Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

That reveg was spectacularly beautiful Canna. I need to grow that Dark Devil again. I missed most of it with Dale's dying and all. I totally missed when the colors changed. Next spring I want to grow one on the balcony. It'd be nice to have it go all purple. Love the colors.

Ooooo. Coffee's done. Without Dale I keep forgetting coffee. I make a mean cup, something I shouldn't be denying myself.

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

That reveg was spectacularly beautiful Canna. I need to grow that Dark Devil again. I missed most of it with Dale's dying and all. I totally missed when the colors changed. Next spring I want to grow one on the balcony. It'd be nice to have it go all purple. Love the colors.

Ooooo. Coffee's done. Without Dale I keep forgetting coffee. I make a mean cup, something I shouldn't be denying myself.

It's going to be a change for you for awhile, but you are doing great!

I really wanted to experiment with making a plant turn purple by using the temp changes. Just never got the time to do it.
This one was a basement grow, I couldn't keep it warm in the basement at night and temps dropped very low. It was the only plant that did the purple thing, maybe because it was a reveg....I'll never know.

@ Light Addict....ROFL! I just went to youtube and saw that again. "Mongo like candy..." Too funny! Thanks...:thumb:

UPDATE: INDOOR GIRLS AND LED LIGHT IN USE

Okay, I got the new light hung up and it's shining down the magic light on two plants. I will be switching the Mars Hydro into the shower area and the Budmaster (Luv ya LA!) where the Mars hydro was. I think the Budmaster would be better suited to the larger space because of the wide area of coverage it will give.
The Mars Hydro will fit perfectly in the shower area and will do great with 3 plants, instead of trying to crowd the kids.

So here's the temporary set up:

update_6-28_2.jpg

This is the shower girls from the top. I bent them over just a bit today, and I snipped a couple of large fan leaves off a couple of girls to get some light to lower buds.

update_6-28_3.jpg

These are under Mars Hydro (Luv ya Dennise!)

update_6-28_1.jpg

I will have some close up pictures of the beginnings of buddage shortly.

:circle-of-love:

:rofl: Glad you said "a few"...the one here is not long for this area...

Those plant tops would look lovely on a salad......could have a new high end restaurant menu item.

"Pistil Whipped Salad with Sugar Leaves"

*faint*

20150628_1536583.jpg
20150628_1507251.jpg
20150628_1506421.jpg
Hey cana. I finished my Light from a tower computer. Got total 6 lights.

Not sure if I will continue with the additional outdoor plants or not at this point.
Here's what I woke up to this morning:

Destruction.jpg

I saved two of the overturned plants, one may not survive long.

I don't know if these pots were pulled over by the critter reaching in, or if it climbed over the fence and got in.

After repairing the damage and sitting with a steam on me and a cuppa, I decided I have to understand WHY this is happening rather than HOW. I have never had an issue with potted plants being dug up here before, so what's the new thing that is causing this?

I'm figuring the new amendments that have been added to the soil. Chicken poo, blood meal, bone meal and bat guano. Every pot that has been dug up has this new soil in it. So, the smell of those amendments is attracting either the raccoon's or the woodchuck to the point that they are digging to find it.

I will do ONE more thing to try to solve this for the caged plants, put some chicken wire over the top.
Then find a way to keep a reach in impossible.
If that does not solve it, then I will either can the plan or go to a different soil for outside.

I can't continue to keep fixing this and I won't start protective methods that are going to decrease the light availability to the plants. That would be pointless. With having to fix this constantly and trying to figure out how to protect what's left of the hostas that the rabbits have almost killed off........I'm not having a good time with critters here.

So, off to cutting some chicken wire I go.......after this cuppa.

Problem got deer stuck his head down in there. Stick some wire over top.

Problem got deer stuck his head down in there. Stick some wire over top.

Good thought, but there are no deer tracks around the cage. Just smaller critter tracks, raccoon or woodchuck. There is no desire to eat the plants, which a deer would do. The critter is digging into the soil looking for something....that chicken he thinks is in there. LOL
The wabbit and the Hostas is a proven...I watched him hop across my lawn last night and plant his azz right in front of the hostas and go to chewing. He wasn't happy when I opened the window and yelled at him. Too tired....so went off to bed.

Seriously considering putting a mouse trap or two in the cage. Maybe getting a paw hurtin' will deter the bat rastard. LOL

No worry...I wouldn't do something that cruel.

I looked things over carefully and it looks like the dirt and pebbles were pulled toward the outsides of the cage. The three pots affected most were nearer to the cage and reachable.
I believe whatever did it reached in, there are no footprints inside the cage.

So, here's my fix. I had some screen left over from doing the porch deck, it's wrapped around the cage and much higher..secured to the cage with wire. Hopefully this doesn't block off too much sun, I don't have that problem on the deck..so I'm thinking no issue.

There is no way there can be a reach in now. I'm putting some 2x4's down on the bottom edges so they can't try to lift the screen.

We'll see what happens.

destruction_2.jpg

destruction_3.jpg

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom