Another Brix In The Wall: Sweet Pink Stink & Coked Out Girl Scout

I know the High Brix brain trust is still enjoying some warm sand between the toes, high quality weed and good company so will err on the side of caution and give straight ro tonight but was wanting to give them GE.

They were transplanted into the 15's 1 week ago and seem ready for a drink, at time of transplant I gave a rather heavy dose of TP by accident, 45ml and 1ml of tea in 1.5 gallons of water for each plant.

Can anyone let me know if GE tonight may be a good or bad idea? Again I'll plan on straight RO but was thinking there will not be many water/feeds before flip and really need 2 of these girls to bulk up prior to that, the one is already a monster!

Have a rockin day!

:theband:

Ya, do it. They're definitely healthy enough for a nice blast of growth meds, right? :laugh:

:thumb:

Ya, do it. They're definitely healthy enough for a nice blast of growth meds, right? :laugh:

:thumb:

Awesome, thanks Gray! They're healthy enough!

Question for anyone that uses#15's since I'm new to them, have been using fabric#10's. How much water do you give to each plant in veg and bloom and approximately how often? 1.5 isn't enough and am thinking 2 gallons, 1 in saucer and 1 over top.

Re: Another Brix In The Wall - Sweet Pink Stink & Coked Out Girl Scout

I find that it's about one fifth.

So, 3 gallons of water for 15s?

I always use 1 gallon in my 7s and when i did grow in 15s I always used 2. I was watering about every 3 days that way, which allowed them some food once a week.

Thanks Yeti! I actually gave em just a little more than 2 gallons each because that is what I had on hand. The big girls, COGS, had her restraints tightened a little.

:passitleft:

My girls on 1/25 and then on 2/14.

Thanks Duggan! Bigger is the plan this go around. Here they are in their new home.

IMG_20180125_192934.jpg

So my girls really like it rough so I gave it to em good for :love: vtines day :love:, ha! :rofl: :circle-of-love:

The smallest one looks really funky but she is so squat and strong that it made LST hard to do. Spreading them out is helping to fill the tent, maybe I can flip sooner than 3 weeks....!? The big girl is the Coked out Girl Scout. Love they way she is filling out!

IMG_20180214_190251_1.jpg

IMG_20180214_190354_1.jpg

IMG_20180214_190424_1.jpg

IMG_20180214_190326.jpg

Thanks OL! Very helpful! So since I gave em just over 2 gallons, I'm thinking next drink will be in 4-5 days. Thinking I'll try 3 next time and I should be able to get a good TP drench in before flip.

Well they may go a bit longer at 1st.

I have the tensiometers, but wasn't paying much attention to them as they seemed to be running steady at 6 or 7 days.

Once I started to get that leaf curl ( plants are much bigger by this time) I look at them everyday now. They are currently using the 2.5 gallons in 4.5 to 5 days.

If I give them 3 gallons they last a week.
Every now and then one of them will become drier than the other three and in that case I give the three 2.5 gallons and the drier one three gallons.

So far this seems to keep their watering times balanced out pretty good.

LOL, Let me add one more thing.

I give you this info as a guide, because it does help give you an idea where to start.

But keep in mind like Doc said, you have to get to know your plants and what the kit does. I am barely starting to get a grip on it myself.

Different strains and environments make a difference. I don't have an ideal environment setup yet, but am slowly building towards it. I never grew Mandarin cookies before, the majority of the leaf curl is from the plant in the front right of my tent. Her branches extend into the areas of the other plants. She also started to show some slight yellowing at the 3rd or 4th node when they were in the 1 gallon pots.

Same plant that I wonder about the yellow leaf early on in my thread, which improved when I transplanted into the 15 gallons.

I used the tensiometers because there was no way to lift those pots especially under a scrog net, and they have proven to be useful under these circumstances.

In a nutshell, your mileage may vary compared to my own, but I hope you can use this to your benefit.

I have 3 strains as rooted clones for the next run, mandarin being one of them and another soon to be from a buddy. I also have a ton of seeds I want to crack and see what they are about and possibly some testers from a breeder here soon.

So I intend to go back to my 8 gallon square pots even though I love the bigger pots. I also purposely allowed my plants to grow large and overfill the net. I wanted to see what the limits of scrogging were. TBH my plants are too tall over the screen for my setup to have reached their maximum potential, however now I know.

I will still harvest a lot of nice highbrix cannabis and use what I have learned to be more efficient and maximize yield in the future.

LOL, Let me add one more thing.

I give you this info as a guide, because it does help give you an idea where to start.

But keep in mind like Doc said, you have to get to know your plants and what the kit does. I am barely starting to get a grip on it myself.

Different strains and environments make a difference. I don't have an ideal environment setup yet, but am slowly building towards it. I never grew Mandarin cookies before, the majority of the leaf curl is from the plant in the front right of my tent. Her branches extend into the areas of the other plants. She also started to show some slight yellowing at the 3rd or 4th node when they were in the 1 gallon pots.

Same plant that I wonder about the yellow leaf early on in my thread, which improved when I transplanted into the 15 gallons.

I used the tensiometers because there was no way to lift those pots especially under a scrog net, and they have proven to be useful under these circumstances.

In a nutshell, your mileage may vary compared to my own, but I hope you can use this to your benefit.

I have 3 strains as rooted clones for the next run, mandarin being one of them and another soon to be from a buddy. I also have a ton of seeds I want to crack and see what they are about and possibly some testers from a breeder here soon.

So I intend to go back to my 8 gallon square pots even though I love the bigger pots. I also purposely allowed my plants to grow large and overfill the net. I wanted to see what the limits of scrogging were. TBH my plants are too tall over the screen for my setup to have reached their maximum potential, however now I know.

I will still harvest a lot of nice highbrix cannabis and use what I have learned to be more efficient and maximize yield in the future.

Thanks again OL! I gotcha. I was figuring it would be a little trial and error. I wanted to run all sweet pink stink so there would not be much difference in each plant but the boss vetoed that so I dropped 2 of each and it's a good thing 1 of the cogs didn't sprout as she is growing like a wildfire. Funny thing is that the two sps's are pretty different and one drinks quicker than the other. I will probably take clones, 2 from each to up chances of getting one of each and then depending on how they turn out, run 1 or 2 times. I have a bunch of seeds (MUCH LESS than a lot of you, ha) but I like to do a few runs per strain. My environment is also not perfect but it's the best it's been, used to battle low temps, under rug heater, problem solved! Interested to hear about this tester you speak of! Your girls are going to produce big time! You got any guesses how much you'll get? It's gotta be 6-8 zips per plant so possibly 2lbs+!

Thanks again OL! I gotcha. I was figuring it would be a little trial and error. I wanted to run all sweet pink stink so there would not be much difference in each plant but the boss vetoed that so I dropped 2 of each and it's a good thing 1 of the cogs didn't sprout as she is growing like a wildfire. Funny thing is that the two sps's are pretty different and one drinks quicker than the other. I will probably take clones, 2 from each to up chances of getting one of each and then depending on how they turn out, run 1 or 2 times. I have a bunch of seeds (MUCH LESS than a lot of you, ha) but I like to do a few runs per strain. My environment is also not perfect but it's the best it's been, used to battle low temps, under rug heater, problem solved! Interested to hear about this tester you speak of! Your girls are going to produce big time! You got any guesses how much you'll get? It's gotta be 6-8 zips per plant so possibly 2lbs+!

I really have no idea, the top half of those colas are filling in pretty nice. But if you could see it in person you would realize that it is dense in that net and not enough light. many smaller over shaded shoots could literally be cut out because they are not going to produce, the lower parts of the larger colas won't produce like they should.

I have done scrogs many times in the past (PreBrix days) and have let them grow up to 4 inches thru the screen before flipping with very nice harvest.
I just wanted to see what would happen if I let the majority get to 6 inches and flip. Some of those colas are 18 inches tall, most around 12 and the ones to the left of the tent where the reflector doesn't distribute light well are between 4 to 6 inches.

If I am fortunate enough to get 2 lb's or roughly 1.4 grams per watt I would still call it a success.

I have learned a lot from DS's apprentice thread and will most likely stick to Docs way of doing things for the most part next round(s) with a few exceptions. I have some limitations with my setup that Doc doesn't and will try to adjust close as possible to his method.

For instance, I have a clone only strain of Warbird OG whos' branches grow horizontally as much as the main cola does vertically sometimes more. She also doesn't stretch at all for the most part when flipped according to the crew who blessed me with the clone. In this case once topped a time or two I will Veg her just a bit after transplant then put in the flower tent.

I kept all these clones alive as mother plants in 1 gallon pots for as long as I could. which they were doing fine this entire grow. I recently cloned them and killed off the moms to make room for the new strains to be coming in.

I also have a lot of Landrace strains I want to grow out that are full blown Sativas. Col Gold, Kerala Gold, unknown Hawaiian Sativa, Zamal. After I grow out some indicas and hybrids and get a nice long lasting stash built up I may try to run one of those long flowering, long stretching strains in a 45 gallon pot under the scrog. Again just to see what they can do and what the limitations are.

But for now finish this grow, hold up my end of the bargain on the testers (if they show) and grow out some nice normal highbrix plants for a while.

And your welcome :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom