Badrock's Bud Factory

Got total harvest tallied up, honestly it was pretty weak! That power outage really did a number. All my colas stretched apart, my biggest bud is maybe 3 grams but no fluffy shit either so there's that. The quality didn't seem to be affected either. Ended up just shy of 5 lbs. 4 pounds 14 1/2 ounces to be exact. Probably a pound of sugar trim as well for extraction. Onward n upward!
I'll be harvesting my personal grow in a week, then into flower with the Blue Magoo bx2.

Harvested my personal grow a few days early. Still a few clear trichomes but I needed to get them out n get new strains going. I actually prefer to chop a few days early vs a few days late.

Sexing out the blue magoo, 1 male n 3 with no sign yet. Didnt plan on using blue magoo for breeding but this lil guy has amazing structure n stanky! Might have to hit a GG4 with this boy. Make a blue maglue! Pics of the stud later
Sounds like an interesting cross for sure!

I got this room's environment dialed in, every leaf in here feels like silk! 78 to 81 daytime, 70 to 72 night time, 30 to 45 RH.

Lookin good Marz :passitleft:

I noticed that the node spacing is fairly wide on your plants. I also noticed that you got some big lights :laugh: Do you think these babies can produce big colas despite the wide node spacing? Some of my plants have a hard time forming a dense cola and I am curious about your current plants because they got wider node spacing compared to what I usually grow.

Break time for this guy! 6 plants done, 11 to go. The crop after the next crop will be 32 plants under 240sq ft screen. Definitely need to get help trimming whether its human or mechanical.....preferably mechanical lol
Working on MTKush.

Hope everyone is well n being safe!
Have you gotten to try this stuff yet, marz? is it ready?

Lookin good Marz :passitleft:

I noticed that the node spacing is fairly wide on your plants. I also noticed that you got some big lights :laugh: Do you think these babies can produce big colas despite the wide node spacing? Some of my plants have a hard time forming a dense cola and I am curious about your current plants because they got wider node spacing compared to what I usually grow

No huge colas, the Montana kush has giving me some half ounce buds. Overall 7 to 9 grams is average cola size for all of them. I've had strains that produce quarter pounders but the quality was lacking. If I come across a strain that gives huge colas and high quality that's great but yield is not my priority. Across the board everything is super dense though

No huge colas, the Montana kush has giving me some half ounce buds. Overall 7 to 9 grams is average cola size for all of them. I've had strains that produce quarter pounders but the quality was lacking. If I come across a strain that gives huge colas and high quality that's great but yield is not my priority. Across the board everything is super dense though

Do you think having some blue lights on for the first 14 days of bloom will do any good? I am trying to grow two seeds(BG41 and Pink Kush) in a crappy setup until I move them to big tents. I only have a DIY royal blue LED module to use in there. These plants are stacking nodes like crazy. Things would've been very different under a red boosted bloom type of light setting. Maybe we can get more from these dense and top shelf nugs with a little help from blue :hmmmm:

Do you think having some blue lights on for the first 14 days of bloom will do any good? I am trying to grow two seeds(BG41 and Pink Kush) in a crappy setup until I move them to big tents. I only have a DIY royal blue LED module to use in there. These plants are stacking nodes like crazy. Things would've been very different under a red boosted bloom type of light setting. Maybe we can get more from these dense and top shelf nugs with a little help from blue :hmmmm:

Personally I cant confirm that. I've grown under damn near every type of light and revert back to hps but have not tried switching spectrums mid flower. I think for big buds it's all about the strain.

Personally I cant confirm that. I've grown under damn near every type of light and revert back to hps but have not tried switching spectrums mid flower. I think for big buds it's all about the strain.

Yeah totally agreed. I also think that the major factor here is the genetics.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a wide variety of genetics. I can only get several seeds from Amsterdam every year. My fellow growers are breeding some other EU seeds from breeders like Dinafem or Dr. Greenstor and these mostly turn out terrific.

I like to try a different strain each time. And since some genetics yield less I am trying these small tweaks to get the most out of my plants in a very limited grow area. If I can make a small yielder yield big, then I can grow any strain without hesitation. Being limited sucks when it comes to cannabis cultivation :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom