I will post pics and tutorials on the "build", which is splicing a couple wires and pushing a few other wires into molex connectors. So easy a dabber could do it!

Subbed in and caught up Looking forward to your qb tutorial as I'm considering a build myself but am very lost. I have a closet that's 2x4 and 5' tall and I want to use it for autos.
:Namaste:

Subbed in and caught up Looking forward to your qb tutorial as I'm considering a build myself but am very lost. I have a closet that's 2x4 and 5' tall and I want to use it for autos.
:Namaste:
Welcome GT my Alaskan neighbor to the south. There isn't really too much "building" to be done. The biggest thing is making a frame. Which isn't even necessary but I would highly reccomend.

I would suggest making the first leg of your purchase soon, because products are in stock. Checkout the 120s or 132s on Am@zon. I, being a stay at home dad, cannot afford to buy everything at once, but the boards themselves are what often fly off the shelves.

I will post a tutorial when the time comes for my build. YouTube has some great tutorials also. But do not be intimidated. Again the "build is very very easy. @GrowchyzGardenOfGreen has a tutorial in his journal and on his channel for assembly of the 320 kit (I think). But really I can help you through whatever questuons concerns comments you may have. And between Chris, derby, rider, penny, furci, growchy and myself (and any other experienced light builders) we will get you taken care of. Post here PM (conversation) whatever is clever. We're here to help. But the big key is getting some before they are outta stock!!!

What size would you recommend for my 2x4 closet? I'm on a quest for scrap aluminium.... what else do I need to gather?

If you are in the USA 4x qb132 or 4x qb120 quantum boards on Amazon from HLG are a good price. Then you would only need a driver and a bit of wire. I bet that would be nice in a closet that size.

e in the USA 4x qb132 or 4x qb120 quantum boards

Yes, I'm in the US but shipping to Alaska is sometimes treated as international
I'm looking at the boards and there are so many options. I don't understand the differences... 3500k, 2700k, 5000k. What's the difference between 120 and 132. I don't necessarily need to fully understand but what 'k' level do I need? I want to veg and flower autos.
Thanks so much for the advice!! ✌

Hello my dear 420 family friends and followers!
:ganjamon::circle-of-love::420::circle-of-love::ganjamon:

I'm back (never left?) For the second installment of growing strawberry kush in a bath tub. The first adventure was a fun one but I am hoping that was the tip of the iceberg in relation to what will hopefully be a life long love affair with the amazing healing plant that is cannabis.

The girls I am about to flip have been used and abused quite a bit because I ended up with too many plants in far too small of a space. They are on the mend now and need be flipped before I have more plant than space yet again.....

First maybe a little about me?

I live in Alaska with my beautiful wife and child. I love dabs but mostly all things cannabis. I did a lot of production (making concentrates) before moving up here but only had one incomplete grow under my belt before my recent harvest. Needless to say I'm hooked. I poked around many sites and I couldnt stand the lack of respect "community members" treated their peers with. Especially the new growers, so i joined 420 mag back in september (I think). The truth is there's more then one way to skin a cat and God only knows how many different ways to grow cannabis, and I fell in love with the positive encouraging community here and the rest it history.

I started growing in hempy, but am trying basically pure coco this grow.

This will be my raw info post and I will either edit pics in but probably try and just do a separate post.... time will tell

Anyways

:nomo::nomo::nomo:

Strains

2- Strawberry kush clones from my first run.

1- strawberry kush (sativa pheno aka frosty as my back yard looks currently)

Both from 420

1- ATF regular from stank genetics

Lighting

Horticulture lighting group quantum boards

QB 120s x 2 (3000k)

QB 132 x 4 (TBD arriving saturday)

Medium

Coco coir and sprinkles of perlite in fabric pots

Nutrients

Veg: AN cal mag xtra, sensi grow for coco part a and b, pirhana, voodoo juice, liquid karma, molasses

Flower: AN Ph perfect 3 part fertilizer, botanicare liquid karma, AN voodoo juice and pirhana, molasses, AN rhino skin, and last but never least TERPINATOR.

Space specs

Bathtub is nearly 5 foot by 2.5 foot by 8 foot.

But as you may know I like to spread em real good. This is my final "grow for yield" grow, as I will dive into pollen chucking next.

Environment

I haven't grown in the "warm" months here yet, but I range 75 to 81 lights on and humidity is normally between 35% and 50%

Feed levels

For feed schedules in coco suggest cultivators coco thread and feed schedule

How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule

I roughly follow his feed levels.

Last and never least, I need to give a huge shout out to all of you who have helped me become the grower I am today and hopefully the grower I will be years from now. I don't feel we should never stop striving and pushing the limits of what is possible and what is accepted knowledge.

Here are the link to my soon to be completed first full grow:
Themaddabber's Hempy Bucket Bathtub Grow 2017

My concentrate thread:
Concentrate Corner - Concentrating cannabis for combustion

And my "breeding" journal:
The Quest For Midnight Sunshine - Dabber Begins Breeding Bodacious Botanicals

Thank you all so much for being here. Please let me say we love to have laughs and joke, so my advanced apologies to teddy for any content that need be removed. And let me also say that while we joke and poke fun it's because we are friends and feel we know how much harassment the other can take. **If anyanyone EVER feels uncomfortable bullied or threatened, please message me directly and we can work through it.**

I only want this to be a fun respectful, and most importantly, an EDUCATIONAL thread for growers new and old (in age and/or experience)

So welcome all to the dabbin' cabin, help yourself to a seat, snack, good times and great meds...

:ganjamon::circle-of-love::420::circle-of-love::ganjamon:

Hi dabber! Hope you re doing well. Can I suggest something? Have a look at Grodan rockwool on YouTube and Google. It seems to be the secret to get big roots then big trunk then big stems then huge buds even on small plants. I wish I had seen the videos sooner!

Yes, I'm in the US but shipping to Alaska is sometimes treated as international
I'm looking at the boards and there are so many options. I don't understand the differences... 3500k, 2700k, 5000k. What's the difference between 120 and 132. I don't necessarily need to fully understand but what 'k' level do I need? I want to veg and flower autos. Thanks so much for the advice!! ✌
5000K is bluer light and is traditionally used for veg. 2700K is redder and traditionally used for flower. 3500K is in the middle and often used by people who don't have different lights for different stages. As autos don't have a long veg period you could go with 3500K and throw a few 2700K CFL bulbs just above the canopy for a bit of extra red spectrum when they start to flower. However, there are auto growers who run entirely under 2700K though, so it's a tough call. Either way I think you can eliminate the 5000K option!

Yes. I agree with @InTheShed ..... surprise. Except after recently viewing a growmau5 video tutorial, I've concluded 2700k is bunk. No added deep or far red and only blue yellow and green loss. I could see using a select few @GreenThunder but If I were you I would opt for the 3500k.

K stands for Kelvin which is a unit of measure of degrees by scientists. For lighting it illustrates where the spectrum is more intense. Higher kevlin (ie 6500k commonly known among CFL lighting as "daylight") is more blue, whereas lower Kelvin (2700k) is more red leaning spectrum wise.

5000k and 4000k fall in the middle but often contain far more green and yellow than the graphs tell us plants want or need for pbotosyentishis (and related actions).

So long story short I like 3500k. 3000k is okay but if you veg with this light you'll see less stretching under the 3500k.

132s run at lower amps. So your less likely to over run said breaker if your use these lights. However they both are good. I believe 132s are in 3500k so may be the route to go.

As far as drivers, well there are a few options. I would just get your hands on the boards first but an example of a compatible driver would be HLG-240H-C1750

I would not suggest the 1750 version of the driver. I have one sitting doing nothing because it won't let you max aout the lights

The hlg-320h-2100A or B will run all 4 bds great

Don't you need a hsink for full current though?
Not on the QB132 bds

The bigger bds have them but the smaller ones don't need em. My bds run, backside, maybe 90deg
Driver gets Smoking hot, so keep it outside the tent

I have lots of pics of wires and welding...errrr soldering, I sure learned a lot with these 8 bds

The 132 has 12 more Samsung chips than the 120. I won’t be posting the next build on here but we will be doing it on our YouTube channel. It will consist of four qb120 boards in Series in two different configurations, for a 3x3 and a 2x4. We will have to build an aluminum frame and will also be incorperIng a potentiometer (dimmer) and a Drok multimeter to monitor the wattage and voltage. The 120s have simple push in wire connections as well as soldering points. The 288 and 304 boards are the bigger ones and require heatsinks. The smaller ones don’t looks like the fellas got you going with spectrum, but I’ll say, the 260w kit with 304 boards in 3000k kicks ass!

Back
Top Bottom