Becca Buries a Bean

It isn't much better. I struggle with it and have to touch up far too much. Time consuming.
Changing my background when I shoot is always the easier way.
My dad was a photographer. I learned a lot from him and worked in photographic retail while I was in college so I learned a few tricks. Adorama still sells backdrop paper. If I had more room, I'd get a couple rolls in different colors.
For now my blanket will have to do, though, lol! :laugh:

My dad was a photographer. I learned a lot from him and worked in photographic retail while I was in college so I learned a few tricks. Adorama still sells backdrop paper. If I had more room, I'd get a couple rolls in different colors.
For now my blanket will have to do, though, lol! :laugh:
I do a lot of purchases at Adorama for backdrops and other equipment. I just use a rolling clothes rack to hang (Clip) them on. You can hang anything on it, white sheets...etc. Take it down and under the bed it goes until I need it again. I do have the regular frames made just for backdrops, but rarely use them.

I was surprised to see all the film Adorama still carries. I might have to dig out my old Nikon FE2 sometime and see if it still works.

My first SLR was a Mamiya Sekor DTL500. Well made but your basic threaded lenses, match needle metering SLR. K1000 was a nice camera, nice and compact and light. Sold a few of them.
Jeez, $15 for a 36exp roll of slide film now. Guess I'll continue using my phone camera, lol! :laugh:

Speaking of pictures, here's some of my little Forbidden Fruit today, whose pot weighed in at 663g or 23.4oz:

ForbiddenFruit20241001_170517r.jpg
ForbiddenFruit20241001_165748r.jpg

I used to have my own darkroom. I miss the roll film days. My first "real" camera was a Pentax K1000. Lol Dig it out, have fun.
My dad had a full darkroom and he taught my brother and me all the chops. I used to develop my own B&W film back when I was trying my hand at astrophotography (speaking of expensive hobbies) and still have the tank & jars for solutions. Gawd, that was almost 30 years ago now.

My dad had a full darkroom and he taught my brother and me all the chops. I used to develop my own B&W film back when I was trying my hand at astrophotography (speaking of expensive hobbies) and still have the tank & jars for solutions. Gawd, that was almost 30 years ago now.
Yep, B&W was my favorite toy in the darkroom. My enlarger is still in my folks basement with some other things, timer, dodge and burn tools....you get the "picture". Lol
Good relaxing times.

Back
Top Bottom