Brightlight's Strain Fest: Organics & LED

re: Brightlight's Strain Fest - Organics & LED

Lots of good points bob. Lol your post came in while I was replying to 4D. You perpetual soil organic growers always have my respect. I always marvel at how well LOS growers maintain a balanced soil & have the right stuff ready in the soil at any given stage.

Say on the Bu's Malibu...I know the NPK is very low all around with dairy cow compost, but it sure seemed to "last" a long time giving me more N in flower than preferred. So I've cut down how much I add to mix. Plus I've always wondered how much salt is in it being a manure based compost? What are your thoughts on those 2 concerns? :Namaste:

I use the BU's blend.. I think it's top notch. I also use Coast of Main lobster compost.. I usually mix either of those 2 in with our own compost to get a nice blend. Coots suggested the BU blend likely cause its local to you all. That BU blend is made from Dairy Cow poop... and other goodies. It's certified bio dynamic .. likely the only compost you don't make yourself that is up to that standard. So yah I don't worry about it and have never had any issue. Usually with me I run out of N since I'm basically doing no-till and nothing but flowers for a year or so at a stretch. Once in a while I get a plant that gets too leafy... not very often tho. I also test my soil so I know if I have too much Nitrogen ... I don't use the BU blend it straight up either, I mix it in with other compost to make my humus portion.

For the mycos in the soil, it's very important to not let the soil get dry. A lot of folks let the soil dry out between waterings. I don't. I like to walk into my flower room and smell soil (bacteria working FTW).. a lot of times that's the case. When I make compost tea, it's basically a cup of EWC and a 1/2 cup of compost most times and water. We get a lot of micro-organisms from that compost tea.

Yeah with LOS, get the compost right and there's not much else to worry about. So I like to mix my own with other quality bagged stuff. Variety.... I'll even go into the woods with a bucket and gather up worm castings... different mycos in forested areas in the EWC (more fungal based instead of bacterial based) than fields so I get some biodiversity mixed in that way too.

We spend a lot of effort composting. Probably the most work we do gardening all year is making compost and that has the mycos in it but always good to add more and different ....

Bob Brown, I dont understand that 100%. My fault, no worries, im a dumb ass. Cash and carry? to me that means no banks for them. That means they have the funds to pay me at drop off if their not testing it. Im an honest fucker living in a dishonest world. I ALWAYS try to practice the golden rule.
I will always be a "specialty grower" never more than a few pounds a year indoor and out.
Thank you for your input.

I don't know there 4D ... I'm old school. I would never make any money doing business like they do it now a daze. Seriously tho, I'd have my bud tested before walking into where ever. Cash and carry or bye bye..

OR "futures". That's how they do most cash crops nowadays. Put up coin BEFORE the seeds go in the ground. Tell me what seeds I should grow, pay me up front before the work gets going. If its a good crop, woohoo.... if not, NOT the farmers loss. They get backed up with crop insurance that's backed up by the government... somehow cannabis bypassed all that, I guess because its still federally illegal. So with that, lets make up our own rules... now we get the ... gotta get it tested before I pay you. I'll pass.... make that puff puff pass. :passitleft:

Willie my 64 yr old friend who gave me the lights came by and said what, no dude get your money when you drop it off. You dont get their weed on credit do you? Made me think of B.brown and cash and carry. Willie has never sold to a club. I told him Im almost there! Its a really good step for me. From now on I throw a 1/4oz through the window with amount and price and if he calls I tell him pay when dropped off. I can really see him only getting trim from me in the future.
B.Brown, thanks, Im going to have mine tested before turned in. Thats how you get half of what they sell it for!!! Bling! Thanks so much 420 mag!

Does anyone know why the majority of club owners here are from Middle Eastern decent? When they act like a bugger im going to say...."I dont believe in Karma either mother fucker" "Im a Jesus freak!" God damn I cant wait for a reason to say it. Fuck Him!! Nature of the beast and I fucking hate it!!

I told Willie I called him back and told him how uncomfortable I was and and reminded him of my health and ptsd. Willie smiled and said dude will pay you he dont want no trouble. Also I told my mom yesterday I sold some to the store. She instantly smiled!!! :) Nice reaction I thought! Its her house and she still dont know about the indoor grow. She knows Ive never sold dope though.

I could go on and on but thats enough on Brightlights thread. BL, my Bananas are monsters and the Pergutorys are too.
Lastly, check out J.Bean co. for all your seeds. Great selection, customer service and we all should support an American co.
Have a great 7/17/17!!! :passitleft:

Morning Bl. I got some yard picks in my photos if anyone wants to see. I think you can click and see without posting???
Something burned my White Master Kush. I think its the Recharge. Those Kush's are not cloning well either. Scotts Og did great so did the Pergutorys. Looks like I will have some mothers in case they turn out great. Scotts is by Rare dank and the pic they have is incredible!!
Fri I went and saw about the Dheart clones incase I need them next week. Bubba kush or Dream queen or Blue dream Im thinking. Awesome the choices!!!!!
The store bought my weed!! 2lbs for a grand, ouch I know but they bought it!!!
These leafs are off the Pergutory. Biggest Ive ever seen. I think I have a Phosphorus def??? Some plants show it more than others.
Great day BL!!
20170714_202812_1500089394306.jpg

Congrats 4D on the sale... making progress.. price, ouch. The test can't be that expensive, so I'd do that ahead of time that way you have more leverage with price. Always good to have leverage. You may find a better customer base doing it like that. 5 large a #, you can do better 100%

I've done business with folks from overseas a lot with my day job (retired now thank God), experience with the folks from India or Pakistan was they always wanted shit free or cost and expected me to make money on the next customer. No thank you very much. bye bye ..... A lot of Russians are like that as well (my wife is Russian). The Russians ALWAYS expect a "deal" so the price gets negotiated. IF no negotiation no sale, simple so I always started with a higher price and worked down to comfortable level of customer & me. That process I can deal with.

Middle eastern folks there's definitely a social difference and they don't assimilate our American values very well... like women's rights. Sorry I have a problem with that BUT it's not my life not my wife so respect and go my ways.

Understanding how it all works tho can be helpful. When dealing with money and pricing, it's always the head of house hold doing business, always look him straight in the eye, tell him your price and expect a lowball counter, then counter with you btm line price, be prepared to walk..... walk. The deal will happen or not.

My guy does it like futures... and waits me out...

Morning Bl. I got some yard picks in my photos if anyone wants to see. I think you can click and see without posting???
Something burned my White Master Kush. I think its the Recharge. Those Kush's are not cloning well either. Scotts Og did great so did the Pergutorys. Looks like I will have some mothers in case they turn out great. Scotts is by Rare dank and the pic they have is incredible!!
Fri I went and saw about the Dheart clones incase I need them next week. Bubba kush or Dream queen or Blue dream Im thinking. Awesome the choices!!!!!
These leafs are off the Pergutory. Biggest Ive ever seen. I think I have a Phosphorus def??? Some plants show it more than others.
Great day BL!!

Congrats on your dispensary sale 4D. No way your Recharge caused the leaf problem. Microbes never burn plants. Looks a lot like a K deficiency or maybe P as both have a similar look. Know you add enough of both so look at poor pH causing a lock out. Poor pH is the culprit for a lot of these problems. Tap water pH issues are usually at the root of these problems...not what is or what isn't being fed to the plant. :Namaste:

Thanks 420.
Brightlight, I Ph all to 6.1-6.7. I thought PH too but I couldent do the PH any better than I am. Ive got two pens and the Bluelab works great. Better than the other expensive one. I got them both down. I check calibration often. Whatever it is BL it affects the clones from the feminized seeds the most. The master Kush mother is looking so shitty Im kinda hoping the clones I took dont take. I dont want to run them. God the original plant did so well in the tent. BL I dechlorinize too. Oh Bl I added some open sesame to the water yesterday, heavy in Phosphorus. They look great today. Foliard with some growbig last night.
The Chiropractor I see on Fri's. said "what for butter" when I said I vended to a club and got about $1.50 a gram. Told him not sure. Ive thought since.....that fuckin doctor thinks I grow crap. Next Fri Im taking him a care pkg. A few grams of all. Im going to mark the bags and tell him I want feedback. Im also going to tell him.....what ever you do dude dont hold it in!! Ha what fun!! :)
B.Brown thanks for the insight. At the very least Im getting the jitters out talking to them. A guy has to start somewhere. That Chiropractor I met through a different collective claiming compassion and actually delivering. A free weekly crack with my Medicare!

You good people think salt water fish added to the whole adds salt too?? Better to use Freshwater fish like a trout instead of an anchovie?? Something as simple as that could ruin.

