Away's First Grow - DIY Closet Grow - TopLED Mars II 80x5 - 2014

Thats straight up robbery. I try to do anything I can to keep my bill lower. I shut the computer off overnight when I used to just leave it on because sometimes it take minutes to fully boot. I changed most of the bulbs to the energy efficient florescent . I dont use the heat much since the lights heat those house to about 75 or so and the heater is set to 72 anyways so no need. Open windows and use fans instead of the air conditioning. Things like that and it dropped my bill as far as I can tell about 35% Now when I get my new computer it will have at least a 1200 watt power supply where as my gf im using now since mine broke only uses 250 so that bill is gonna be shooting back up. But we dont watch cable or even have a subscription anymore. Been a year now and its very easy since I can get my hands on any form of entertainment with a few websites. Whatever to save money right?

My gaming computer broke and so I am using my girlfriends computer. Her computer is 250 watts. Im going to build one when I get the money and its gonna probably be 1200 watts if I go with 3 graphics cards instead of the 2 I go with. If I go with the 2 then I will probably only need 1000 watt power supply

I see; I just never heard any1 refer to a computer by it's power supply before; usually it's processor speeds or memory capacity.

Yes thats correct but since we are talking energy bills in this instance wattage would be more relevant to the conversation.

Okay so, here is an embarrasing update.. I've managed to give my Amnesia Auto a salt build-up/lockout identical to the one i experienced on my Ed Rosenthal clone.. i tried everything on that clone but she still didnt make it..
This time i've flushed with ph-ed water, then i tried feeding a very light dose of nutes + epsom salts.. still no good effect.. Then i decided that i'd just give her ph-ed water from now on till i see that she's over it.. so thats whats happening at the moment..

IMG_203013.JPG
IMG_203113.JPG
IMG_203212.JPG
IMG_203310.JPG
IMG_203411.JPG
IMG_203512.JPG
IMG_203614.JPG
IMG_203712.JPG
IMG_203815.JPG
IMG_204217.JPG

Even though it hurts alot to make this mistake again, and possibly lose another plant to this shit, i think i may have figured out what i've been doing wrong.. Too many nutes too often. I had some idea that i had to feed nutes once a week (because of biobizz feed schedual, it got me confused) But after talking to Kjell and hearing how he gives water-water-nutes-water-water-nutes, i came to realise that i've been doing something terribly wrong.. i've been more like, nutes-nutes-water-nutes-nutes-water.. I've drowned them in nutrients god damn it. And i who thought i was light-feeding.. what the hell..

anyway.. i think i'll end this journal soon and start a new one, this time with a less-is-more philosophy lol..

the new growth looks healthy. feeding them epsom salt so frequently will kill them for sure. I think people use epsom salt once or twice during the grow, after the plant is big and sucking up nutrients.

Way was an overstatement your right. I was referring more to the frequency that he was feeding more than the amount he was feeding each time, as he stated he wasn't feeding her much each watering.

Exactly man. I fed very lightly but on every watering. Thats where the burns come from.. I'm gonna keep giving her ph-ed water till she comes back, if she does..

B.real - I only gave her epsom once bro, that was after the burns occured. I figured it might help her get back.. Guess that was a mistake.. Nice work saving that blackout kush man, she looks dense! :high-five:

thanks. and I hear ya green closet, just wanted to assure away that his plant is no where near dying. he's overreacting lol.

the problem was that I was in miracle gro soil and it's loaded with calcium. I didn't realize what the problem was until deep in, but I never gave up on her. she wanted nitrogen, but didn't want calcium. it was confusing.

tsk tsk haha. Well its a learning experience man. I feed my plants fairly heavy Id say but its a gradual step up then a gradual decline until harvest.My schedule is Feed Feed water Feed Feed water water Feed Feed water Feed Feed water water switch to flower then Feed water Feed Feed water until the end. I start at around 200-400 ppm at the end of veg its between 1600-2200. During preflower I give it less around 400 ppm of veg nutes and 800 ppm of flower nutes and then I start adding the blackstrap molasses around 4 weeks of flowering or six weeks after the switch since the 2 weeks of preflower after the switch doesnt count towards the flowering time. Anyways, good luck my friend and when you start a new journal if you would like be sure to let me know. If you are sick of me at this point I will understand too.:) Take it easy.

Sorry to hear what happened to your Amnesia. I'd say there is no better way to learn. I remember I also had a hard time understanding what does once per week means on the feeding schedule but now I feed once every watering. I think the plant needs a little time to "digest" the food, and forcing her to eat more then she needs will make her sick ( sounds like the speech I was giving my parents :) )

Back
Top Bottom