tip burning) but you have to be happy with a lush green lamina that has not crossed over that line.

The laws of plant development dictate that the growth of a plant is inhibited by the least available resources. Readily available resources can become a problem when the normal balance of elements is altered to a point where nutritional leaching occurs (nutrition lock) and the plant develops deficiencies we view as leaf burn.

Full Sails to ya
I had them all at a percentage they all were happy with I was just trying to push it a little higher but some didn’t like the idea. CL🍀

I had them all at a percentage they all were happy with I was just trying to push it a little higher but some didn’t like the idea. CL🍀
Yeah I’m not one of them. Bang up the EC progressively higher until the tips show it. Drop the lights too while you’re at it and you got your Co2 pouches on the way?

GT is looking nice and compact after the training, and there's an expression around this site that goes something like "if you're not burning the tips you're not trying hard enough."
Like Shed says. Not certain that’s an endorsement of the approach but maybe.
Update; With the outdoor temperature now being in the 60-70s I’m either going to have to turn on the Central a.c. or purchase a portable unit. It’s getting harder to keep the temperature down.Smh CL🍀:idea::Namaste:
Don’t forget your plants are a pretty formidable source of heat and humidify themselves at levels that fluctuate through their life cycle. You’re in max now I reckon. Later veg. Take advantage with some Co2 bags. You can run hotter and wetter and save on the electricity for the AC
Ahoy @CaptainLucky,

Full Sails to ya

Maritimer! Love this. Got the ratings right (Commodore! 😆 Totally!) but also yep totally that and I learnt a bit about how nute lock occurs as part of the lowest common denominator type stuff. Thanks. Makes great sense, eloquently put.

Nick

Yeah I’m not one of them. Bang up the EC progressively higher until the tips show it. Drop the lights too while you’re at it and you got your Co2 pouches on the way?

Like Shed says. Not certain that’s an endorsement of the approach but maybe.

Don’t forget your plants are a pretty formidable source of heat and humidify themselves at levels that fluctuate through their life cycle. You’re in max now I reckon. Later veg. Take advantage with some Co2 bags. You can run hotter and wetter and save on the electricity for the AC

Maritimer! Love this. Got the ratings right (Commodore! 😆 Totally!) but also yep totally that and I learnt a bit about how nute lock occurs as part of the lowest common denominator type stuff. Thanks. Makes great sense, eloquently put.

Nick
Well the outside temperature has been dropping and it’s now in the mid 50s so no more heat issues. CL🍀

Sorted!

Are you sure there are no hidden screws underneath somewhere? My driver didn't look detachable either until I started digging around to see how it could possibly be mounted.
Idk? I’m gonna google it. CL🍀

The girls will be ok with the tent open while you use a really good pair of tools you have to hand swinging the light about and inspecting it whilst dimmed to keep it cool and running a survey on the driver setup. They probably don't document it for insurance/electrical compliance rules.

I think what Shed is saying is, he’s had a light/lights marked as not for driver unload but once he looked he found a safe way to do it the manufacturer doesn’t mention.

How about taking some close up photos of the driver connections and screws for us?

No one is going to recommend anything even remotely risky. But maybe, undo some screws and lengthen a cable is all you need you need to do.

Nick

The girls will be ok with the tent open while you use a really good pair of tools you have to ha d swinging the light about and inspecting it whilst dimmed to keep it cool and running a survey on the driver setup. They probably don't document it for insurance/electrical compliance rules.

I think what Shed is saying is, he’s had a light/lights marked as not for driver unload but once he looked he found a safe way to do it the manufacturer doesn’t mention.

How about taking some close up photos of the driver connections and screws for us?

No one is going to recommend anything even remotely risky. But maybe, undo some screws and lengthen a cable is all you need you need to do.

Nick
You want me to go blind or something? Smh CL🍀

Then an allen wrench is all you need?
To take off the bracket and expose the driver yes. But you have no idea how hard it was to hang the Fn thing by myself and there is no way in hell I’m going through that again! CL🍀

To take off the bracket and expose the driver yes. But you have no idea how hard it was to hang the Fn thing by myself and there is no way in hell I’m going through that again! CL🍀
The drivers I’ll post a link to - they are sealed boxes. You won’t expose anything. If you send a photo the driver its more useful than the light model. I’ll find it on a Chinese website with schematics in a few minutes. Talking to a light company a lot recently. China based for commercial growers. They show me what they can order from trade sites and they build on their frames.

But appreciate its a pain in the… to check. If you want to do it reckon its possible. For me its an & Co thing but I don't have her work ethic. 😅
Nick

The drivers I’ll post a link to - they are sealed boxes. You won’t expose anything. If you send a photo the driver its more useful than the light model. I’ll find it on a Chinese website with schematics in a few minutes. Talking to a light company a lot recently. China based for commercial growers. They show me what they can order from trade sites and they build on their frames.

But appreciate its a pain in the… to check. If you want to do it reckon its possible. For me its an & Co thing but I don't have her work ethic. 😅
Nick
I’m not going through that again ,it took forever to hang the Fn thing so I guess I’ll just have to deal with the heat for now. CL🍀

Is there a top exhaust port above the height of the light? That's where the fan should be.
Yeah but I have to make a way to mount the fan outside the tent. I’m thinking on top of it and then mounting it to a piece of wood. I also need more hose. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom