Badrock's Bud Factory

If you mean the atreum thread on this forum, it’s all new so not much experience there yet. And the company guys themselves probably aren’t legally allowed to have anything to do with cannabis specifically. I just know I like to keep my temps above 80. Have you tried contacting @Atreum Lighting directly FWIW

If you mean the atreum thread on this forum, it’s all new so not much experience there yet. And the company guys themselves probably aren’t legally allowed to have anything to do with cannabis specifically. I just know I like to keep my temps above 80. Have you tried contacting @Atreum Lighting directly FWIW
I have been talking back n forth for a few years with atreum. I'm actually the person that got them to contact and sponsor 420 magazine. They are great group over there and they are trying to learn what growers want and need as they have reached out to me a couple times about my experiences with their lighting. I have had in depth convo with them about this and while I got some good advice it wasn't much help. Don't take this as fact but I think their growing experience may be minimal. Perhaps they will reply to my question i had posted, maybe ill give them a call and see if any new info is available.

They are sponsoring me with a couple lights, and yeah they do seem like good people. To be honest I would not entertain any sort of sponsorship deal for any number of free lights if they did not seem like good people. I’m just a bit weird that way.

I expect that they are not legally allowed to be directly involved with cannabis and even if, for example, one of their members is growing and living in a country where it is legal, they won’t be able to really get into it because it’s a US-based company.

Yeah raise the temps! I’ve never heard of your cloning issue before in relation to LED

Well I decided I am going to try a bunch of seeds! Here is what i will be germinating. Everything is regular seeds except the Tricopath. I will be poppin off about 60 seeds.

BUD FACTORY GENETICS
MONTANA BLACK * GRAND DADDY PURPLE
MONTANA KUSH * GRAND DADDY PURPLE
MONTANA KUSH * PURPLE NIGHT
GORILLA JUICE * BLUE MAGOO
GORILLA JUICE * MONTANA KUSH

DYNASTY GENETICS
HUCKLEBERRY DIESEL
LIME BERRY MEGA

IN HOUSE GENETICS
TRICOPATH

I was away for a while and got some insights to share on your problem. I've been testing extreme conditions for clones and cuttings for a while. I am using a DWC cloner and 400K 60W fixture inside 60x40x60 cm nursery. Temp. was between 60-68F for the whole process and it took over a month to see proper roots and some clones died last week. I moved the DWC cloner into my main flowering area now and didn't remove the dead clones. They still have very small green parts but no signs of roots. Temp in the main tent is between 80-85F and some struggling clones popped roots in three days in this setting.

I also tried the same thing in a controlled environment with 72F temperature and same LED fixture. Clones rooted in 10 days with no loss. I believe you never went below 72F and if so the heat might not be the answer because things work seamlessly in that temp. for me.

I was away for a while and got some insights to share on your problem. I've been testing extreme conditions for clones and cuttings for a while. I am using a DWC cloner and 400K 60W fixture inside 3x2x3 nursery. Temp. was between 60-68F for the whole process and it took over a month to see proper roots and some clones died last week. I moved the DWC cloner into my main flowering area now and didn't remove the dead clones. They still have very small green parts but no signs of roots. Temp in the main tent is between 80-85F and some struggling clones popped roots in three days in this setting.

I also tried the same thing in a controlled environment with 72F temperature and same LED fixture. Clones rooted in 10 days with no loss. I believe you never went below 72F and if so the heat might not be the answer because things work seamlessly in that temp. for me.
Thankyou for the input! I think I may have figured out the issue, I should know on a week or so. I honestly do not think the cloner or cloner environment has been a issue. I think its my veg room n my stupidity. My dark cycle is during hours im not available to check on them, I finally broke down n got a 24 hour thermostat n found during my night time hours the temp drops to low 60s. Im hoping this is the reason my stems are so hard and the rock hard stems are the reason they do not root. I hope! If this next set of plants get the hard stems then it has to be the lights. I pulled 6 gorilla juice clones from my personal garden n stuck in the shop, they are very lush n vibrant. Within 2 days I had clawed leaves n stems were hardening. I threw a heater in with them, just wait n see now.

I I agree with TC about the temperature thing. Not that I’m saying it’s your problem. Just that I’ve been noticing that they root a lot slower at lower temperatures. Usually, especially for an aero cloner, people recommend low temperatures like 70 or less just to inhibit slime growth. But I think as long as you have no slime problems or you have some beneficial products to help combat the issue, then you’re better off running it a bit warmer.

I I agree with TC about the temperature thing. Not that I’m saying it’s your problem. Just that I’ve been noticing that they root a lot slower at lower temperatures. Usually, especially for an aero cloner, people recommend low temperatures like 70 or less just to inhibit slime growth. But I think as long as you have no slime problems or you have some beneficial products to help combat the issue, then you’re better off running it a bit warmer.
I agree to. I just mind blown, ive kept the same process for a decade. Only thing that changed was veg lighting. I really been monitoring everything like crazy recently. Only thing I found was low night temp in veg room. I am willing to try higher res temperature but only way I can think to raise it is run the pump 24/7. My ambient temp is high 70s to low 80s. My res temp stats pretty consistently around 72 to 74 though.

Lower res temp means less chance of slime just like WC said. That is because the water would hold more oxygen on lower temperatures and therefore the chance of getting bacterial growth reduces. More oxygen also helps with root development. 72-74 degrees F would be good for water temp. I am using a thermostat and a resistor heater belt to keep my DWC res at a steady temp. Night time cold would also make things very difficult for your clones mate.

As I said my nursery has dimensions 60x40x60 cm so it is pretty small. When you use 60W fixture in there ambient temperature gets around 70 degrees F but in the night time, temps dropped to 53-55. I lost some clones that way but some of them rooted greatly after 5-6 weeks :) Night time cold is probably the enemy here. 4000K LED's are great for cloning but in some areas some growers might need the heat coming out from the bulbs like you said. I agree that this can be the most handy way to go sometimes.

I think the best lighting for clones is 6500K LED sticks with plus switchable 660nm. I don't believe in bulbs anymore because if you need to heat your space up the most reasonable thing to do is to get a device that is specifically designer for ambient heating, not a bulb. And if you need light for your plants, the most reasonable thing to do is to get the most efficient technology out there. With 6500K LED's you will get great roots fast and after rooting, you can also crank the 660nm switch to get some real deal vertical growth going on. I am currently working on a project but my current strips turned out to produce low PPFD and I will try to use a better chip from Samsung. I am happy with the red diodes but my budget alternative for the 6500K performed poorly. I'll update these and build a great LED propogator soon.

Check out the current process :rip:

I use a 25w agrosun fluorescent for my clones. Seems to do the trick. Its just frustrating ya know. Got 2 grows going, 1 grow i get 100% in less than 3 weeks. Other grow is like 5% after 2 months. Ones in my house where the temp stays consistent. The one in the shop...once lights out the temp drops like a rock.

There we go. Fluorescent lights have a spectrum close to 6500K LED's. They are definitely better than 4000K's for propagation but 4000K's still should do OK. Main problem here is the temp. drop and things will work out like magic for you soon :passitleft:

Just to clarify my veg room and my clone room are separate. My clone room stays consistent 24/7 at 77 to 82 and res temp stays around 70 to 74.
My veg room though, I really think this is where the problem arises. I am use to metal halide and need venting. Under these LED I have hard time getting my temp over 75 then when lights out the temp plummets.

Ran some bubble hash through the washing machine. Not the most efficient way but damn it's easy. Ran it through 160 micron in 25 micron, gonna press into rosin.

i had no idea such a thing existed. i got tired of messing with bubble bags a long time ago. and with this thing i can do my socks too? sweet.

thanks. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom