1  oz yucca
	1/2 oz Amino Blast
	 1  T  Notrazyme
   Diluted to 1170 ppm
   pH adjusted to  6.23 @ 21.3 C
	1/2 t  Companion

Some of the tops are head height to me now. :yikes:

SS855766-taller.JPG

The top in the center, just under the sagging flex duct in the back, is 63" off the floor and 50" from soil level.

:peace:

Re: Aberration Goes ker Bloom! - 2009

Bloom - Day 10
Code:
--> MTO2, KK1, MTO3, OC6, OC7, MTN3:
1. Pre-flush: 1/2 gal. ea
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   pH adjusted to 6.25 @ 21.4 C

2. Feed: 1 gal. for MTO2, 1/2 gal. for the rest
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 1  t  Soil Nute
	 1  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  oz yucca
	1/2 oz Amino Blast
	 1  T  Notrazyme
   Diluted to 1250 ppm
   pH adjusted to  6.22 @ 21.4 C
	1/2 t  Companion
Code:
--> ORTW, CryLo, SchB, PS:
1. Fed to saturation
   Per gal:
	 1  t  Pure Blend Pro Grow
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Raised w/ Bioactive to 680 ppm
   pH adjusted to  6.25 @ 21.5 C
	1/2 t  Companion

--> BD, TBD:
1. Fed to saturation
   Per gal:
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Diluted to 400 ppm
   pH adjusted to  6.22 @ 21.3 C
	1/2 t  Companion

I raised the lights up 6-12" each.

why'd u raise the lights? The plants don't look that tall.
The tops were about 6" from the lights, and they had grown about 6" in the previous 2 days.
I was gonna ask u also, have u noticed a difference in between flowering under str8 hps as opposed to supplementing HPS w/MH?
I've never flowered without, so I don't have a basis for comparison. My decision to include a MH light was based on my reading of recent opinions by Rosenthal and Cervantes. I'll look for the references, and it'll be in books and/or magazines that I have, so eventually I will probably find it.

Speaking of magazines, it is just silly that in this day and age, I can't buy digital back-issues of magazines on CD or DVD. Ideally they would be search-able. People don't buy back-issues much, but I bet they would buy all of last year's HT, for instance, as search-able PDFs. Especially if that was for $16 a year or something.

Just a thought. I can't tell you how many times I wished I had the time to scan and OCR all my books and magazines...

I figured they shot up there, just checking. I read the same thing about using both spectrums to flower. I never thought of doing it ur way, although I have seem hoods that take both together. Do u rotate the plants under the MH at all? I can't argue with ur way either. Ur damn near doin the work of God in there. Keep it up.

Bloom - Day 11
Code:
1. Pre-flush: 1/2 gal. ea
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   pH adjusted to 6.24 @ 20.3 C

2. Feed: 1-1/4 gal. for MTO2, 3/4 gal. for the rest
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 1  t  Soil Nute
	 1  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  oz yucca
	1/2 oz Amino Blast
	 1  T  Notrazyme
   Diluted to 1250 ppm
   pH adjusted to  6.25 @ 20.1 C
	1/2 t  Companion

I figured they shot up there, just checking. I read the same thing about using both spectrums to flower. I never thought of doing it ur way, although I have seem hoods that take both together. Do u rotate the plants under the MH at all? I can't argue with ur way either. Ur damn near doin the work of God in there. Keep it up.

I don't rotate them, because they are just too unwieldy for that. They have grown through each other at this point anyway. That's why I placed the MH fairly centrally. Everyone except KK1 gets a good dose of HPS and some MH from one side. KK1 gets direct MH, but gets HPS from three sides. Seems about as fair as it's going to get given the restrictions of space and supplies right now.

Later, when the veg and bloom are combined into a larger single bloom room, I plant to run 3 plants down each side of the room with a center aisle. I'm thinking two 600W HPS on each side, and maybe a 1000W MH in the center of the aisle (overhead of course). Later I can add two more HPS (one each side) so each has it's own 600W HPS and they all share the 1000W MH. Or something like that.

Do u notice a difference in bud production from the ones that receive more HPS than MH lighting? Just curious.

I haven't noticed either way. But then I'm still learning so much, I haven't really been paying attention well enough to know. As I get a better understanding of how to grow them well, I assume I will starting picking up on that kind of thing. :bongrip:

i see your veg room is transforming to serious forest!

Yes. It's intimidating, actually. I'm about 5' 8", and some of the tops are taller. I have grown 5 smallish marijuana trees, and 1 large marijuana shrubbery. I am going to run out of ceiling. :yikes:

It's hard not to grin about it anyway, though. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I would throw up more pictures, but quite frankly, there's not much to see at the moment. Soon I will see bud sites forming, and then the closeups get fun.

I also need to clean out the undergrowth. Lots of lower leaves are shading out and falling away. I need to clean it up so it is controlled and sanitary to help avoid pests and disease.

Speaking of bud sites, though, I see pistils on the Crystal Locomotive. Nothing aggressive, but it seems to feel healthy enough to get on with it. I'm thinking it's a good thing. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. They say clones are the same age as their mother, so I imagine any clone passed to me is likely old enough to already be quite mature.

BD (Blue Dream) and TBD (to be determined) are doing good. They look healthy. ORTW and SchB are fine. The cactus is again collapsing under it's own weight.

you will need to destroy ceiling to gain more space... :D
and yes i agree when you can see view like this in room its really hard to not grin. ^^
Btw i ordered 20 cactus seeds, of 2 strains ^^ soon i will germinate them, they are active cactus.
Waiting pics...

Excellent. Cacti are pretty cool. :)

Code:
1. Pre-flush: 3/8 gal. for KK1, 1/2 gal. for the rest
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   pH adjusted to 6.24 @ 20.9 C

2. Feed: 1-1/4 gal. for MTO2; 1 gal. for MTN3 & MTO3; 3/4 gal. for rest
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 1  t  Soil Nute
	 1  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  oz yucca
	1/2 oz Amino Blast
	 1  T  Notrazyme
   Raised with Bioactive to 1300 ppm
   pH adjusted to  6.23 @ 20.8 C
	1/2 t  Companion
Code:
--> ORTW, CryLo, SchB, PS:
1. Fed to saturation
   Per gal:
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Raised w/ Bioactive to 680 ppm
	1/2 t  Companion

--> BD, TBD:
1. Fed to saturation
   Per gal:
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Diluted to 400 ppm
   pH adjusted to  6.22 @ 21.3 C
	1/2 t  Companion

Bloom - Day 12

Pictures! :grinjoint:

BD & TBD. Both are doing great. They were reaching, so I put them closer to the lights:

SS855794-bd-tbd.JPG

ORTW should be ready to give a number of clones soon:

SS855795-ortw.JPG

Schnazzleberry is starting to open up a little:

SS855796-schb.JPG

PS is looking great at 9". I can't wait to smoke her:

SS855799-ps.JPG

CryLo came to me a spindly, half-leafless little girl. She's sure filling out now:

SS855797crylo.JPG

She even has a bunch of these starting to pop out:

SS855800-crylo-2.JPG

In the bloom room, the big girls continue to stretch. There's going to be a large number of tops though:

SS855803-tops.JPG

Here's a shot I took standing up straight and looking toward the ceiling. Notice we are looking at the underside of that top leaf? :yikes:

SS855810-overhead.JPG

Here's a look at what I am seeing pop out all over. It is on:

SS855813-it-begins.JPG

Finally, here's a shot of how I balanced the dehumidifier on an IKEA plant stand. LOL - it's stable, but it looks ridiculous. It can drain straight into a big sump though, which is a lot better than emptying the tank twice a day. Ever since I took it down from the shelf on high, it's been a real pain. Fixed for now:

SS855814-fulltime-dehum-again.JPG

Code:
1. Pre-flush: 3/8 gal. for KK1, 1/2 gal. for the rest
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   pH adjusted to 6.26 @ 21.7 C

2. Feed: 1-1/4 gal. for MTO2; 1 gal. for MTN3 & MTO3; 3/4 gal. for rest
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         1  T  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 1  t  Soil Nute
	 1  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 1  t  Feather Tea
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  oz yucca
	1/2 oz Amino Blast
	 1  T  Notrazyme
   Raised with Bioactive to 1300 ppm
	1/2 t  Companion

Thanks, y'all.

I was wondering where u were. Out of curiosity, how long does it take u to measure mix and feed? Another thing. If u have left over nutes mixed how long can they last mixed up b4 going bad. I read something a while back that sparked the last question.

It takes 30-60 minutes usually. I try to be meticulous, so it isn't quick. Also, I get pretty high while I'm feeding them, so that doesn't help. ;)

I don't keep old nutes. I either use them to feed some other plant immediately, or it goes into the sump, which gets pumped out to the lawn.

I'm transplanting some clones to pots now.

I c. I just figured since u feed frequently that u might use the leftovers. Is there any harm in doing so with the organics? LOL @
Also, I get pretty high while I'm feeding them, so that doesn't help.
I fell on some of my girls doin that b4, lol. Be careful (although its probably ur normal routine).

I c. I just figured since u feed frequently that u might use the leftovers. Is there any harm in doing so with the organics? LOL @

Maybe not, but there's usually little left and I don't mind using it on the yard. Living components will grow or shrink in population as they are exposed to nutrients and other organisms. I want them to do this in my pots, not in a bucket, so I don't take the chance.

I fell on some of my girls doin that b4, lol. Be careful (although its probably ur normal routine).

It's totally my usual routine. I try not to fall down. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So the transplanting is done for the night. I originally took the following cuttings: 10 from KK1, 10 from MTO3, 10 from MTN3, and 7 from OC6. Of those, 9 are now in pots, and 7 are still struggling for roots in the cloner tray.

I suck at cloning so far, so I play the numbers. I just take a lot of cuttings and assume massive attrition. I figure if I get enough in the end, it's enough, and if I have to lose 3/4 of them to get what I need, so be it. Soon I imagine I will improve, but for now, this is my most winning strategy for clones.

There were no KK1 survivors. They all went down really early. 🤷 There are 4 MTO3, 3 MTN3, and 2 OC6 in the pots. Of those still in the cloner, 2 MTO3 and 1 MTN3 might make it, 2 OC6 are ready now, and 2 more OC6 might pull it off. I'm guessing a total of 4 more into pots then, giving me 13 survivors in the end. We shall see.

Even the ones in soil may fail here and there. I do much better after this point.

SS855820-sad-clones.JPG

SS855819-root-o-rama.JPG

Back
Top Bottom