1yr ago I started my first tent grow. Wow. Yesterday I got the T5's hung and going in the tent. Got to see how much heat. Over 100 deg outside yesterday. Looks like vegging with T5's in summer time is the ticket. I want it up and vegging by next Fri. Those T5's give off some heat too.
What fucking fun people!! Thank you for helping make it successful. Ive got people amazed at my weed, my trim buddys older brother, and Willy.
Im going to tell him (Chiro)......no foolin dude dont hold it in!! The 70's are gone forever!!
Lets get High!! :passitleft:

Another cookie cross from last grow & my "Cookie Tour".....IHG White Velvet. This is Velvet Cookies (@buddoctor cut of Riot's GSCs2) x Platinum. A rare, lesser known but highly regarded cookie cut crossed to '84 UW x Permafrost. Yes the legendary '84 UW! There are a couple of Permafrost versions out there. This is NOT the midwest Permafrost that is Trainwreck x Widow. It is the PNW version, which is probably TW x Oregon Snow. The Platinum genetics were obtained via Annanuki breeder Adam who lives right down the road from IHG boss man.

I liked this cookie strain quite a bit. Right up there with the Pisces Cookie Tang. Very up & active at the beginning but watch out....after 2 bowls it's almost a sure thing "good night" for me. Smooth & tasty. Not a dark purple, more of a pinkish purple flecked through most buds. Cookie lovers will probably like this interesting strain.

IMG_358616.jpg
IMG_358814.jpg
IMG_358913.jpg

:circle-of-love: :peace: :Namaste:

Wow those look like some really yummy buds.. love that purple pink color. The platinum genetics look great.. i just bought a pack of slurricanes from ihg and annunakis sunlounger. Also got an ihg freebie called noahs ark which is jesus og x animal cookies and a freebie of annunakis unreleased strain black cherry soda x pink lemonaid. Pretty stoked.. saw a pic of a bud from the slurricanes before i bought them and it is just absolutely covered in trichromes. Like you cant even see the bud underneath! Hope one of mine turns out that way.. i love the cookie strains though so its good to know about this one. Why i chose the freebie i got.. the other was mendo montage x dosidos, was a tough call. But the slurricanes are dosidos x purple punch so i thought the cookie strain would even things out lol.

Great day BL!!

Hi Dutchess,..wow only a grand for two pounds....yikes....I get 900 for my 1/4 pounds. Couldn't survive selling for that ! How can you manage selling for so cheap Dutchess... and is this what stores buy for down there...are they all like that? Cheers and have a great day Bright, Dutchess and friends!

Hi Dutchess,..wow only a grand for two pounds....yikes....I get 900 for my 1/4 pounds. Couldn't survive selling for that ! How can you manage selling for so cheap Dutchess... and is this what stores buy for down there...are they all like that? Cheers and have a great day Bright, Dutchess and friends!

Hey Duggan, are you legally allowed to sell to stores up there in canada as a home grower? I will be honest, as someone from a state that just legalized recreational cannabis, but has yet to open any recreational stores, I am rather uneducated in these matters. Just curious how your country approaches it relative to ours.

Don't sell to stores....just patients...Canada is still sorting all that stuff out!

Ok, gotcha Duggan. Just out of curiosity Duggan, and I know the answer is probably an 'it depends' answer, but how long does 1/4 lb generally last your patients?

Wow those look like some really yummy buds.. love that purple pink color. The platinum genetics look great.. i just bought a pack of slurricanes from ihg and annunakis sunlounger. Also got an ihg freebie called noahs ark which is jesus og x animal cookies and a freebie of annunakis unreleased strain black cherry soda x pink lemonaid. Pretty stoked.. saw a pic of a bud from the slurricanes before i bought them and it is just absolutely covered in trichromes. Like you cant even see the bud underneath! Hope one of mine turns out that way.. i love the cookie strains though so its good to know about this one. Why i chose the freebie i got.. the other was mendo montage x dosidos, was a tough call. But the slurricanes are dosidos x purple punch so i thought the cookie strain would even things out lol.

Good seed choices toasted. Think Twox & CareStaker also got the Slurricane. Not a big fan of GDP but always loved the Larry. Waiting to watch all of you grow them. Should be a purple fest. That Annunaki Sunlounger is his original strain. He gifted me a pack & instantly made me an Annunaki loyalist. Hope I do justice to his Wildberry that I've got going. If you like the pinks, seems he's got several pink strains. That Strawberry Mamba looks fine. Some great pics on his IG. The IHG Noah's Ark & Timeless Montage are great examples of his high value freebies. Both should be excellent. Welcome to the local chapter of Seeds Anonymous. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom