At It Again - Grow #2 - AK 47 / Big Bang Hydro Grow in Waterfarm - LED Lighting

Hi Allsmiles nice NLx5Haze is she dark green or it's because light?I assume that waterfarm is your flowering room with other plants?:goodjob:
Hey gh. It's just because of the lights. She is a light green and growing very fast with inter nodal growth already even though she only has her first set of 3 leaf. Hydro has very fast growth rate that keeps impressing me. Pretty fun. I have 2 tents. One is for veg (2' x 3') and was going to grow out the 2 autos in. The other for flower (3' x 3'). I'll move the NL into waterfarm next week once she gets out of seedling stage. Then veg her for 3 - 5 weeks depending on how fast she grows before flowering. I've been trying to get a good rotation going but my issues with soil and the autos have threw it off.

The buds were ready for curing this morning. Free'd the buds from their stems and this is what I ended up with. As usual AK on the left and PC on the right.

IMG_193514.JPG

Final tally minus fluff/imature buds that did not get jarred:
AK 47 - 91 grams
Pineapple Chunk - 76 grams

That's probably enough weed to last me a year. :)

Pineapple Chunk has a very pleasant smell of fruity, piney, pineapple. What a fitting name for this strain. Ak has a pungent smell of straight up fuel. Diesel baby. She ain't messin around. Total opposites. Both buds were rock hard. Can't wait to see what these guys smell like in a couple months as my Sannies Jack Herrer strain smells like a bowl of peaches after a few months. The kind you get in a can. And she is so smooth. :)

I also found the source of the seeds. The compacted fluff buds from AKs underneath growth (below the scrog net) had the seeds. I found around 10 seeds from them. Not too bad. I don't think it got out of hand and into the upper buds. I'll be going with Serious Seeds on this strain next time.

I'll give these guys a test this weekend and provide an update.
:peace::)

Very nice AS. I find it so pleasant to have some really good bud with a long cure I can enjoy right now, and knowing I'll have plenty of time to allow some completely different flavors/effects from this new harvest.

I like tape on the jars for labeling. I've mixed up lids on mason jars before. But I do stoopid shit like that sometimes...comes with the hobby I suppose.

:bravo:Congrats on a great harvest, well done. I'm gowing my first Widow now and the nodes are stacked right on top of the other, she provided 2 clones that have miraculously, rooted, lol.

Nice update on the seeds:volcano-smiley: very interesting, :hmmmm:

like Carestaker :high-five: said "gotta love soil"

:bravo:Congrats on a great harvest, well done. I'm gowing my first Widow now and the nodes are stacked right on top of the other, she provided 2 clones that have miraculously, rooted, lol.

It's always good luck to find Trichomes in your thread! :)

Congrats on your Harvest! Nice numbers too ;)

Very nice AS. I find it so pleasant to have some really good bud with a long cure I can enjoy right now, and knowing I'll have plenty of time to allow some completely different flavors/effects from this new harvest.

I like tape on the jars for labeling. I've mixed up lids on mason jars before. But I do stoopid shit like that sometimes...comes with the hobby I suppose.

Thanks Gov! I'm right there with ya. Having enough supply to allow for a proper cure to new harvests is nice. Then your just smoking nothing but 2+ months of cured bud. :slide:

Funny you mention labeling the jars. I almost got the lids mixed up last night while burping them. This hobby does tend to make you do stupid shit sometimes:volcano-smiley: Think I will pick up some masking tape.

Thanks trichs. I'm super stoked for the WW. Although she is scaring me. It hasn't germed yet in 4 days. Usually 1.5 to 3 days and I get a tap root. Hopefully its not a bad seed. I was looking forward to this strain from Dutch Passions. If it doesn't pop out in the next few days I'll throw in a Blueberry :)

I'm on a bad streak with soil. I'll get my grove back on with it :)

It's always good luck to find Trichomes in your thread! :)

Congrats on your Harvest! Nice numbers too ;)

Thanks CS! I need all the luck I can get.

I tested out both these girls this past weekend. Gotta say I really love smoking my own stuff. The quality of what I smoke now and what I smoked 20 years ago is like night and day. Even with no cure these girls smoke so good and potent. A little harsh at this stage but still good. Can't wait to try them with a month of cure.

PC smokes like she smells. Fruity, piney, sweet under tones on the exhale of vape. She has a very strong body high and some head high. It takes all my stresses away. To me its a nice relaxed high but doesn't makes you sleepy. When it starts to ware off after couple hours I get sleepy and sleep very good. This is a perfect night smoke after a long days work.

When smoking AK she leaves me scratching my head. How can something that is so pungent and strong tastes so sweet and nutty. I was expecting a very harsh, strong smoke. Instead she is very smooth, nutty with hints of fruit and skunk on the exhale. Very good smoke and potent. I really like the high. She has a nice head high without the racy thoughts that makes for a great day time smoke. One of my favorites along with my first grow. Great smoke that lasts 2-3 hours. After a few days of cure the strong fuel smell is dissipating and turning into more of a light skunk and nutty smell.

All it took was 2-3 good vape hits with these strains and I was good. Potent strains.

I want to thank 420 and it's community of people and those that followed along with me on my soil/hydro grow. You have made this very enjoyable. I hope to see you in my next journal that will be up here in the next week or 2. :thanks:

This journal is complete.
:party::volcano-smiley::peace::)

Great job AllSmiles. Was fun to follow, and I get excited for folks when they get a chance to smoke their own...finally.

:bravo::goodjob:
Thanks Gov! I'm never looking back. Gonna keep on growing :)

Great skills, great grow, Congrats again on your fine harvest Brother Smiles! You grew some amazing cannabis, those nugs were frosty as heel. I thoroughly enjoyed rounds 1 & 2, Cheers for round 3!

:high-five::thanks::goodjob::yummy::yahoo::blushsmile::passitleft:

Thanks Man. :passitleft:

Sorry bout you 'lings! I haven't had much issue germing straight into FFOF....with pH'd water going in @ 6.5, and add nothing for the first 2 weeks - except something for the roots. I've used a few different things. Growology step 1, Kangaroots, Voo-Doo, etc. It will hook them up to the soil quickly, and cut down your Veg time. For 30"-40"+ plus plants in soil, I Veg 4-6 weeks typically. :peace::Namaste: Nola Haze sounds niiiice. :)

Thanks CS. I've never really had to much issues with germing in paper towel until the last 2 (Jack Flash and WW). My issue was always transplanting it in soil then experience no growth. I've found the root cause of the problem. This soil I'm using has gotten so alkaline. I kept the 2 autos just for the hell of it and watered yesterday with ph 5.5 water. The run off still measured 8.1. Crazy. Not sure what happened to this soil. Maybe that's what happens when it sits around for too long? I don't know. That same bag of soil worked great for my first grow. I was thinking of mixing in some dolomite lime in it but probably best to use different soil. Sick of losing seeds.

I will give FFOF a try. When you germ in soil do you put it on a heating mat? I've always germed in Jiffy Pellets and now paper towel. Have never tried directly in soil. I'll give it a go though.

Thanks CS. I've never really had to much issues with germing in paper towel until the last 2 (Jack Flash and WW). My issue was always transplanting it in soil then experience no growth. I've found the root cause of the problem. This soil I'm using has gotten so alkaline. I kept the 2 autos just for the hell of it and watered yesterday with ph 5.5 water. The run off still measured 8.1. Crazy. Not sure what happened to this soil. Maybe that's what happens when it sits around for too long? I don't know. That same bag of soil worked great for my first grow. I was thinking of mixing in some dolomite lime in it but probably best to use different soil. Sick of losing seeds.

I will give FFOF a try. When you germ in soil do you put it on a heating mat? I've always germed in Jiffy Pellets and now paper towel. Have never tried directly in soil. I'll give it a go though.

That IS weird. I wouldn't use that soil. I soak in water for ~24 hrs till they crack, and I can see a tap root and pop her tail down in soil. I sometimes still do the paper towel method too. I try to get them into soil pretty quickly, and then keep them moist on the top, by using a teaspoon to water with 6.5pH. Just a spoonful fairly often, as needed :) FF also makes Light Warrior which is less hot that FFOF, and is often used for seedlings - but I skip this and go straight to FFOF, and I really haven't had any issues with the soil being too hot. I plant about 3/4" or so down. As always though, go with what's been working for you - except that soil haha, throw that stuff out. :)

awesome journal
:thanks:
That IS weird. I wouldn't use that soil. I soak in water for ~24 hrs till they crack, and I can see a tap root and pop her tail down in soil. I sometimes still do the paper towel method too. I try to get them into soil pretty quickly, and then keep them moist on the top, by using a teaspoon to water with 6.5pH. Just a spoonful fairly often, as needed :) FF also makes Light Warrior which is less hot that FFOF, and is often used for seedlings - but I skip this and go straight to FFOF, and I really haven't had any issues with the soil being too hot. I plant about 3/4" or so down. As always though, go with what's been working for you - except that soil haha, throw that stuff out. :)

:thumb:I will give FFOF a go. Will pick some up today:) Going to do 2 more free autos I got. One in soil and the other in my other waterfarm. I'll go with paper towel and skip the rock wool for the soil. That'll be my next journal. Two autos and NLx5H.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom