Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I was doing water water feed and following the instructions on bottle

First Grow For Me - So First Journal Also

Usually what you should do is the dose the nutrients 1\4 what the bottle says and if the plants don't show an improvement keep upping the dosage a little every feeding to avoid chemical burn and easy schedule to do is
Day:1 water
Day:2 let dry
Day:3 let dry
Day 4 add water with nutes and continue shedule

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I used them twice now. I'm also in Canada . No minimum for me and are they not on west coast of Canada?

Iam east coast Canada maybe that's the issue, either way I had to source seeds else where. No biggie as the local hydro shop is now supplying seeds at his cost an from many different seed banks which is really nice.

Usually what you should do is the dose the nutrients 1\4 what the bottle says and if the plants don't show an improvement keep upping the dosage a little every feeding to avoid chemical burn and easy schedule to do is
Day:1 water
Day:2 let dry
Day:3 let dry
Day 4 add water with nutes and continue shedule

So should I skip feeding for a bit?

I was Gona buy cropkkng seeds but when I filled out the order it said I had to buy a min of 20 seeds to ship to Canada. That's 300$+ sorry cropping but I can't afford that kinda money all at once. So I had to go else where for my seeds :(

I wonder why...I ordered mine end of January this year and didn't have any constraints. But I'm in the United States. Crop king is in Canada, so if you are too, I don't understand why it would be more than shipping to us.

I wonder why...I ordered mine end of January this year and didn't have any constraints. But I'm in the United States. Crop king is in Canada, so if you are too, I don't understand why it would be more than shipping to us.

Yea that seems kinda odd I got 10 seeds for a good price it was just the shipping to me took longer then expected I don't understand why they would try and make you pay 200

I have 5 platinum girl scout cookies that are growing like crap--really not sure what's wrong with them and apparently no one else is either going by the lack of any replies to the posts I make about them. I'm not even sure they're from good seeds. So the only one that's worth a crap is my Blackberry Kush. Even if the girl scout cookies are good, they're stunted and I don't know how long they'll take to recover so it almost seems worth it to just start clones of the good plant.

I don't know if it's a regular or feminized seed, so I want to take a clone and sex it. Do you need to let the clone develop roots before switching it to 12/12?

Also wondering if I could just switch to 12/12 in my tent and wait to see pre-flowers, and then switch back, kill the five slackers, and take clones off the good plant.

I have 5 platinum girl scout cookies that are growing like crap--really not sure what's wrong with them and apparently no one else is either going by the lack of any replies to the posts I make about them. I'm not even sure they're from good seeds. So the only one that's worth a crap is my Blackberry Kush. Even if the girl scout cookies are good, they're stunted and I don't know how long they'll take to recover so it almost seems worth it to just start clones of the good plant.

I don't know if it's a regular or feminized seed, so I want to take a clone and sex it. Do you need to let the clone develop roots before switching it to 12/12?

Also wondering if I could just switch to 12/12 in my tent and wait to see pre-flowers, and then switch back, kill the five slackers, and take clones off the good plant.
First time grower, I see. As to flipping to 12/12, you have to let the clones root. You need them to photosynthesize to get good roots going. Just my .02.

Thank a veteran. :Namaste:

First time grower, I see. As to flipping to 12/12, you have to let the clones root. You need them to photosynthesize to get good roots going. Just my .02.

Thank a veteran. :Namaste:

Nah, third time, but it's definitely not the charm.

Here's a quick rundown of what happened...

Week 3 - 12/26/16 - First set of True Leaves
12/27/16
-Pots weigh in with 75-80 grams of water
12/28/16
-Discovered oscilating fan was off, plants look like they got too hot, droopy leaves with curled up edges
-Pots weigh in at 50-60 grams
12/29/16
-Feed with extremely mild base growth nutrient
1/4th tsp/G Flora Nova Grow
~143 PPM
-Pots weigh in at about 170 grams
-Watered Blackberry Kush seedling to 160 grams with plain water
Vegetative
Week 1 - 1/2/17 - Early vegetative stage
1/2/17
-Watered with 120 PPM Flora Nova with 35 PPM Armor Si. Drenched Major PITA style, cups weighed from 200-240 grams
with 220 being the average
-Adjust light to 20k Lux at canopy
-Adjust side fans to blow across tops
-Adjust oscilating tower fan to blow under canopy
1/13/17
-Transplant into 1 gallon containers
-Sprinkle 1 Tbsp Mykos Extreme on Bototm of Each Hole
1/8/17
-Plants slightly nutrient burned
IMG_20170109_194834.jpg

This is where things went wrong. A friend and supposed veteran grower said he didn't think it was burn but deficency. So the next watering I fed.

Week 2 - 1/9/17 - Vegetative stage continued
-Top or FIM each plant

Probably a dumb idea while they were stressed

1/13/17
Feed: 347 ppm solution of Flora Nova Grow, each pot got half a solo cup each, moisture level of pots was between
3-5 before watering.
IMG_20170114_102916.jpg

Week 3 - 1/16/17 - Late vegetative stage
1/16/17
-Topped other plants again because only one took
1/17/17 & 1/18/17
-Watered with 350 ppm nutrient solution, 100 ml on the 17th, half a solo cup on the 18th

Some more bad advice said I needed to be giving them nutrients every couple of days if its taking too long for my pots to dry out

IMG_20170121_102714.jpg

1/22/17
-Watered with 1 tsp/G molasses
1/5 tsp/G Armor Si
1 tsp Cal Mag
5 tsp/G Neem Oil
459 ppm

Standard shit. They loved it last time. Nooooot this time

1/29/17
IMG_20170131_144334.jpg

Transplanted into 3 gallon contianer with Fox Farms Ocean Forest

Because they looked so deficient, but plenty of nutrients were present, pH was correct, it was then theorized my soil was exhausted since I'd used it last two cycles. So I transplanted them into the Ocean Forrest even though they were still pretty young.

2/11/17
-Watered with 1 tsp Flora Nova and 1/2 tsp Armor Si ~600 ppm

IMG_20170213_120548.jpg

THey burned super bad with just 600 ppm so I decided to just flush.

2/18/17
Flushed pots and with a final of 150 ppm solution

Jorge Cervantes recommends following up a flush of a pot with a mild base nutrient

2/23
IMG_20170223_122807.jpg
A

So anyway for whatever reason, the Blackberry Kush was the only one that has been healthy at all. Maybe because I only topped it once?

420-magazine-mobile1362795068.jpg

I did take a cutting and placed it into 12-12 and it did root. But 3 weeks ln 12-12 and still no preflowers. Not saying im correct in my ways. im new as well. Just my recent experience

OG Kush BTY 12-12 From Seed

First Time Grow

420-magazine-mobile1362795068.jpg

I did take a cutting and placed it into 12-12 and it did root. But 3 weeks ln 12-12 and still no preflowers. Not saying im correct in my ways. im new as well. Just my recent experience

OG Kush BTY 12-12 From Seed

First Time Grow
I got same situation going on Im tempted to put them in veg room

Sent from my SM-G920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Interveinal necrosis (not irregular brown spots) on a still green leaf seems like a boron deficiency. You should lower the ph of the medium a bit.
Dont worry too much. Just lower ph of water for the next cpl medium strength feeds and look what happens. Remove the leaves if they are too necrotic.

If a plant starts facing deficiencies from bottom and new growth looks fine its a lack of mobile nutrients. The plant pumps up what is in the older leaves to be able to grow new healthy tops

If a plant does have healthy bottom growth and the new growth looks odd then its a immobile nutrient deficiency. Helps to get an idea what could be deficient.

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Back
Top Bottom