Bud's Does A SIP Featuring The ViparSpectra KS5000

Going to add the @DYNOMYCO to my soil when I do this.
I was sceptical Buds. You'll see Em's right again. It changed the whole idea of what my end product was. More of everything I wanted in them! I even had heated conversations with the owner of the company in private way back when they arrived. I haven't missed one dose since seeing the benefits! Better everything!

I don't have the information at hand but years ago I looked into molasses and if it needs to be unsulfured, and found big names in growing saying it doesn't matter.

ya buds just be sure as you check for them, watch for eggs or any unusual patterns, leaf and stems, different hoppers lay different shapes of eggs,, do you have a Jewellers loupe
No, I use a digital microscope. Well, I do have a loupe somewhere. Which one of 15 bins of stuff it's in.... God knows.... lol. I was actually suppose to go through everything this weekend & sort it out. But I've been busy every day for a month straight so I said "Screw It" till next week.

Got my 12 gal. SIP done (almost). The SIP itself is done. Just need to Tap the External Reservoir & run the hose to it.
I'll post pics later today. They're still in the camera as I just finished the SIP. Thinking about testing it tomorrow to see if it works as planned.

I don't use it myself, but I think you're supposed to get the unsulphured version.

I don't have the information at hand but years ago I looked into molasses and if it needs to be unsulfured, and found big names in growing saying it doesn't matter.

ya buds it has to be Unsulphured,, you can also get it at most groceries stores in the backing isle, UNSULFURED
:laughtwo:

Sulfer is added to molasses to kill microbes that then lead to spoilage.

Soooo, if you're running an organic grow get the unsulfered, but if not it doesn't matter.

How great is that?!? Everybody's right. :thumb:

Checked around town (Hydro store, Home Depot & a couple of Nurseries) but nobody carries Nematodes or Lady Bugs.
I can order the stuff on Zon but the 20th is the earliest delivery. Seems like a lot of damage could be done in 8 days. I need an immediate fix. Does the Peroxide & Water kill all Larvae or just gnat larvae ? -OR-
I have on hand something called ECOWORKS EC. Botanical Insecticide, Miticide, Nematicide & Fungicide. Says can be used on the day of harvest. For the control of Insects, Mites, Nematodes & Fungal Diseases. I also have Neem Oil, SNS 209 Systemic Pest Control & SNS 217 Spider Mite Control.
Any thoughts on using any of these things ?
What it really matters the most is it flowering or not? CL🍀

You know, now I'm really not sure if the leaf damage is a "P" def. or from the Hoppers or a combination of both.
When I found the 2 yesterday, I searched the entire plant. Under the leaves, stems, everything & didn't find any more.
This morning when I watered I checked again & didn't find anything. Now I'm wondering if there are more or not or if I should just take precautionary measures & treat it like there is more.
I did add the "P" to the soil yesterday. Top Fed to water it in. Top Fed again today. Back to the res. tomorrow. I guess I'll know if it is just a "P" def. in a week or so.
The Molasses.... Does it need to be the Black strap from the pet store or just any grocery store stuff for making the spray? I was planning to get more traps today since yellow attracts them & I only found the 2.
Unsulfured is what you want. CL🍀

You can make a ez spray with garlic powder, cayenne and Dr.Bonner’s . CL🍀
Yes, it's flowering. If it were in Veg it would be easy to deal with. But lots of bud developing. I searched again today.
Laid on my back looking up at the underside of the leaves & nothing at all. I'm just going to put sticky traps for now & see if I catch anything. If I do, I'll treat it.

Yes, it's flowering. If it were in Veg it would be easy to deal with. But lots of bud developing. I searched again today.
Laid on my back looking up at the underside of the leaves & nothing at all. I'm just going to put sticky traps for now & see if I catch anything. If I do, I'll treat it.
Sounds like a wise course of action, good luck.CL🍀

Before I post this DIY SIP I'd like to ask that nobody post till I'm done posting all the instructions so it all stays together without comments in between. I appreciate your cooperation. Thank You. It will probably take me 3-4 postings to get it done. I'll post "The End" so you'll know I'm finished .

My DIY SIP (12-Gal.)
The "Parts List"
2-12 gal. Bins
1-12 qt. Bin
1-Float Device
1-Wooden BBQ Skewer
1-Ping Pong Ball
1- Tube of Clear Silicone
1- Drain Screen
1-Lg. Grommet for Fill Tube
1-Sm. Grommet for Float/Res Fill Hose to run through
1-piece of Drain Hose for Overflow
1- 10' length of Tubing to run from External reservoir to Internal Reservoir.

Tools I used
Drill
3/8" Paddle Bit
1/2" Paddle Bit
5/8" Paddle Bit
Sheet Metal Snips
Razor Knife
Soldering Iron with a Flat Tip for Slicing & a Round Tip for Holes
Duct Tape

Pic of Components:
23.JPG

So the first thing I did was make my Internal Reservoir which is probably the most important part of a SIP. I tried to follow the original 5 gal. bucket design with a few tweak's for the float device.
I checked the Internal res. for fitment. I didn't like where the Fill Tube would end up so I trimmed off one of the shorter sides of the Internal res. so it would sit a little closer to the side of the bin. That put me about an inch closer to the side. Not much, but it helped a little.
1.JPG
2.JPG

Since I wasn't sure if I could make this Big Hole for the Fill Tube without cracking the Internal Res. I did it first. I put a Box under it before I drilled the hole for support so it wouldn't crack.
Then I traced my Grommet, Drilled a small Pilot Hole & then cut it out with snips. The Hole has to be cut 1/8th of an inch smaller then the grommet you trace.
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Then I installed the Grommet & inserted the Fill Tube to check the fitment. Looked good to me.
6.JPG
7.JPG

Next I installed my Float Device. This requires drilling the 5/8th hole for installation. Be sure to Debur your holes with a Razor or something to ensure I tight leakproof fit.
8.JPG
9.JPG

I made sure my Float would not hit the Top of the res. & stay open allowing the water to keep running. I left about a 1/4" or so gap between the Top of the Res & the Top Of the Float.
10.JPG
11.JPG

After that, I drilled my 1/2" Hole for the Drain / Overflow Hole Fitting. I drilled this according to the instructions that came with the Float. The Drain Hole is about 1/4" higher than the Float Hole I drilled. Doesn't look like it in the pics; but it is.
12.JPG

Install the Drain Fitting like so.
13.JPG
14.JPG

Then I made my slits in the Top with the Flat Tip of the Soldering Iron & the Round Holes along the bottom with the Round Tip. Cleaned up the excess melted plastic the best I could with a razor.
15.JPG
16.JPG

I measured & only needed 2" of Drain Hose to connect the Internal Res to the SIP Grow Bin; so I cut off the 2" piece & connected it.
17.JPG

Next, I finished making my Fill Tube & Water Level Indicator stick. I melted a very small hole in the Ping Pong Ball with a soldering iron & then inserted the Wooden BBQ Skewer. I sealed the hole around the Stick with just a little bit of Silicone. While that was drying I drilled a bunch of 3.8" Holes in my Fill Tube to release water into the res. I made my Tube go all the way to the bottom of the res. so the Ping Pong Ball Level Indicator would not get stuck under it. That's the reason for all the holes in the Fill Tube.
I also used a Sink Drain Screen at the Top of my Fill Tube with a hole in the center of it to guide the Level Indicator.
I removed the outer steel ring around the Drain Screen & kind of molded the screen to fit the Fill Tube & used Heavy Duty Duct Tape to keep it in place.
18.JPG
19.JPG

Whoo Hoo, Internal Res. is Done !

Next I Drilled my holes for the Fill Hose & Drain Hose Fittings. They are both 1/2" holes. I used a small Grommet to run my fill hose through since I had one on hand. Here's a pic of this finished.
20.JPG

Time to install the Internal res. to the SIP Bin. The Drain Hose is hard to get on so it's best to do it first. The Fill Hose is a Pex connector so it's simple to put on.
Here's a couple of pics of the completed 12 gal. SIP.
21.JPG
22.JPG

Only thing left to do is connect the External res. to the Internal res. & I should be good to go. But, the plant isn't ready yet so it will be another 2 weeks most likely before it actually gets used.
I'm trying to think of a good way to test it so I know the Float is working. But I'd have to fill it with soil to create the seal for the internal res. to check it. I'd hate to have water sitting in the res. for 2 weeks before I even up-pot the plant to the SIP so not really sure how to test it before hand.

If anyone sees any flaws in my design.... please point it out a.s.a.p. so I can try to fix it before it's too late. Thanks Guys.

The End !

Morning Buds. You my friend are always a joy to follow along. The innovation astounds and the willing to experiment is how we all learn. I do see a small problem with your float. And this may not be to concerning. I believe the wooden skewer will saturate and with water liking gravity this will eventually fill the ping pong ball. Maybe, maybe not only a little time will tell. SIPS are interesting and your build is spot on. :nicethread:

Morning Buds. You my friend are always a joy to follow along. The innovation astounds and the willing to experiment is how we all learn. I do see a small problem with your float. And this may not be to concerning. I believe the wooden skewer will saturate and with water liking gravity this will eventually fill the ping pong ball. Maybe, maybe not only a little time will tell. SIPS are interesting and your build is spot on. :nicethread:
Ahh, didn't think of that. I'll look for something lightweight plastic like one of those sticks for balloons. Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom