Another Brix In The Wall: Sweet Pink Stink & Coked Out Girl Scout

re: Another Brix In The Wall - Sweet Pink Stink & Girl Scout

Yes Ween, i do it every crop. next time try only pruning away bigger fan leaves and leave the branches alone. I pruned mine a bit today and i just wanted to open it up here and there for lower growth to get more light. The problem with the way you did it is ,..there is no lower growth ,..you took it all off...know what i mean. You have spread her out nicely , but there is no growth there , it's all gone. I usually keep the canopy fairly thick ,..like about 12-16" deep from the top. The rest gets removed along the way,..bottom up.Anyhow , nuff said ,...don't mean to be critical Ween,...OK!:Namaste::high-five:

Critical is good, it's helpful. I'll go easy on my other girls but it will be interesting to see how they compare in the end.

That chop to that girl was extreme - you probably want to do a lot less next time.

I could see something like that if you were 2 months from flowering and wanted to bulk up the branches, but I don't think turning branches into palm trees is usually a good idea.

Personally, I do some light bending and holding down (LST) during veg - but if my canopy is uneven when I hit flower it stays uneven.

When I hit flower, I pick a line somewhere, say 9 inches above the soil on a 16 inch tall plant, and strip all the leaves and tiny branches that don't reach more than 4-5 inches. If I remember, I check after the stretch and do the same places again.

The next level might be to look in the inside and remove very small branches and tiny buds in the center of the plant where the light doesn't reach, just to help airflow and reduce popcorn.

If this girl bounces back strong, you might have a handful of large colas - which ain't bad :)

Ha, thanks Rad! I was going for that feeling of sitting under a palm tree with a corona in hand. :rofl: these are going to be in veg for a while still so will try to get the canopy level with much less extreme methods. Gonna go destress and take some pics of the super furry bushes so you can see what I'm talking about. Back in a few.

It was kind of hard to get good pics of the bushes but here is what I got plus how the palm trees are doing today before destress.

IMG_20171009_201248_1.jpg

IMG_20171009_201334.jpg

IMG_20171009_201403.jpg

IMG_20171009_201540_1.jpg

IMG_20171009_201602_1.jpg

From your finger tips down, I would remove all the green.

That green bud site we can see from above, that little branch goes.

Same here, from a little below your fingers, all the green goes.

Only the small leaves in the middle go. If one of them were on a 2-3" branch, i'd leave that little branch.
If there were 3 little branches there, I'd pick one and compost the other two.

By the time we get here, all this is already gone

That long low branch to the right MIGHT stay if you had LST'd all your other branches like the girl you did earlier, but I like to LSTand have a good shape going before the defoliate.

Duggan - feel free to correct my choices. not claiming to be an expert, just giving specifics.

When I do trimmimg, I think about the fact that one purpose of the leaves are the plants storage and reserves. If the normal food supply runs out the plant will start using reserves to sustain itself. Cutting that much reserves out could cripple the plant if it's "grocery store" runs out.

From your finger tips down, I would remove all the green.

That green bud site we can see from above, that little branch goes.

Same here, from a little below your fingers, all the green goes.

Only the small leaves in the middle go. If one of them were on a 2-3" branch, i'd leave that little branch.
If there were 3 little branches there, I'd pick one and compost the other two.

By the time we get here, all this is already gone

That long low branch to the right MIGHT stay if you had LST'd all your other branches like the girl you did earlier, but I like to LSTand have a good shape going before the defoliate.

Duggan - feel free to correct my choices. not claiming to be an expert, just giving specifics.
its hard for me to really see from here....what to prune!

When I do trimmimg, I think about the fact that one purpose of the leaves are the plants storage and reserves. If the normal food supply runs out the plant will start using reserves to sustain itself. Cutting that much reserves out could cripple the plant if it's "grocery store" runs out.

Thanks TB! I won't let them run out of food but still, I went way too far overboard so will not do so with the other 2.

its hard for me to really see from here....what to prune!

Should I wait until they're in bloom to prune or go ahead and clean them up a little now?

:popcorn:
They look great.
I like mine a lil hairy but thats just one of my fetishes... ;)

So they're still having some issues with leaves crimping up, too damn much stuff in this 3rd run soil. Enviro has been good except that I had a couple night time temps in the mid-low 60's, maybe 63 being the lowest. What's odd is the different between the 3, crispy mess ranging from not so bad to pretty bad. All get same enviro and treatments.

Thinking about flipping soon, would that be ok or should they be in better Heath?

image19797.jpeg

image19799.jpeg

image19798.jpeg

image19800.jpeg

So they're still having some issues with leaves crimping up, too damn much stuff in this 3rd run soil. Enviro has been good except that I had a couple night time temps in the mid-low 60's, maybe 63 being the lowest. What's odd is the different between the 3, crispy mess ranging from not so bad to pretty bad. All get same enviro and treatments.

Thinking about flipping soon, would that be ok or should they be in better Heath?

image19797.jpeg

image19799.jpeg

image19798.jpeg

image19800.jpeg

Prune 'em back. Get the soil working first. Flush, Rescue Drench....then flush again if need be. Top dress with recharge and EWC after the second flush, then flip 'em. Also, 60-63 for more than a couple nights will definitely stunt their growth. Get the night temps up.

What's the floor?

Floor is wood with a layer of ridged insulation. For flush, would it be ok to use water from well that is high in sulfur and ppm runs pretty high, I think 330 or so? I ask because if I flush, we're looking at about 90 gallons correct? That is 30 gallons per plant since they're in #10's. Low night temps were from leaving windows opened on a cold night. Thanks Doc!

Floor is wood with a layer of ridged insulation. For flush, would it be ok to use water from well that is high in sulfur and ppm runs pretty high, I think 330 or so? I ask because if I flush, we're looking at about 90 gallons correct? That is 30 gallons per plant since they're in #10's. Low night temps were from leaving windows opened on a cold night. Thanks Doc!

Any thoughts on flushing with high ppm sulfur well water?

Mind did the same thing ween. Had 4-5 plants effected. One plant darn near stayed perfect in the same tent. Mine didn't happened till bloom
But still turned out very nice .

Hey DS. I stopped over and saw your harvest, impressive! :high-five:

I pruned them and flushed with well water followed by spring water. I think doc wanted me to follow up right away with a rescue drench but didn't figure that out until today so waiting on his reccomendation before I rescue.

So they look pretty ok today but I did remove most of the bad leaves so will give it a few days before I decide if the flush helped.

IMG_20171105_200742_1.jpg

IMG_20171105_200753_1.jpg

IMG_20171105_200805_1.jpg

IMG_20171105_200816.jpg

I pruned them and flushed with well water followed by spring water. I think doc wanted me to follow up right away with a rescue drench but didn't figure that out until today so waiting on his reccomendation before I rescue.

So they look pretty ok today but I did remove most of the bad leaves so will give it a few days before I decide if the flush helped.

IMG_20171105_200805_1.jpg

I like your ring shaped canopy. They are looking pretty good to me.

I like your ring shaped canopy. They are looking pretty good to me.

Hey Rad! That is my bald girl going back to au naturel. I trimmed off all the bad leaves so expect more to fry in the next few days before they get better. Gonna rescue tonight per Doc. have a great day Rad and all that stumble through my disfunctional garden. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom