Beateo's - Soil - Lemon Kush Feminized - 2014 - 1st Attempt

Day 59 of flowering, this is my Critical Super Silver Haze :love:
For a side note.... since doing the flush a few days ago, my room humidity has gone up into the mid 40's. Also, I question whether or not I'd been properly watering throughout the entire grow? Since the flush, those pots are MUCH heavier than they ever were when I was watering... so I'm wondering if maybe I wasn't watering enough? Anyway.... here she is:

DSCN19916.JPG

DSCN20025.JPG

DSCN199310.JPG

DSCN19947.JPG

DSCN199510.JPG

DSCN19967.JPG

DSCN19994.JPG

DSCN20006.JPG

DSCN20017.JPG

As always, Thanks for looking!!

Day 59 of flowering, this is my Critical Super Silver Haze :love:
For a side note.... since doing the flush a few days ago, my room humidity has gone up into the mid 40's. Also, I question whether or not I'd been properly watering throughout the entire grow? Since the flush, those pots are MUCH heavier than they ever were when I was watering... so I'm wondering if maybe I wasn't watering enough?

I noticed the same thing, but trust the girls' opinion on it. No drooping = no complaints = not under- or over-watering.

I think pot-size is the determining factor here. Larger pot-size for a relatively small plant = less watering. We vegged for about a month .. and if I am not mistaken, you are in pot-sizes over 15l as well. I had my previous plants in 7,5l pots, they needed watering every 3 days in bloom. Now I can water once a week, or even longer, without even the first signs of drooping.

It will also dry up the top layer of soil, providing oxygen to the roots, while the bottom layer is still wet. My soil humidity probe illustrates this quite nice ... a day or 2 after watering, the top inch will be dry, an inch lower will be dry-, a cm (half an inch) lower will be wet- the rest of the remaining 12 or so cm(~5 inches), will be wet .. when I water again, the last inch is till wet.

Using oxygen pots. or pots made of breathing material like fabric pots for use in ponds, I suspect it is hard to over-water, and given enough volume, it's also pretty hard to underwater.

Mind you, I have absolutely nothing in my soil for aeration. No perlite or anything.

Ditto to what everyone else said, B. Great job on the girls, loooooookin' mighty fiiiiiiiiine!

That small little branch that I broke off of my Sleestack Skunk during the first flush is now out of the dry box and nicely packed in my pipe. I'm a little afraid to smoke it until after I watch football tonight. Mrs. B is taking me out to dinner tonight then football.. then, if I'm coherent enough, I'll post a smoke report! lol My girls should be less than 2 weeks to go now. I can't wait to fill up that drying box! :Namaste:

Smoke Report. Sleestack Skunk. I broke a branch with 3 nugs on it about 2 weeks before she's supposed to be finished. The branch was a lower one and only had 3 small nuggets on it. They were close to a golden color and not as tight as I thought they might be. I used a hand grinder and decided to use my pipe. I thought either a pipe or a joint would be a more fair evaluation than using my vape pen (which is GREAT!!). First, this is the very first of my own grown weed that I've ever smoked!! This is a big deal to me :)
The smoke was unbelievably mild compared to any street smoke I've ever had. The taste and smell were just a bit sweet. A few really important things.... pain relief in my hip and feet is really fantastic!! Very relaxed. Thinking clearly. The high was different than anything I've had on the street weed.... I am super relaxed but not feeling like I need to sleep. It's really weird to try to put into words but I feel really high but my head is clear? (Maybe that'll make sense when I'm not baked?) Anyway, I'm VERY pleased with this tiny sample. I didn't mention that this Sleestack Skunk seed was one of my free ones from Herbie's with my order. :) I hope this was semi-coherent.... I don't normally get on here when I'm this stoned.. but how else can you give a smoke report? lol :Namaste:

Brilliant Beateo. Your smoke report was an excellent read and appreciable. yum yum! Congratulations on your first smoked first self-produced medicine my friend!

:bravo::high-five::420:EVENT!!!! :cheer: :party: :yahoo: :slide: :allgood: :goof: :theband:

Your awesome garden efforts and persistence are stellar B and I could not be happier for you. If she smokes as wonderful as your sweet pictures depict them to be, then I can only imagine that you are in cannabis heaven :) I'll try to be at least a fraction as patient as you are for your harvest my friend.

Cheers B and well done!!!

Yay B! Its so cool isnt it, growing your own and smoking it for the first time :high-five:
When I harvested my very first outside grow, i thought about getting a shadow box and putting the very first bud in there and hanging it in the den. Sort of like a new convenience store with their first dollar bill. My other half didnt see the humor in that though hahaha
Anyways, very Happy for you!

I like the idea of the shadow box, lol. Problem is first time I run dry that box is just gonna be a used to be shadow box!! :)

Happy to hear you enjoyed, can't wait to see your harvest!!

Update: Day 61 of Flowering, this is my Sleestack Skunk. Keep in mind that a good bit of this girl was torn off in a tragic industrial accident.... but we treat her just the same as we treat the other girls :) This is the girl my test smoke came from last night.. WOO HOO!!

DSCN20086.JPG

You may be able to see where a few branches were torn off:
DSCN20078.JPG

DSCN20117.JPG

DSCN20103.JPG

DSCN20135.JPG

DSCN20017.JPG

This one shows what's happening to some of the leaf coloration since I did the flush 5 days ago:
DSCN20147.JPG

DSCN201710.JPG

Thanks for looking!! :Namaste:

Thank you, thank you. I think they're beautiful too. According to the seed bank my lemon kush should finish in 9 days but I have yet to see a single amber trichome on any of my girls? This being my first grow, and knowing that at least one of my plants is kick-ass potent right now, I'm not getting excited about it and figure maybe they come on all at once?? I also can't find any clear trichomes now either.. they're ALL cloudy/milky looking. :Namaste:

Excellent first grow, pic's and smoke report, Beateo!
I only hope my first grow (very soon) does half as well.
Congrat's! Can't wait to see you cross the finish line with these beautiful ladies.

I also can't find any clear trichomes now either.. they're ALL cloudy/milky looking. :Namaste:

That sounds like they're ready to me. Isn't it clear and/or amber to start with, turning to milky as they mature?

That's right.... I remember seeing that pic a few pages back.

I was reading up on trichomes in the "How to Grow MJ" section: What are Trichomes? Trichome 101

That's where I got the "milky is mature" info....

I think I'm going to do the smoke test on my plants. Take a small bud, quick dry it, smoke and see if I like the effect. If not, leave for a bit longer and repeat.

look for around 50% cloudy and 50 % amber .. the lk took a little bit longer to finish that they suggest . im ready to see the end produck of the lemon kush to compare it to my end product . great job on your first harvest B!!

Back
Top Bottom